Gilmer Buckeyes vs Celina Bobcats

BadWolf

Gilmer vs Celina  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Pick this battle of behemoths

Seen both teams in person and on film and here is my take.

If Celina plays sloppy like they did against PG Gilmer wins easy. Gilmer is not real physical and if Celina cleans up the oline play Gilmers defense could be going in reverse. Celina's linemen are gigantic and had trouble blocking PG dlinemen for one reason or another. Is is possible Celina's line is to big and slow? Offensively Celina has to play a lot better. Gilmers dline is quick and can shoot the gaps which will cause Celina issues if they dont zone block good. For Celina its all on the oline in this game.

Defensively, i think Celina will be fine against Gilmer. Gilmers oline has good size but they are soft. Gilmer runningback Collier who is a big dude is able to get yards even when hit behind the line of scrimmage and they lean on him to get the tough yards. The wide receivers are good but not the burners or atheletes that Gilmer has had in the past and i think Celina will match up well against them. Qb play for Gilmer is decent but Brown doesnt run much and looks to pass the ball quick espacially with slant routes.

Defense - Celina

Offense -Gilmer

Special teams - Tie

My prediction

If Celina's oline balls out and gets off the ball and stays with their blocks Celina's big boys will wear Gilmer out. If Celina's oline plays poor and plays like they did against PG Gilmer will make Celina look silly. Honestly im not sold on either team as both teams are uncharacteristically undisciplined. So whoever wins the turnover battle wins the game.

• Like 1

Seen both teams in person and on film and here is my take.

If Celina plays sloppy like they did against PG Gilmer wins easy. Gilmer is not real physical and if Celina cleans up the oline play Gilmers defense could be going in reverse. Celina's linemen are gigantic and had trouble blocking PG dlinemen for one reason or another. Is is possible Celina's line is to big and slow? Offensively Celina has to play a lot better. Gilmers dline is quick and can shoot the gaps which will cause Celina issues if they dont zone block good. For Celina its all on the oline in this game.

Defensively, i think Celina will be fine against Gilmer. Gilmers oline has good size but they are soft. Gilmer runningback Collier who is a big dude is able to get yards even when hit behind the line of scrimmage and they lean on him to get the tough yards. The wide receivers are good but not the burners or atheletes that Gilmer has had in the past and i think Celina will match up well against them. Qb play for Gilmer is decent but Brown doesnt run much and looks to pass the ball quick espacially with slant routes.

Defense - Celina

Offense -Gilmer

Special teams - Tie

My prediction

If Celina's oline balls out and gets off the ball and stays with their blocks Celina's big boys will wear Gilmer out. If Celina's oline plays poor and plays like they did against PG Gilmer will make Celina look silly. Honestly im not sold on either team as both teams are uncharacteristically undisciplined. So whoever wins the turnover battle wins the game.

Celina always has a big OL. Gilmer has more experience than any team in ETEX playing Celina, so not really any surprises from either team. Gilmer rotates players on the DL quick, so it's hard to wear them down, but Celina plays smart football. To counter their size advantage, Gilmer uses their quickness to their advantage. Offensively, if Gilmer can hold onto the ball, the bobcats will have difficulty stopping the Buckeyes. Gilmer has a speed advantage, and an upgrade at QB over last year. This will be another great game, but I think Celinas time is about up. I say Gilmer by 2 scores

So anyone who knows,,,, what's Celina's strong suit on offense? Are they primarily a running team? Do they pass much unless it's 3rd and long? What type defense have they been using? I know how they played last year, just wondered if they're the same basic team they were last season. From what I see of their game scores this year, they seem to be a little bit down from last season,,, but a little down is still a strong team. I don't think their strength of schedule has been near as strong as Gilmer's, but that's speculation, and hard to prove. If the Gilmer team shows up that's played the last couple of games,,, I'll say this, "if" Celina wins,, it won't be an easy win. We owe them orange and white turkeyes,,,, and nothing would please me more than a strong effort against a great team like the Bobcats.

So anyone who knows,,,, what's Celina's strong suit on offense? Are they primarily a running team? Do they pass much unless it's 3rd and long? What type defense have they been using? I know how they played last year, just wondered if they're the same basic team they were last season. From what I see of their game scores this year, they seem to be a little bit down from last season,,, but a little down is still a strong team. I don't think their strength of schedule has been near as strong as Gilmer's, but that's speculation, and hard to prove. If the Gilmer team shows up that's played the last couple of games,,, I'll say this, "if" Celina wins,, it won't be an easy win. We owe them orange and white turkeyes,,,, and nothing would please me more than a strong effort against a great team like the Bobcats.

I saw them play yesterday and they primarily ran the ball. Did a much better job of it in the 4th qtr. they will throw some. The QB was fairly accurate. They dropped a couple of big passes. Actually someone from Celina said they were a little better this year. I was not overly impressed with either team yesterday and the fan base for PG was sad. They didn't even fill up the chair back seats on the home side. Also their band didn't perform.

Looks like they run a little more this year than last. They try to work the clock using that big OL. If they still use that 10-1 defense, Gilmer will pick them apart in the secondary.

Looks like they run a little more this year than last. They try to work the clock using that big OL. If they still use that 10-1 defense, Gilmer will pick them apart in the secondary.

Thanks to you and ClawNAntler. That's kinda what I expect from Celina. Been their M.O> for several years now. To beat them you out quick them, and just bow up and but heads. No sense in leaving anything on the table next week, not if we expect to win.

Celina won...and beat Gilmer last year. What are you talking about?

Nah, Celina got lucky. GW beat them and PG beat them. The only place it shows a W is in the record books. Celina won't advance again. They don't really have any talent. Thier line is big but slow and easily tricked. The QB...he hits the ground good...I'm not sure about 8. He was limping around after the game with an ice pack on his foot...QB probably did that. Not impressed with how they played yesterday. Not gonna win like that forever.