East and Central Texas HSFB Coaching Carousel...

Smoaky

Commerce is a tough place to win, as are most jobs that are open this early.

Movement in the metropolitan areas already, is the turnover rate in East Texas going to be large this year?

Yes it is but they always have a ton of athletes there. Its about getting the kids to play and then having the discipline to keep them in line. Commerce could be a gold mine for the right kind of coach. Also they are the largest 3A school in division 1 so there is a chance of moving up to 4A next allignment.

Yes it is but they always have a ton of athletes there. Its about getting the kids to play and then having the discipline to keep them in line. Commerce could be a gold mine for the right kind of coach. Also they are the largest 3A school in division 1 so there is a chance of moving up to 4A next allignment.

It's been a few years, but I'm sure things haven't changed much. They have dudes walking the halls and kids who think they are hoopsters who should be playing football. They have always had discipline problems, that is for sure. Moving up in classification is a major negative. The pay has always been #### and they don't have enough coaches to get the job done, unless things have changed.

Losing leads to more losing, and then participation goes down, then more losing happens, then the parade of coaches begins, then kids start to specialize, then more losing happens, then Administrations cuts the number of coaches, then more losing occurs, then the Board stops investing money in the program, then more losing and you end up with a program that once competed for State Championships struggling to have a winning season.