Pleasant Grove vs Celina

A2J

Hawks have played at this stadium before. This is where we played Glen Rose in the 3rd round in 2007, I game we should have won, although they had a D1 QB who may have had a tryout with the Pro's.

It was a very close game and I remember the wind played a factor in both team, passing and kicking. It was like a hurricane! You really need to take advantage if you have the wind at your back. The wind will shift all around and if you have a chance for a field goal you may should take it.

Good luck PG!

Clayton Reese missed a fifty yarder right before the half with the wind in '07 that day.

Matt Day did not need the wind that day in Gladewater, a 41 yarder that crossed the tips of the uprights going one way, and a 50 yarder the other way with room to spare.

One of the best kickers PG has had.

http://www.maxpreps.com/games/football-fall-16/pleasant-grove-vs-rusk/11-11-2016-bxnBHZe4qUOiixM2RtfFlg.htm

I'm a believer that the kicking game can loom large in a close playoff game like this one. I'm not one that thinks Celina is a prohibitive favorite in this game. They have had issues within their team all year long.......team chemistry could be problematic and raise its ugly head when the going gets tough. We'll see what happens tonight.

How much did he pay to advertise on this site? How much kickback does smoaky get from proceeds resulting in a successful advertising campaign?

You're right he wasn't trash talking, he was being presumptuous and any salesman knows that you never assume anything about a potential customer. I'm accusing him of being a bad salesman and screwing over our wonderful host.

Luckily for me there is no such rule against being an ###### so I shall carry on. Likewise, there's no rule concerning measure of intelligence so you should also be fine, Red.

I just dont see what the big deal is? You can have an opinion obviously but calling for him to be banned is futile and ignorance. He has done notging wrong but say come play at our stadium big deal.

• Like 1

I just dont see what the big deal is? You can have an opinion obviously but calling for him to be banned is futile and ignorance. He has done notging wrong but say come play at our stadium big deal.

I think what started it all was PGdad was butt hurt that micotrav presume that Gilmer and Celina would play the next round.

• Like 2

My apologies to anyone that may have been offended. I certainly do not want anyone's feelings to get hurt. Just enjoying the playoff run by so many great teams.

PG has a great team and so do Celina, Gilmer and Jasper. But apparently PG does not appreciate or care for me posting on this thread and talking about RCISD Stadium. I've been enjoying Smoaky for several years and even when Royse City was in the playoffs....that was a long time ago...LOL! As far as our stadium goes, we honestly just like hosting the games. Is there a problem with enjoying being a part of an annual tradition that we all enjoy? Even if I didn't live and brag a little about our stadium, does not mean that if PG or any other team was playing here, that I would not be buying a ticket to enjoy the playoffs.

I'm not a salesman...LOL! Far from it. I'm a Texas High School Football fan. Just because we don't have a team in the playoffs will not stop me from loving the game and this time of the year. Hey, we do have a great stadium, and it is conveniently located and we are proud of it. I believe that everyone that has come here has been treated with the utmost respect.

Just an old man, enjoying the game. Been attending them for over 60 years now and I will continue to do so until I split the uprights at that 'Pearly Gate'....

You know, this is all about the kids. These kids, and not just the football players, have played to get to this point since August. Some may have been waiting for this time, since they were old enough to play football. It is a great game. To me nothing else compares to Texas HIgh School Football and the playoffs are the cherry on top.

So fussing about this or complaining about something else does not matter. If some of these guys are the dads and moms of these players involved in these games, then they should be rooting for their kids. I certainly encourage them to have a great time with this. I have three boys, all three were first team All-District when they played. They all played on winning football teams and we all enjoyed the playoff season together. My wife and I were extremely blessed. I just never got my fill of the game and the enjoyment that it brings to me. So, I continue to be a fan, regardless if I don't have anyone playing.

I do have a couple of grandsons that it would be great if they played and both look to be pretty athletic, but I will hope they choose the right direction in anything they choose.

So I'm a champion for kids and that is it. Whether it be the football player, the cheerleader, the band, the drill team, the trainers or the flag runners, they are all a part of a great game. Their safety and their great memories are what I pray for. Everything that surrounds the game is like a big 'ol party to me and I'm a party animal when it comes to this time of the year.....LOL!

Clayton Reese missed a fifty yarder right before the half with the wind in '07 that day.

Matt Day did not need the wind that day in Gladewater, a 41 yarder that crossed the tips of the uprights going one way, and a 50 yarder the other way with room to spare.

One of the best kickers PG has had.

http://www.maxpreps.com/games/football-fall-16/pleasant-grove-vs-rusk/11-11-2016-bxnBHZe4qUOiixM2RtfFlg.htm

Yes, I agree. However, the stadium can have a very hard wind blowing through there and gust. You do not want to have to kick against that wind if it was anything like the last time we played there.

That link does not take you right to his video, you have to go to that part of the pageand scroll, but I was impressed with his leg strength. His kickoffs could be longer with that leg. Must be helped by being Goalkeeper and taking all his own goal kicks.

micotrav, you are OK in my book. PG has always been made to feel at home when playing in Royse City. The players signs in the locker room were just an example of the details put into making it special for the kids.

It is a nice and convenient facility for many to the East and West to meet neutral. No problem with you promoting it here for the past, well almost a decade.

I love watching my boys look longingly at the stadium every time we drive by. I know they are remembering Argyle. ( Sorry ReagleEagle!)

My apologies to anyone that may have been offended. I certainly do not want anyone's feelings to get hurt. Just enjoying the playoff run by so many great teams.

PG has a great team and so do Celina, Gilmer and Jasper. But apparently PG does not appreciate or care for me posting on this thread and talking about RCISD Stadium. I've been enjoying Smoaky for several years and even when Royse City was in the playoffs....that was a long time ago...LOL! As far as our stadium goes, we honestly just like hosting the games. Is there a problem with enjoying being a part of an annual tradition that we all enjoy? Even if I didn't live and brag a little about our stadium, does not mean that if PG or any other team was playing here, that I would not be buying a ticket to enjoy the playoffs.

I'm not a salesman...LOL! Far from it. I'm a Texas High School Football fan. Just because we don't have a team in the playoffs will not stop me from loving the game and this time of the year. Hey, we do have a great stadium, and it is conveniently located and we are proud of it. I believe that everyone that has come here has been treated with the utmost respect.

Just an old man, enjoying the game. Been attending them for over 60 years now and I will continue to do so until I split the uprights at that 'Pearly Gate'....

Micro, I know you are being nice but PG doesn't have a great team. They were 4-6. Unfortunately, with the Playoffs being watered down they are still in.

Eagle34 there are a lot of factors contributing to that 4-6. Record. PG's preseason schedule was no cupcake schedule. Also they play in probably the toughest 4A conference in Texas...not to mention they finished 2nd out of that conference. You might be glad PG did not take a detour through your neck of the woods. Anyways lets upset Celina!

• Like 1