Gladewater vs Celina  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Gladewater vs Celina

City Bank Field

Forney, Texas

7:30 Friday, Nov. 18th, 2016

Let's get this started.

I have no clue about Celina except they have a rich history in Texas High School Football. If anyone has video (with the exception of the QB incident which I think everyone has seen) please post. What does anyone know about the Bobcats?

Gladewater vs Celina

City Bank Field

Forney, Texas

7:30 Friday, Nov. 18th, 2016

Let's get this started.

I have no clue about Celina except they have a rich history in Texas High School Football. If anyone has video (with the exception of the QB incident which I think everyone has seen) please post. What does anyone know about the Bobcats?

I hear the QB is essential to their team *wink*

Anyways, congrats to both teams in advancing. Good luck Gladewater! Watch those ankles!

• Like 1

My take on the Celina team is they have quality talent but sometimes lack team chemistry. Have had some problems in the past years with some of the players getting into trouble.......so I think it hurts the overall team chemistry.......as in their confidence can be shaken when things don't go exactly right. If they get a good lead......then look out. But if you play them tough in the lines, you have a good chance to keep the game close. If the game stays close, they may begin making some stupid mistakes and lose confidence in critical situations. This is what I mean by team chemistry. Overall, they have talent and a very capable team.

My take on the Celina team is they have quality talent but sometimes lack team chemistry. Have had some problems in the past years with some of the players getting into trouble.......so I think it hurts the overall team chemistry.......as in their confidence can be shaken when things don't go exactly right. If they get a good lead......then look out. But if you play them tough in the lines, you have a good chance to keep the game close. If the game stays close, they may begin making some stupid mistakes and lose confidence in critical situations. This is what I mean by team chemistry. Overall, they have talent and a very capable team.

I hear the QB is essential to their team *wink*

Anyways, congrats to both teams in advancing. Good luck Gladewater! Watch those ankles!

Thanks Mav. I think the key will be the play of their OL. We have done a good job of containing the quick outs, so if we can get pressure on the Celina QB he will have a hard time getting the ball down the field. With the exception of the PG game our defense has played well, but our best defense in this game might be our offense keeping the Celina offense off the field.

Lived in Kilgore during the 80's and my boss had a son who played for the Bears. Followed G'water every Friday night and became a real fan. Still get a sick feeling when I think of that loss to Daingerfield at Rose Stadium. Now living in Forney and am so excited that the Bears are coming here for a play-off game. Will be there on Friday night hoping G'water puts a big hurt on Celina. GO BEARS!!!!!

• Like 1

Celina had played 2 teams with a pulse and the got smoked both times. This ain't the same Celina. Bears by 20+. I'd put a paycheck on it.

In the other games they sure racked up the stats.

Here's a few

Some stats on Celina

Passing-147 of 223 for 2139 yrds, 29 TDs & 12 interceptions

Pingleton is 105 of 156 for 1629 yrds, 23 TDs & 9 interceptions

Rushing-402 for 3105 yrds & 45 TDs

Franklin has 150 carries for 1273 yrds & 16 TDs

Ortiz has 55 carries for 567 yrds & 9 TDs

Pingleton has 52 carries for 268 yrds & 3 TDs

19 others have carries

Receiving- Franklin has 31 catches for 610 yrds & 8 TDs

Rivas has 25 catches for 313 yrds & 3 TDs

15 others with catches

In the other games they sure racked up the stats.

Here's a few

Some stats on Celina

Passing-147 of 223 for 2139 yrds, 29 TDs & 12 interceptions

Pingleton is 105 of 156 for 1629 yrds, 23 TDs & 9 interceptions

Rushing-402 for 3105 yrds & 45 TDs

Franklin has 150 carries for 1273 yrds & 16 TDs

Ortiz has 55 carries for 567 yrds & 9 TDs

Pingleton has 52 carries for 268 yrds & 3 TDs

19 others have carries

Receiving- Franklin has 31 catches for 610 yrds & 8 TDs

Rivas has 25 catches for 313 yrds & 3 TDs

15 others with catches

That's some pretty impressive stats

• Like 1

That's some pretty impressive stats

I know. Of course that's one more game than we have played and hopefully they racked up those numbers against some weak competition. Against Aubry, Pingleton threw for 410 yrds and 7 TDs. What's scary is the number of players, both rushing and receiving that factor into the offense.

Celina has lost two games this year early, but they are not the same team that lost those two games i promise you they have figured something out. Celina doesnt need to throw a single pass if they dont want to. The offensive line is so big and strong they seem to beat the defense into submission. When you see them in person you will think your playing a d1 college oline im not kidding. Runningbacks and qb are fast. Defensively they are undersized a good offensive line can cause problems for the defense. They are quick and tackle good, but if you have a good oline that can pound the ball Celina might be in trouble.

Of course all teams get much better from game 1 to 12, but Princeton beat Celina by 2 TD. Let that sink in for a minute.

Sir i get what your saying but i assure you that was a completely different team. If the Bears go into the game thinking like that Celina will run them off the field.