Gladewater (8-2) vs Celina (9-2)

Golfingnut

Gladewater vs Celina  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Sir i get what your saying but i assure you that was a completely different team. If the Bears go into the game thinking like that Celina will run them off the field.

No way Celina will run them off any field. And I can assure you nobody will think like that. Big difference between a poster on a website and the team playing a storied program like Celina. Gladewater will be way up for this one.

Celina has lost two games this year early, but they are not the same team that lost those two games i promise you they have figured something out. Celina doesnt need to throw a single pass if they dont want to. The offensive line is so big and strong they seem to beat the defense into submission. When you see them in person you will think your playing a d1 college oline im not kidding. Runningbacks and qb are fast. Defensively they are undersized a good offensive line can cause problems for the defense. They are quick and tackle good, but if you have a good oline that can pound the ball Celina might be in trouble.

It's pretty easy to think your team has turned it around when they have been playing the likes of YMLA, Liberty Christian, Pinkston, and all those other powder puffs. What I just saw was an embarrassingly weak schedule. Celina has not had the chance to prove they are any better than they were the 1st 2 games of the season. Unless all of the sudden Aubrey and Melissa are considered top level opponents? Taking out Princeton and Argyle, the rest of Celinas opponents are a combined 34-61 on the season. Celina had a special season last year, but the mystique is gone.
  • Like 1

Celina has lost two games this year early, but they are not the same team that lost those two games i promise you they have figured something out. Celina doesnt need to throw a single pass if they dont want to. The offensive line is so big and strong they seem to beat the defense into submission. When you see them in person you will think your playing a d1 college oline im not kidding. Runningbacks and qb are fast. Defensively they are undersized a good offensive line can cause problems for the defense. They are quick and tackle good, but if you have a good oline that can pound the ball Celina might be in trouble.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate you coming to this thread and posting.

I saw the numbers on their OL and they are big. That might keep us from getting pressure on the QB, but as much as Celina throws the ball it's hard for me to believe they will keep it on the ground.

The one thing our offense does well is pound the ball. We have a very good defense, but our offense can also be our best defense. We use up a lot of clock. We also have speed in the backfield from both our RBs and QB. We don't throw much but we can and will when the opponent least expects it.

Thanks again for leaving your thread and coming over here. I appreciate getting some info from someone who has seen them play.

It's pretty easy to think your team has turned it around when they have been playing the likes of YMLA, Liberty Christian, Pinkston, and all those other powder puffs. What I just saw was an embarrassingly weak schedule. Celina has not had the chance to prove they are any better than they were the 1st 2 games of the season. Unless all of the sudden Aubrey and Melissa are considered top level opponents? Taking out Princeton and Argyle, the rest of Celinas opponents are a combined 34-61 on the season. Celina had a special season last year, but the mystique is gone.

That's Celina Football!

Of course all teams get much better from game 1 to 12, but Princeton beat Celina by 2 TD. Let that sink in for a minute.

Argyle (a good team) blows them out just about every year. They love to schedule lesser teams and score 60 on them and pad their stats so they can talk about it at the QB club come the next Monday.