Mr. P

Tigers versus Mustangs  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this'n?

Nobody in their right mind can honestly say Overton has a chance in this one...especially after watching the video and the state championship last year...Bremond by 50

I can clearly see from some of your previous posts you may be the Einstein of our time...so you must be spot on with this one as well. Lol. Everyone has a chance even as miniscule as it may be.

I can clearly see from some of your previous posts you may be the Einstein of our time...so you must be spot on with this one as well. Lol. Everyone has a chance even as miniscule as it may be.

Yea that might be true...but in this case, it is not. Saw the kid at regionals get the baton in the 4x200 for the last leg in 6th place and ended up winning it by 10 meters. He is the real deal, even Tenaha says they can't play with them.

Yea that might be true...but in this case, it is not. Saw the kid at regionals get the baton in the 4x200 for the last leg in 6th place and ended up winning it by 10 meters. He is the real deal, even Tenaha says they can't play with them.

Ok thanks will be sure to tell our kids we are running track Friday night..thanks for the insight...and don't think anyone from Tenaha thinks they can't play with them...nor should they.

What if they stroke him? Can or has the backup ran the offense when the game isn't already won, and the game is still in the balance? Not wishing him harm or anything but I've seen a player get banged up during tackles and him be the whole offense. Overton will bring the wood at times and light him up if they get the chance. What will the Tigers do if that happens? Has it happened in the last couple years? Just an honest question.. How will the offense operate without its leader if he should get injured, would have been a better way to phrase it. Weird things happen in the Playoffs,my senior year we were worried about a qb that was huge and state record holder in track in the 100 and previous years anchor on state winning 400, came out was warming up and pulled/tweeted a hammy, we beat that team 42-0. Weird things happen.

• Like 1

You will think you are at a track meet Friday night when he is constantly running 40-60 yard dashes

Sounds good we will get some times for that relay in the spring..like we need to be told anymore we have no chance..all the more reason we might..again regardless of how slim it may be. It's pretty easy to say they will beat us soundly...earth shattering take on your part..keep the solid analysis coming

The question I asked was what are they without him leading that o? Strange things happen in playoff football, can their backup run the o as efficiently as him? Are they still as potent? What if he is not at 100, are they so proficient that it does not matter and have they had to win without him leading the charge? Just inquiring minds wanna know.

Win or lose, this is a tremendous opportunity for the program. A second-round playoff game against one of the elite teams in 2A. Overton has gimped along for the better part of two decades, only recently backing into the post-season (with multiple seasons of sub .500 records) due to advantageous realignments. That is, being a mediocre team in some pisspoor districts.

But they're come a long way in a short time, especially considering they started the football year behind the eight-ball.

Their previous coach steps down in the middle of spring, the new guy is hired just a few days before school lets out. In a couple weeks he's got to assemble a coaching staff and get to know these kids. Summer two-a-days roll around and the team is quickly decimated by kids quitting because they can't hack it (including some all-district senior leaders). Injuries take more key seniors who start on both sides of the ball. Indeed, on paper there's not a reason in the world why Overton should win this game. We're slower, smaller, and have far less post-season experience. Bremond has backs bigger than our linemen, and features a stellar athlete who will be catching passes in the SEC next year. The most conservative estimates give Bremond about a 20 to 30-point edge going in. On paper, Bremond wins in every category.

Football games, however, are not played on paper.

I've no doubt that Overton will play this game to the best of their ability, and quite likely fall short. After all, the reason the story of "David and Goliath" is so inspirational is because Goliath wins that fight 99 times outta 100. But our boys will fight for four full quarters, and our senior leaders will leave it all on the field. We may not take a win from Bremond's inevitable state title run, but I think some respect will be due.

Still, I'm taking the long view here. To put this season in some context: if this game ends the way that most expect it will, all three of Overton's losses will have come to state-ranked, district-winning teams. All of whom are expected to make deep playoff runs, if not winning State outright.

Considering where we've been, and what they've overcome, that's a heckuva consolation right there. I don't think it's presumptuous to say: Overton is back.

• Like 3

Yeah yeah yeah.. So why yall been bogarting all season? For this? Catch a fourty game win streak team looking down the road? Maybe be wrecking house? Hahhahahhahahahahaha, Overton gon do the unthinkable and rock 2aD2..

Man I like your enthusiasm..just can't see it as optimistic as I've been

• Like 1

After this year's grind, I'd be dam if I would jus give it over, I'd be coming with the house, rite in Tha mouth and hammering, twelve weeks plus Texas summer two a days, yeah make them earn every inch, every play, all night long. Tell defense to tee off on the backs every play. Yeah I understand it's Bremond, so what they take a poop between a pair of feet jus like yall. They want this game? Make them come and take it. Remember, yall ain't supposed to win this game, so what the hell yall got to loose? 48 minutes of hard core football and you could be playing tenaha again.. Js

• Like 1

The question I asked was what are they without him leading that o? Strange things happen in playoff football, can their backup run the o as efficiently as him? Are they still as potent? What if he is not at 100, are they so proficient that it does not matter and have they had to win without him leading the charge? Just inquiring minds wanna know.

Last year SC game WOS vs Celina. Celina QB went out early with injury. I still think WOS wins, but Celina backup was totally unprepared. Doesn't have to be injury - flu, diarrhea, or any number of medical reasons could sideline him. Your "what if" scenario is valid. And I'm old, blind, and senile, but I don't think I've seen an answer yet. Begs the question, does his backup get much playing time?

Go Stangs!

• Like 1

When faced with adversity, I always remember what my granddaddy once told me
We wasn't supposed to take Guadalcanal but we did, wasn't supposed to be able to stop Rommell in North Africa but we did, weren't supposed to be able to get on France's shores, but we brought D-day and people started to believe, took Paris and people knew that anything was possible.. Let Bremond be yalls Omaha beach, and let the kids believe anything is possible with determination and guts, and the willingness to pay the price.

• Like 3

I watched enough of that highlight video to know the young man is an exceptional athlete. But I've had a little experience with Tenaha (thank goodness just a little), and that makes me wonder who at Tenaha told you that. I'd bet a bunch of money if you ask every kid on Tenaha's team, not one would say they can't play with Bremond. I don't think that opinion is in the Tenaha mentality. I think if they lined up with WOS they'd think they could win.