Teague vs Cameron

Allheartnoquit

never seen a team not kneel when there is an injured player either, that's low class, also the hit on our running back after scoring a touchdown, smh

As a neutral fan, I was sitting on Teague side due to ticket line being shorter when I arrived. Not sure why the Yoe fans have such an obsession with the other team's players taking a knee when there's an injury? I could hear the Yoe fans yelling it across the field and it was ridiculous. This isn't a rule, so get over it. The Teague players were not being disrespectful in any way, they were simply gathered in their huddle. Let it go folks, it's optional.

it shows good sportmaship and respect, its not bashing a coach its telling the truth.

Not the one that I was warning........the basher had his post removed.......carry on, and from now on if you have a question about an admin decision, carry it to PM......

• Like 1

it shows good sportmaship and respect, its not bashing a coach its telling the truth.

You have some extremely poor logic going on here. Taking a knee gives no more indication of good sportsmanship and respect than standing respectfully while an injured player is being attended to. If you're really concerned about the good sportsmanship, might want to speak with one of your receivers that was being extremely disrespectful to a referee after a call didn't go his way. I saw the same receiver behave the same way during both the China Spring and Rockdale games. The Teague players did nothing during the injury time outs that showed poor sportsmanship or lack of respect.

That is what it is. I know we kneel and a lot of others do, but I know some that don't. I don't look much into it myself.

As far as the game, it was all about the Yoe defense. This unit has come a LONG way from that Rockdale game earlier this season. That is traditionally what we see from a Cameron team in the playoffs, though. We definitely had our chances to put the game away early, but made some costly mistakes on offense. Gotta give a lot of credit to Teague. Always a quality opponent and I expect them to be back in 2017.

That is what it is. I know we kneel and a lot of others do, but I know some that don't. I don't look much into it myself.

As far as the game, it was all about the Yoe defense. This unit has come a LONG way from that Rockdale game earlier this season. That is traditionally what we see from a Cameron team in the playoffs, though. We definitely had our chances to put the game away early, but made some costly mistakes on offense. Gotta give a lot of credit to Teague. Always a quality opponent and I expect them to be back in 2017.

Congrats to Yoe once again. Yoe D coaches had a great game plan against Teague O. If you told me before the game that the Yoe O would only score 23 points then I am thinking OK. As usual Yoe steps it up once the playoffs start.

Yoe09, did y'all hear an explanation on the first punt of the game. From our standpoint it appeared the punter kicked the ball into the back of the up back. He then picked the ball up and scrambled and completed the pass downfield. Lineman down field ?? Great play by # 2

In all honesty, I can imagine the frustration from Teague. I hated when we lost to La Vega in playoffs in back to back years. To lose 3 in a row would be maddening. We weren't even legit contenders those years

Drizzle, the only consolation is Yall go on to win or play in the Big Dance. Congrats on the win and good luck the rest of the way. We should be better next year with what and who we have back. Once again the road to the State Championship game goes through Cameron.

Yoe09, did y'all hear an explanation on the first punt of the game. From our standpoint it appeared the punter kicked the ball into the back of the up back. He then picked the ball up and scrambled and completed the pass downfield. Lineman down field ?? Great play by # 2

Punt was kicked into the rear of the upback. The punter picked it up , rolled and passed downfield where there was a great sideline catch. The ball was snapped at the defense 44 and the farthest any linemen went was to the 43 so no foul for ineligible downfield.

That particular play is something you don't see very often. Since the play never went past the line of scrimmage it was a legal play. I went back and reviewed that play. It began at the 44 and the furthest a lineman got was to the 42.

Taking a knee is optional. I'll never understand the rage some of my fellow Yoemen fans express. Yelling "Take a knee!" is pretty classless in and of itself, especially when a player is hurt and the whole stadium is quiet.

Very well put, the yelling overshadows anything else going on and ultimately serves the seeming purpose of drawing attention the the person doing the yelling which in my opinion is likely their reason for yelling it in the first place. They don't give a rip about the hurt kid or they'd shut their yapper and perhaps say a prayer.

First off, I am a long time Yoe supporter, but the crying and moaning from the Yoe fans about not taking a knee when there is an injury has grown unbearably old over the years. I posted this a few years ago about this exact same time of the year, and thought it deserved a call back..................

The whole taking a knee thing is so silly. I was just talking about this to my kids today when we were watching the UMHB playoff game at Crusader Stadium. There was an injured player on the field and they asked why nobody was taking a knee. I asked why they thought it was necessary, and they said it was a sign of respect. I wholeheartedly agreed, but I asked them why can't you be respectful and stand up??? They did not have a good answer for me. I have been at multiple high school games listening to Moms and Dads in the stands literally losing their minds (and voices) yelling at the opposing team because someone happened to be standing when their son was on the turf because he broke a freakin' nail!? I can appreciate the gesture, but you rarely, if ever, see a college or pro team take a knee unless it is a serious injury. Give it a rest folks, it's not that big of a deal. I hate seeing young men go down for any reason, especially a serious injury, but taking a knee is not required by rule, and does nothing to actually help the situation. If you want to take a knee, cool. If not, that's cool too. For those that think it is off the reservation disrespectful if they don't take a knee......for heaven's sake, get over yourself.Here is the reason why it is really done: (other than the increasing pussification of our country)The take a knee practice started in youth football - if a player goes down, there is no trainer, and it is the coaches who deal with injuries. So the question was, what do you have a bunch of 6-9 year olds do while the coaches are tending to the injured player on the field? The coaches would tell the kids on the sideline to take a knee and be still in a show of respect (which is also what the parents heard), but it was all about keeping the kids on the sideline under control while the coaches were busy elsewhere. It was never something we did as players many years ago, and you don't see college or pro teams do this as a matter of course, but it's entered high schools through the youth leagues because parents and players have become CONDITIONED to it. When I was coaching, I always let the players do as they saw fit during an injury- take a knee or remain standing, but they were also directed to be respectful. (some players do not want to sit still, they want to keep moving around)So, it has become a symbolism over substance thing. Too many people have latched on to it like it is gospel. Let it go..........please.

Nice post can you send that to a bunch of the Yoe fans? After our game came down to watch the Yoe and Teague game ended up on Yoe side because of traffic and gate

One of the Yoe kids was down and this Yoe fan behind me nearly stroked out yelling at Teague

I wanted to tell him just like you stated in this post it's not pee wee anymore but obviously did not want to get in big altercation

• Like 1

First off, I am a long time Yoe supporter, but the crying and moaning from the Yoe fans about not taking a knee when there is an injury has grown unbearably old over the years. I posted this a few years ago about this exact same time of the year, and thought it deserved a call back..................

The whole taking a knee thing is so silly. I was just talking about this to my kids today when we were watching the UMHB playoff game at Crusader Stadium. There was an injured player on the field and they asked why nobody was taking a knee. I asked why they thought it was necessary, and they said it was a sign of respect. I wholeheartedly agreed, but I asked them why can't you be respectful and stand up??? They did not have a good answer for me. I have been at multiple high school games listening to Moms and Dads in the stands literally losing their minds (and voices) yelling at the opposing team because someone happened to be standing when their son was on the turf because he broke a freakin' nail!? I can appreciate the gesture, but you rarely, if ever, see a college or pro team take a knee unless it is a serious injury. Give it a rest folks, it's not that big of a deal. I hate seeing young men go down for any reason, especially a serious injury, but taking a knee is not required by rule, and does nothing to actually help the situation. If you want to take a knee, cool. If not, that's cool too. For those that think it is off the reservation disrespectful if they don't take a knee......for heaven's sake, get over yourself.

Here is the reason why it is really done: (other than the increasing pussification of our country)

The take a knee practice started in youth football - if a player goes down, there is no trainer, and it is the coaches who deal with injuries. So the question was, what do you have a bunch of 6-9 year olds do while the coaches are tending to the injured player on the field? The coaches would tell the kids on the sideline to take a knee and be still in a show of respect (which is also what the parents heard), but it was all about keeping the kids on the sideline under control while the coaches were busy elsewhere. It was never something we did as players many years ago, and you don't see college or pro teams do this as a matter of course, but it's entered high schools through the youth leagues because parents and players have become CONDITIONED to it. When I was coaching, I always let the players do as they saw fit during an injury- take a knee or remain standing, but they were also directed to be respectful. (some players do not want to sit still, they want to keep moving around)

So, it has become a symbolism over substance thing. Too many people have latched on to it like it is gospel. Let it go..........please.

Well said WhosYoeDaddy. I watch football all over the state and I've never seen the fans of any other team carry on about this like the Yoe fans. Been to three Yoe games this year and have heard this yelling from the other side in two of the three games. Minor distraction in an overall fun program to watch, but certainly annoying as heck to anyone that's really there simply to watch good football.

• Like 1

When did showing respect, or expecting others to, become "old-fashioned" or "classless"??? That's a different level of the mentality that the Constitution is outdated or standing and removing your headwear during the Star-Spangled Banner is no big deal. These young men are playing a game, and there is nothing wrong with showing respect to the fact that a fellow participant has risked his well-being and could possibly be seriously injured for the sake of the game. I'm honestly disappointed that any of my fellow Yoemen who might have been in Houston last December feel that it's not a big deal to respect that.

My opinion on this game. Until Teague becomes a two dimensional offense, they will never beat Yoe. Defense played well but that offense is stagnant due to running the same 6 or 7 plays constantly. It's a simple stop. Open up the playbook a bit and air it out, can't let teams stack the box. If Teague wants to pound the ball like that they should go back to the Slot T, Ace, or I-formations. JMO.

• Like 1