Hooks vs gunter

BoyzNdaHood

Hooks vs gunter  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

Looking forward to hosting this game. Royse City ISD Stadium has started out the playoff season with some really good games. Even though Bi-District usually does not provide the best games, these have been pretty good.

We started out wit Van vs. Princeton. This game was close in the first half, but Van has an outstanding ball club and they eventually pulled away. Friday night we hosted Texas High vs. West Mesquite....wow! What a game! I believe it was an upset, but if you started the season with these two playing each other, you would realize that they matched up very well.

Saturday afternoon was a beautiful afternoon to play football. 65 degrees, sunshine, no wind...perfect. Bonham comes in with a 2-8 record and I'm sure everyone expected a Wills Point blowout. This game was tied 13 all with 2:32 to play in the fourth quarter. Wills Point intercepts the ball on their own 12 yard line as Bonham was driving to score and win the game. The player intercepts the ball and runs it all the way back to the Purple Warrior 12. A couple plays later the Tigers score and win the game. It was a classic and there was an anomaly in this game like I have never seen before. Bonham controlled the football for 38 minutes in this game! Also if you have not heard of their fullback/halfback Xzavion Epps....he is an amazing running back.

I expect the Hooks vs. Gunter game to be a great one as well.

Sir that sounds like it would have been a fine game to watch..

Hooks is a big underdog for sure. They have two personalities for sure. The D has to play the game of their life. They have to think and play tight. Both the O and D line have to protect their land and follow thru with their assignments. These guyes don't have an "S" on the jerseys. They are group of well coached teenagers that respect their coach and excell for him. They are not quiters when things go wrong. Hornets hold you heads up and bring wood

Hooks definitely has to play well on both sides of the ball. That being said no one is unbeatable. One thing i feel certain about the kids on this team wont quit, they will be there the entire game. Gunter wont be able to have an off night either and get away with a w. This should be a good game, we see ya on friday. Of course i'm taking the Hornets.

• Like 1

I've seen some tremendous underdogs really turn it on when faced with a clear cut favorite. High school kids adapt and proceed when they have to. I would not count on a traditional program to just fold up tent because some prognosticator picked them to lose by a bunch.

I played a very long time ago and we won our District Championship my senior year. We had Masonic Homes in the first round. Whether or not you have ever heard of them, they were 54 point favorites over us. We tied them 0-0 and they advanced on penetrations, 2 to 1. So, I've been there and know the odds come back down to the players on football field when that whistle blows to kickoff. The will to win is really the odds maker in any game.

Gunter has a good team, Hooks will show up and play hard. At least that's the type of football that I grew up hearing about Hooks...

• Like 1

At Royse City ISD Stadium now. Temperature is 56, wind gusts up to 27 mph. Beautiful evening, football weather! Hooks is on the field and testing out the new turf. If the wind can calm down about to about 10-15 mph, it will be perfect.

Can you smell the Turkey Legs, sausage, hot dogs and hamburgers on that smoker? Hot coffee and hot chocolate is brewing...You can still make it in plenty of time....two hours and ten minutes until kickoff!

Go Tigers! Go Hornets!