Newton vs Elysian Fields , Friday 7:30 pm Jasper Texas

Back2swag

Newton vs. Elysian Fields  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Pick it

Yal just keep making excuses and trying to make a false narrative on how the game will go and EF will just keep #GrindFor5 putting in the work and use the doubt for motivation and just like every week this year prove people wrong ! I think it's great nobody but EF people are on the bandwagon we thrive in the underdog role I got 2 Rings myself from 98' and 99' hoping this group brings the Gold Rings home !!

I would love to sit by u Friday night on Elysian Fields side with a nice crisp 100$ bill in each of our hands

Let me get this right, you are using the argument that Newton only has two reams they played still playing as an argument? And EF only has two as well? SMH

no I was making a point that they both have 2 left playing and people that was saying EF schedule was weak don't know what they talking about cause I can argue the opposite that it was tougher or just as good ! I was being a smart at first like the previous poster had done then expressed my points and facts all u got to do is read

I would love to sit by u Friday night on Elysian Fields side with a nice crisp 100$ bill in each of our hands

I will be there !

Let me get this right, you are using the argument that Newton only has two reams they played still playing as an argument? And EF only has two as well? SMH

And still this all has nothing to do with this game NOTHING and it will not factor in the outcome of this game

Newton Elysian Fields

Offense. Offense

45 pts per game 45 pts per game

1737 passing 3482 passing

19.5 ypc 18.8 ypc

24 td's 3 int. 37 td's 10 int.

132 QB rating 137.9 QB rating

3279 rushing. 3025 rushing

7.8 ypc. 9 ypc

48 td's. 40 td's

Defense Defense

8 pts ave allowed 15 pts ave allowed

53 sacks. 18 sacks

11 interceptions. 10 interceptions

20 fumble rec. 11 fumble rec

84 tackle for loss 43 tackle for loss

What a matchup! Like Crawford said, it's a shame it is so soon. Both offenses have been high powered all year, both defenses have been lights out.

The edge I give Newton is the defensive front, they have been living in opponents backfield all year.

The edge I give Elysian Fields is the passing game, Hughes has picked everyone apart all year. (Parker is a beast)

If Newton's defense can get to Hughes, Newton can win.

If Hughes has time to pick us apart, Elysian Fields can win.

I do have a question for the Elysian Fields faithful, what would y'all say is the strength of the Yellow Jacket defense?

This is the key to the game right there. Is the EF offense going to have time to execute? My guess is they will be disrupted because of the pressure and speed of Newton's defense .... No, they won't be completely shut down, but I believe the Newton defense will be the deciding factor in the game ...

Ah ok, gotcha now, I thought you was arguing it was tougher schedule

no LSUTIGERS was saying EF schedule was weak and Newtons was superior and was just trying to prove that both played tough competition EF played 5 playoff teams and Newton played 6 and out of those schools each of us have 2 still playing so to me both played fairly tough schedules and I think the game is very equal all the way around I think Newton Def is prob better but I know EF offense is better so I expect it to go back and forth and possibly the team that gets the last turnover or has the ball last could win I don't see anyone blowing anybody out either way I predicted 41-27 EF that's just 2 scores but it could go the other way but won't be anyone winning by 3 or more score either way ! Both teams too good !

With all this talk about the Newton Defense against the Elysian Fields Offense and rightfully so, what about the Elysian Fields Defense against the Newton Offense?

I think Newton's running game will be the best Elysian Fields has seen this year.

Arp running game is strong I think people are underestimating how good EF def is most points scored on them the last 6 or 7 weeks has been agaisnt subs when game is out of hand !

no LSUTIGERS was saying EF schedule was weak and Newtons was superior and was just trying to prove that both played tough competition EF played 5 playoff teams and Newton played 6 and out of those schools each of us have 2 still playing so to me both played fairly tough schedules and I think the game is very equal all the way around I think Newton Def is prob better but I know EF offense is better so I expect it to go back and forth and possibly the team that gets the last turnover or has the ball last could win I don't see anyone blowing anybody out either way I predicted 41-27 EF that's just 2 scores but it could go the other way but won't be anyone winning by 3 or more score either way ! Both teams too good !

How do you get that I said EF's schedule was weak and Newton's was superior?

Same can be said about Newton's schedule but like I said saying a team had a weak schedule sometimes that takes away from how good a team is, both teams just took care of their opponents in beat down fashion lol

You can't say that about Newton's schedule!

EF in a upset. I think and know Newton can be beat. EF should be the one to do it. They have earned my respect and everyone's else in our district should think the same way. I enjoyed looking up in the stands the last couple of years and seeing that orange up there. I will be wearing my maroon and white this Friday setting on EF side cheering them on. Hoping EF can make the run to the SC! All of Waskom may not be cheering you guys on but I promise you I will be there in force to congratulate you on a victory over newton on Friday night. Safe travels to all and a injury free game. Come on EF make me proud. EF 42 -27

EF in a upset. I think and know Newton can be beat. EF should be the one to do it. They have earned my respect and everyone's else in our district should think the same way. I enjoyed looking up in the stands the last couple of years and seeing that orange up there. I will be wearing my maroon and white this Friday setting on EF side cheering them on. Hoping EF can make the run to the SC! All of Waskom may not be cheering you guys on but I promise you I will be there in force to congratulate you on a victory over newton on Friday night. Safe travels to all and a injury free game. Come on EF make me proud. EF 42 -27

no I was making a point that they both have 2 left playing and people that was saying EF schedule was weak don't know what they talking about cause I can argue the opposite that it was tougher or just as good ! I was being a smart ###### at first like the previous poster had done then expressed my points and facts all u got to do is read

I will be there !

silsbee lost 17 senior and kirbyville lost 19 both are on a rebuilding year with Silsbee coming in with new coaching staff and Systems don't get me wrong newton is a very good team and so is Elysian Fields

Kirbyville hasn't been the same in 5 years. This was a good year for them. Not a rebuilding year.

Hate to bust your bubble, but you're argument doesn't hold up. Alto is a 2a D1 team that beat Winona this year and they lost in the first round. People its all about match ups. Certain districts are stronger than others. Certain regions are stronger than others and so on. Some of the 4th place teams could win certain regions and have a shot to go to the championship. ITS ALL ABOUT MATCHUPS. And just my opinion EF has not Matched up with no-one near the likes of NEWTON. Could be wrong. Just a opinion.