Pleasant Grove vs Celina

A2J

Wow...robbed.

Good job Hawks! We know who played a better game.

I wasn't impressed with Celina at all. Jasper or Gilmer should take them out next week. We didn't play well enough to beat everyone on the field.

Congrats Celina, winning is good but dang to win like that must feel dirty.

You PG folks are crazy saying you got robbed. You got beat get over it. The defender towards the end of the tackled the celina reciever before the ball got to him. How about the PG dline jumping off sides making contact with the celina oline and no call?

I did not make the game but I do not like playing in the metroplx against a metroplex teams. It seems all the teams from East Texas have to go to the metroplex when they play a team from there. Those teams seem to play most of the playoff games in the metroplex area. I'm not saying bad calls were made or that they cost anyone the game since I was not there. However, when questionable calls happen, it usually makes the home team or perceived home team look suspect regardless if it's justified or not.

Celina had to travel 50 minutes and PF 2.5 hours. I would say Celina would be at least the perceived home team if not outright the home team. So, they will not fair well when it comes to perception but they advance and we go home!

Great season PG! .

Bad calls are part of the game. No one likes for a ref to make a call that determines the outcome of the game. I cannot say that one call cost pg the game but it sure didn't help. The game would have been played totally different if that call had been made so who knows what would have happened. I am not one that likes to say the refs made us lose

Unfortunately, good and bad calls went both ways today. IMO, one missed call impacted the game way more than others because it gave a TD that should not have been.

On the pick 6 by Celina, two defensive lineman were on our side of the line of scrimmage and had already made contact with our offensive line when the ball was snapped. That is not opinion, it is fact. Watch the game film. The QB thought he had a free play so he threw it deep.

Props to Celina for pursuing the ball and finishing the play. PG should have made a tackle. Celina didn't do anything wrong on the play....but that is a MAJOR missed call by the refs and THAT MISSED CALL IS THE DIFFERENCE IN THE SCORE. One missed call cost the W.

Refs make mistakes all of the time. It is one of the things that make the game so much fun and interesting......but it is also the hardest kind of loss to accept because you have no control of it.

Congrats to Celina.

The pick 6 was not a blown call because nothing was called!!! With that said the whistle should have blown the play dead before it started and it did not get blown at all for off sides or illegal motion. PG should have made the tackle after the INT and not let the DB take it 85 yards for a TD. There were several bad calls in the game on both sides. PG played solid but just did not come away with the W. Celina is not even close to what they have been in the past as I mntioned earlier, NOT EVEN CLOSE.

• Like 1

The pick 6 was not a blown call because nothing was called!!! With that said the whistle should have blown the play dead before it started and it did not get blown at all for off sides or illegal motion. PG should have made the tackle after the INT and not let the DB take it 85 yards for a TD. There were several bad calls in the game on both sides. PG played solid but just did not come away with the W. Celina is not even close to what they have been in the past as I mntioned earlier, NOT EVEN CLOSE.

I said missed call. As in, it should have been called but they missed it. Also said that PG should have made a tackle. I think we are agreeing...

I said missed call. As in, it should have been called but they missed it. Also said that PG should have made a tackle. I think we are agreeing...

Right. I just saw your post. We were at the same game..LOL. Congrats to PG on a good season.

• Like 1

Gotta play better than the other team and the bad calls as well.

There were mistakes made by both sides which if avoided would have made it different game, so PG can't blame it on the referees when they needed to play better. Mistake free ball, no turnovers, still lose on a bad call, then you can gripe., otherwise we didn't play the caliber of a game needed at that level.

Celina barely did, but they did get more points...