2AD1 - East TX best chance vs Refugio?

Everide2016

Looking out a few weeks, which east TX team has the best shot at taking out Refugio? Gotta have a superb O-line or Refugio will be in our backfield all day from what I'm hearing. Can likely get it done with just a solid defense as their offense doesn't appear to be what it has been.

Sure they weren't at the time but it is amazing that now for the last 3 years they have been put in a solid competitive district we haven't seen any of those outrageous scores. Also he is back to the routine of playing starters a half when they play inferior opponents. Look at last week against La Villa. Played starters a quarter when up 28-0. Finished the 2nd quarter with backups and JV to make the score 55-0 at half. Ran a running clock and played JV guys and won 68- 0. It was never about running up the scores it was about playing starters more then 2 quarters a game. Unfortunately most will never understand and that is OK but his former district was comprised of teams from deep South Texas that were about as competitive as La Villa. Believe me everyone from Refugio is glad to be in a very solid district thus not having to go back to this philosophy.

I'm in agreement with wooderson. The blowout scoring is old news that anyone with a little football acumen should be able to come to at least a little understanding of now. Moving into the more competitive district with Shiner and Weimar has helped Refugio and I would think has vindicated their coach from the naysayers that came out of the woodwork several years back. His starters now get at least some semblance of competition (hard fought games in Shiner's case) prior to getting to the playoffs so he doesn't feel like he has to give them as many reps in blowout games like he did in the old district with teams that literally couldn't beat some middle school teams.

Region 3 has always been the deepest as far as talent but not always the best overall team. Not sure Refugio wins their Region all the time if they play Region 3. I do see that Region 3 will have a tough time winning the SC this year but Carlisle may have what it takes. SA on any given day can turn on as well. Maybe hitting their stride at the right time.