Mr. P

Tigers versus Mustangs  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this'n?

The kid uses something that isn't coached hardly at all anymore. He cuts across the grain ( heads in the direction of pursuit). 50% of would be, highly skilled tacklers will overrun him and never have a chance at the tackle after that, given his speed. If the defense would take his running style into account it would give them a better chance to corral him. He is a beast of a runner. Every advantage should be taken in order to somewhat take the Paul youngster off his game. Otherwise, he will eat opponents up. Disciplined assignment ball is a must to have a chance.

When faced with adversity, I always remember what my granddaddy once told me

We wasn't supposed to take Guadalcanal but we did, wasn't supposed to be able to stop Rommell in North Africa but we did, weren't supposed to be able to get on France's shores, but we brought D-day and people started to believe, took Paris and people knew that anything was possible.. Let Bremond be yalls Omaha beach, and let the kids believe anything is possible with determination and guts, and the willingness to pay the price.

Great analogy, so true!

if overton brings everyone in to stop him he will still make them pay with his arm and bremond has good wr's. his brother is one of them. alot of people think that bremond can only run with the qb but its not true they are good all the way around you dont get to see the wr's alot because no one has stopped paul the past 3 years but they still practice throwing during games when they are already up 35+ . im still sticking with bremond vs tenaha reg 3 championship......

Best three teams left Bremond, Tenaha, and Overton.

Bremond is the big Dog and possibly will beat Overton by 14 or more. But Bremond has not faced one team this year that is any good. Nobody has hit them in the mouth. Overton would beat every team Bremond has played by 20 to 30 points. So if Overton can strike first and gets some fire under there belly, then it will be a very close game.

• Like 3

Best three teams left Bremond, Tenaha, and Overton.

Bremond is the big Dog and possibly will beat Overton by 14 or more. But Bremond has not faced one team this year that is any good. Nobody has hit them in the mouth. Overton would beat every team Bremond has played by 20 to 30 points. So if Overton can strike first and gets some fire under there belly, then it will be a very close game.

Tap the breaks a lil bit......

alot of people think that bremond can only run with the qb but its not true they are good all the way around...

Like I said, he's on pace for another 2,000 yards passing + rushing season. I don't think anyone who's more than a casual observer underestimates Bremond's ability to throw it around.

Roshauud Paul is on pace to have another 2,000 yard passing/2,000 yard rushing season.

Overton will need to score and do it often. If overton will come in thinking shoot out and expect bremond to score quickly overton can stay in it by using offensive fireworks to go score for score and see where the chips fall. But imo Overton has to game plan to score big.

I've been looking into Overton's chances...

Tenaha beat Gateway Charter Academy 67-0, Bremond beat the same team 56-20, Tenaha beat Overton 38-20...

I know it's all about matchups, and you can't really go by scores, but IF we were to look at it this way, Overton does have a puncher's chance. If the Mustangs can jump on them early, get a couple of stops early, they have a good shot at the upset, in my opinion. The key will be in the preparation and execution.

I'm pulling for Overton, and I certainly hope they can get it done.

• Like 2

blackflag79 i think bremond was up on GCA 42-0 at the half and let alot of their jv they pulled up play in the 2nd half.... no style points in hs football

Exactly why you can't really go by scores, especially in blowout games. Do you not think that Tenaha did the same thing in their encounter with GCA? It's all about matchups. Who really knows?