Pleasant Grove vs Celina

A2J

Here's my take. The biggest difference in the outcome was the Celina defense. Other than a few big plays PG didn't do much. Now for the bad calls or bad non calls. On Celinas 1st td their receiver on the right jumped early but was not called. Who knows what the outcome could have been. Also I thought Celina was offsides and PG threw a pick 6. PG got away with offsides late but it did not matter because on fourth down but I got called for interference. There were a little things like the calls or non calls that hurt PG ultimately it came down to the bobcats defense pretty much shutting Pleasant Grove down most of the day. before I would blame the loss on the officials I would look at all of the mistakes my team made today. Also thank Celina for dropping a couple of big passes today one of them in the end zone for a touchdown. I wanted Pleasant Grove to win and would love to find an excuse like the officials as to why they did not but that would not be fair to Celina. They just did not play well on offense all day to justify blaming the loss of someone else other than themselves

Sounded like a good game. PG has a decent team, have to be to play in the Regional Semis. But like many have said on here, cant blame too much on refs this late in the season, in my opinion. Teams playing in this round should have shaken most of those mistakes out several weeks ago. That's whats so good about the playoffs, normally referees have to be pretty picky to make a whole lot of bad calls. Watched Mineola down a really good Howe football team tonight. Very few flags were thrown. The ones thrown were the 15 yard variety. No offsides, one false start and one other 5 yarder, I believe. Sounds like Celina may be a little down this year, but they normally play well in the playoffs.

My apologies to anyone that may have been offended. I certainly do not want anyone's feelings to get hurt. Just enjoying the playoff run by so many great teams.

PG has a great team and so do Celina, Gilmer and Jasper. But apparently PG does not appreciate or care for me posting on this thread and talking about RCISD Stadium. I've been enjoying Smoaky for several years and even when Royse City was in the playoffs....that was a long time ago...LOL! As far as our stadium goes, we honestly just like hosting the games. Is there a problem with enjoying being a part of an annual tradition that we all enjoy? Even if I didn't live and brag a little about our stadium, does not mean that if PG or any other team was playing here, that I would not be buying a ticket to enjoy the playoffs.

I'm not a salesman...LOL! Far from it. I'm a Texas High School Football fan. Just because we don't have a team in the playoffs will not stop me from loving the game and this time of the year. Hey, we do have a great stadium, and it is conveniently located and we are proud of it. I believe that everyone that has come here has been treated with the utmost respect.

Just an old man, enjoying the game. Been attending them for over 60 years now and I will continue to do so until I split the uprights at that 'Pearly Gate'....

Micotrav, first let me say, y'all have a beautiful stadium and I enjoyed it when we played there in 2013. The hospitality for our coaches and boys was outstanding and the treatment we got in the box was 2nd to none. I would always be happy to watch a game there again.

That being said, people need to give PGDad a break. I know you are proud of your stadium, but I totally understand where PGDad is coming from. It is hard to go on a thread and see post that are aimed at the team you are playing as if your team doesn't have a chance, or to see your post right after your team has lost. I know it's not your intention to offend and that you were looking at match-ups that both teams would have equal travel time. It's obvious that if PG/Gilmer were playing or anyone else where both opponents matched up were in East Texas that Royce City would not be a great location. Maybe an ideal would be that instead of posting on different threads, that you start a thread each year right before the playoffs, each week adding different team match-ups to that thread. That way those that don't want to see your post don't have to and those who are interested can go to your thread and check out your stadium. Just a thought. Like I said, it's a great stadium!

All that being said congrats PG on your great season. I know it didn't end the way you wanted. I totally understand how you are feeling this morning, but there is no doubt that y'all made believers out of some serious competition in district 7-4A Div II. Y'all represented us well and I can't wait to see what the Hawks bring to the table next year. Be proud of what y'all have accomplished and come back next year even better. I can't wait for the smack to start again! Now let's go cheer on those Buckeyes to bring home the crown for our district!

Micotrav, first let me say, y'all have a beautiful stadium and I enjoyed it when we played there in 2013. The hospitality for our coaches and boys was outstanding and the treatment we got in the box was 2nd to none. I would always be happy to watch a game there again.

That being said, people need to give PGDad a break. I know you are proud of your stadium, but I totally understand where PGDad is coming from. It is hard to go on a thread and see post that are aimed at the team you are playing as if your team doesn't have a chance, or to see your post right after your team has lost. I know it's not your intention to offend and that you were looking at match-ups that both teams would have equal travel time. It's obvious that if PG/Gilmer were playing or anyone else where both opponents matched up were in East Texas that Royce City would not be a great location. Maybe an ideal would be that instead of posting on different threads, that you start a thread each year right before the playoffs, each week adding different team match-ups to that thread. That way those that don't want to see your post don't have to and those who are interested can go to your thread and check out your stadium. Just a thought. Like I said, it's a great stadium!

All that being said congrats PG on your great season. I know it didn't end the way you wanted. I totally understand how you are feeling this morning, but there is no doubt that y'all made believers out of some serious competition in district 7-4A Div II. Y'all represented us well and I can't wait to see what the Hawks bring to the table next year. Be proud of what y'all have accomplished and come back next year even better. I can't wait for the smack to start again! Now let's go cheer on those Buckeyes to bring home the crown for our district!

No problem. Thanks for the constructive advice. I will put that to use. I'm too old to be on these forums anyway. This should be for you young coaches, dads and fans. Thanks and maybe we will see y'all next season.

• Like 1

No problem. Thanks for the constructive advice. I will put that to use. I'm too old to be on these forums anyway. This should be for you young coaches, dads and fans. Thanks and maybe we will see y'all next season.

You are never too old to be on this forum. Believe me if that were true I wouldn't be on here either.

I would love for us to have the opportunity to play there next year. Here's hoping!

Yes, but there's were 80 short yards and ours were 55 long yards!

No cant blame refs cause except for a few big plays the Celina defense shutdown PG. But, there were some non calls that hurt especially PG. Their receiver on the right side jumped on their 1st td but wasn't called. Would have given the PG defense another opportunity to hold them to a field goal. Then on the pick six it appeared that Pleasant Grove had a free play because of offsides so he threw the ball up trying to make a play but it was not called

Still spam and annoying as ######. I've seen you peddle your stadium on other threads. No one appreciates it and you should be banned from posting this ####. If your school district has to advertise on smokey, you probably need a new media coordinator or get to know a few coaches.

dang dad...that was uncalled for...

I know...I overreacted a little. I'm an admin on another forum and it's just one of my pet peeves. We have specific threads for solicitors so as to cut down on thread jacking. Golfingnut gave some good advice, I appreciate her level headedness.

You are forgiven. I thought you were more frustrated about your team losing. I too wanted them to win and wish all the right calls were made but it's not a perfect world. PG has a very good team and are much better than what was shown yesterday. You have to give the Celina defense credit. IMO that was the biggest difference in the game

I know...I overreacted a little. I'm an admin on another forum and it's just one of my pet peeves. We have specific threads for solicitors so as to cut down on thread jacking. Golfingnut gave some good advice, I appreciate her level headedness.

Being an admin on farmer's only is a bit different than SDC.

• Like 2

Being an admin on farmer's only is a bit different than SDC.

Yeah...I have to send too many "put your teeth in" emails.

...and while I'm at it.

I watched some film today. It seems like I have been upset about a few wrong things.

We will get better and eliminate the mistakes. Proud of my boys and can't wait to cheer them on next year. Maybe Celina will play us opening week next year:)

Yeah...I have to send too many "put your teeth in" emails.

...and while I'm at it.

I watched some film today. It seems like I have been upset about a few wrong things.

We will get better and eliminate the mistakes. Proud of my boys and can't wait to cheer them on next year. Maybe Celina will play us opening week next year:)

Since you watched the film answer a couple of questions. Would love to had replay. First did their receiver really make that catch on the sideline?

Did Celina jump offsides on the pick6?

Film still too far to be 100% sure but I'd call it a catch. The other...weird angle and bottom line, no whistle, keep playing.

We just need to learn our lessons and get that much better next year. Hell, we had a great run and our coaches and players are something our community can be proud of.

• Like 1