Who will dethrone Brock?

wtxfootball

I'm from West Texas so haven't been able to see any region 3 or 4 teams this year. Saw Sunnyvale and was underwhelmed, and they lost this week. I thought Brock would handle them easily but now won't get to see those two play. Brock and Wall on paper should be a pretty good game, with Brock coming out on top slightly. Who is going to beat them and why? Malakoff, Teague, Yoe, Rockdale, or Halletsville? Curious to see what people from the other side of the state think. Personally I think Brock repeats, but would love to hear why they wont.

To beat Brock, you can't be one dimensional. You have to be able to throw the ball and run the ball. After the RB went down for Yoe last year right before half, Brock pounced on them. Before he went down, they were having success with the run game and throwing a little. I would have thought Mineola would give it a shot, but they have struggled at times this year. Pottsboro will be a tough team to beat. They are well coached and have some great talent. Region III has been a beast to get out of. Malakoff has had success running the ball and they have two solid receivers along with a strong QB. Yoe is Yoe, and has four very good receivers, and a RB and QB that can run. Region 4 I know little about them. In years past, they have not had much success against Yoe, but you never know that is why they play the game. I would love to see a newbie come in and win it all, but it will be difficult for Malakoff, Halletsville, or Yoakum to get by Yoe. After all, they are Yoe. the next three weeks look to be fun in 3ADI.

Did Brock have a key injury or something?! Wall's a top-flight program - but held Brock to 17 points?! Didn't see THAT comin'!

I saw the game. Wall has a great football team, but they had "Lady Luck" and some good ol' fashion solid defense that stepped up at exactly the right time. Brock is one of those teams you wait for and they should have won the SC. Wall converted two crucial fourth and short plays, the stopped Brock on a very crucial fourth and short down in the fourth quarter. After Wall stopped Brock, then Wall's QB broke loose on an unbelievable 30 something yard TD run. With still some time left Wall intercepted a pass to seal the game.

Brock's tailback, Tyler Gray, is possibly one of the best backs I've seen this year. Check out some video on this young man, I believe you will agree that he is very special and gifted.

Wall is very, very good, and nothing should be taken from them for this victory, but my opinion is that if they played each other three times in a row, that Brock would win two or possibly all three if Wall is not playing very well.

I will take Mineola over Wall by 10.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Eagleborn I know you are a big wig in the smoaky chat board, and you root for Tatum but that does not give you the right to constantly berate me on my opinion. I gladly will meet with you to debate sports face to face. I probably am more qualified in sports knowledge, people skills than you but will give you a shot. But rooting for a team such as the Tatum Lady Eagles that have turned into Long view News results/scores of a game where they scored 54 points but gave stat such as 29 total assist's as a team........well that pretty much says it all ! Let me know when can get together and fellowship. Please respect me and accept my suggestion .

Eagleborn I know you are a big wig in the smoaky chat board, and you root for Tatum but that does not give you the right to constantly berate me on my opinion. I gladly will meet with you to debate sports face to face. I probably am more qualified in sports knowledge, people skills than you but will give you a shot. But rooting for a team such as the Tatum Lady Eagles that have turned into Long view News results/scores of a game where they scored 54 points but gave stat such as 29 total assist's as a team........well that pretty much says it all ! Let me know when can get together and fellowship. Please respect me and accept my suggestion .

Make that a table for 3.