Newton vs Elysian Fields , Friday 7:30 pm Jasper Texas

Back2swag

Newton vs. Elysian Fields  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Pick it

89 picked EF to lose up until the 3rd week of district and now wants to get upset when others do it.

I'm not saying EF is gonna win or lose, I just think they deserve some respect from going 4-6 to 12-0 and yep you dam right I picked against us earlier during the season (picked not brag) but against Jefferson, Arp and WR but they proved me wrongand I'm not on here saying about what EF is gonna do to Newton or any other team cause i know we got a battle on our hands but Newton and some in their district don't, they think Newton has already won the game before its played lol

I normally try to be civil but not this one, Newton will win all aspects of this one, EF can't beat Newton on an off night.

And that's my point with this guy lol

Point taken bUT that's not gonna help you Friday. There is a swarm of purple fixing to dominate. NOT saying EF does not deserve respect. Awesome 12 and 0 season! But reality is your just another stat on the purple path.

Oooooooh ok that's it. Gotcha

Newton. Brick wall for a defensive line. Speed all over the place, on both sides of the ball. Newton will be able to do, with ease, what no other EF opponent has Bern able to do. That is they will get to the QB and will cut off his rollout, scrambling ability. Don't see time to complete many long passes. Newton will be pumped for this game, that alone us trouble for anyone lining up against them. I see another "Greatest Hits" video being published on YouTube following this game.

Newton. Brick wall for a defensive line. Speed all over the place, on both sides of the ball. Newton will be able to do, with ease, what no other EF opponent has Bern able to do. That is they will get to the QB and will cut off his rollout, scrambling ability. Don't see time to complete many long passes. Newton will be pumped for this game, that alone us trouble for anyone lining up against them. I see another "Greatest Hits" video being published on YouTube following this game.

Waskom.... getting smoked in football...getting more smoked in basketball then repeat

I've noticed its not the Newton fans that's doing all this smack talk about what they gone to EF and what EF can't and won't do...

Neither Crockett or Newton have said much. Arp and EF are doing the same. All of our fans know what we face. 3 epic games are to come over the next two weeks. They have all sorts of outcomes. There are 4 really good teams left and 4 that are trying to make it to Arlington just before Christmas.

This time of year when the players are all out of school for Thanksgiving holiday has always concerned me.Getting these guys to practice every day and staying focused on what's ahead is the key.Newton has had lot of experience doing this each year because they are usually always in the playoffs this time of year.I look for Newton to be on fire Fri. night for this game as they were for the Waskom game. They were flat against Buffalo although looking at the score you wouldn't think that to be the case but they were not hitting on all cylinders.Could be a long night for EF

if Newton can't stop the pass attack this could be a shoot out because I don't think EF can completely stop Newton's O, so long story short Newtons D decides this game, and we have the talent to make it happen, how many points has EF allowed? Points forced?

if Newton can't stop the pass attack this could be a shoot out because I don't think EF can completely stop Newton's O, so long story short Newtons D decides this game, and we have the talent to make it happen, how many points has EF allowed? Points forced?

Look at the game match up on the UIL playoff brackets page for this game, it will give you all those stats.

EF will not completely stop Newton's offense and I don't think Newton will completely stop EF's offense that's why I don't understand all this nonsense smack talk when they should be saying two good undefeated teams going at it so let's see what happens

EF will not completely stop Newton's offense and I don't think Newton will completely stop EF's offense that's why I don't understand all this nonsense smack talk when they should be saying two good undefeated teams going at it so let's see what happens

Yea then we can all hold hands and sing Merry Chrstmas!

Why do we all have to share your opinion? My opinion is that Newton way too much for EF.

Yea then we can all hold hands and sing Merry Chrstmas!

Why do we all have to share your opinion? My opinion is that Newton way too much for EF.

Alright cool dawg well see come Friday but I know EF won't be too much for Newton cause I know Newton is gone ball out but good luck to your team and Merry Christmas to you too

I cannot speak on Newton and what they can or cannot do. I can tell you a few things about EF though. Out of the many different varsity teams 3A-5A that I saw on the field this year as an official, EF was the most physical, intense, hard hitting and disciplined group of them all. EF seems equally "comfortable" running or throwing the football. EF has great speed, but also a violence that they play the game with every down. They are by far the most effectively balanced team on both sides of the ball that I have seen. Keep in mind I am not saying that they could beat all the teams I saw (Gilmer, Gladewater, Marshall, Edgewood, Carlisle, Harmony, Overton, Arp, West Rusk, and Kaufman), but they are the best pound for pound that I saw. Take it for what it is worth, I truly do not have a dog in this fight, this game WILL be a tremendous battle of will, heart, nerves and desire. This game will be won by the team that can take one more punch and keep moving forward, refusing to give an inch!

• Like 3