Gilmer Buckeyes vs Celina Bobcats

BadWolf

Gilmer vs Celina  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Pick this battle of behemoths

Ok, this is just plain weird. I've never seen so many people who aren't from the Gilmer area, feeling so confident of a Buckeye victory this week. That makes me feel a little unfaithful because I can't muster up that much assurance yet. Maybe it's just because I want to see my Buckeyes win so bad, in comparison to all the out of towners reason's to predict a Gilmer win. You know,,, like representing E. Texas, or being a closet Buckeye fan because they secretly admire our success? I understand that, because there are teams through the years that have perennially been strong winners, that I have admired their talent, and determination to be successful every year. I say most of that in jest,,, but it's in part a real feeling. I can't deny that I enjoy hearing confidence and faith coming from fans outside our sweet little town. Trying not to sound homerish and bragadocious (sp), I'm such a huge fan of our school, students, teachers, coaches, and players, and I will be a supporting fan even when or if our success drops off. And those things are another reason I want to see us win so bad this week, and every week.

This week is special though. It's special, because I remember last years semi final game, in which these same Celina Bobcats, put the brakes on my beloved Buckeyes, and sent us packing out of the playoffs. I'm still mad. :angry: Celina is another team that I have admired through the years. They are a perennial power, and I have admired their success. Same way as I have admired Argyle,,, although I can't stand Argyle. :rofl: Anyway,,, there are some teams,, that all it takes is for me to hear their name, to get me riled up. Celina is one of them. (along with Gladewater, (just a biggest rivalry thang) Argyle, Liberty Hill, Navasota, and a few others) When I think of our game this week,,, I just want to suit up, go out there and lay someone out,,, to get rid of the sickness of how it felt to have our Christmas cheer tarnished a little last year at their expense. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,,,,, ( I know,, pipe dreams of an old man) I am more than positive though, that when I walk into that stadium in Mesquite Friday, and see their orange and white uni's,, my lips will turn into a snarl, my brow will wrinkle,, and if you are standing beside me,, you will likely hear a guttural growl down in my chest. I will be fired up in support of our Buckeyes, and will feel this way because I don't want our kids to feel the way they did last year at this time, and go through that deja' vu moment. And yes it's true, I don't want to experience it again either.

This season has been one of weirdness for sure. When we beat Liberty Eylau in the first game I thought this might be a very special season. Then, as we motored through a tough pre-district schedule and wound up 4 - 1, with only loss to a good Carthage team, I was still expecting pretty big things. Then during district play,, we kinda bogged down, had game after game that I thought we'd win more handily, but dealt with turnovers and penalties galore, along with bad tackling at times,,, on and off passing attack,, and I got a little more worried. Yet we were 9 - 1 at the end of the year. I didn't know what to expect during the playoffs, cause it's just hard to compare your strength of schedule with someone from other districts or regions. Especially when we dealt with a little Jekyl and Hyde play at times. Is our next opponent ranked in top 20 due to their weaker schedule,,, or because they are just that good? It's just so hard to know,, at least until you get to about the 4th round,,,where we are now. We've struggled at times in the first three games,, making some of the same mistakes. But this past week, and actually the game against Melissa as well, we actually saw things click much better. But now we face a team that I believe will be better than any of the playoff teams we've played so far. And you might know, it's those same ole' Celina,,, (snarl,,,) Bobcats,,,(growlllll),,, But,,,You know what? One thing I'm sure of is that this Buckeye team will not be intimidated by Celina's big O-line, or their tradition, or what happened "last season". These kids never quit, and will not go down without a huge fight. Celina will know they were in a brawl. C'mon Buckeyes,,, we have some revenge to exact. We do not want to go home, because we know who we are, we don't need to worry about who or what Celina,,(grrrr) is. I'm suddenly feeling more optimistic,,,,, let's just go win this thing,,, I need to get this snarl off my lips,,,, and this frown off my face,,, and get the hair on the back of my neck to lay down. :angry: :mad: It's not a handsome look,,, trust me. :rofl:

Go Buckeyes! ! ! !

"​The reason you see a lot of "out of towners" at Gilmer games is because Gilmer has NEW residents in the town who are primarily made up of people who used to live in Longview proper but got tired of the thugs and gangs moving there from Dallas and Houston, where they were pushed out by well-organized citizen crime patrols and heat from the cops. Longview should follow the example of many other cities who have passed anti-gang ordinances and crack down on these stupid pests

Go Buckeyes! ! ! !

"​The reason you see a lot of "out of towners" at Gilmer games is because Gilmer has NEW residents in the town who are primarily made up of people who used to live in Longview proper but got tired of the thugs and gangs moving there from Dallas and Houston, where they were pushed out by well-organized citizen crime patrols and heat from the cops. Longview should follow the example of many other cities who have passed anti-gang ordinances and crack down on these stupid pests

How does this statement have anything to do with AnOldBuckeye's post? If this is your 6th post on this site, I'd sure hate to see what your other 5 posts say. smh

Go Buckeyes! ! ! !

How does this statement have anything to do with AnOldBuckeye's post? If this is your 6th post on this site, I'd sure hate to see what your other 5 posts say. smh[/quote

Wow!!! Golfingnut imagine that, something you and I both agree on....

• Like 1

How does this statement have anything to do with AnOldBuckeye's post? If this is your 6th post on this site, I'd sure hate to see what your other 5 posts say. smh[/quote

Wow!!! Golfingnut imagine that, something you and I both agree on....

Now that's scary! Lol

Go Buckeyes! ! ! !

How does this statement have anything to do with AnOldBuckeye's post? If this is your 6th post on this site, I'd sure hate to see what your other 5 posts say. s

Uhmm ​Excuse me Golfingnut, but I didn't mean to offend your liberal sentiments. If you would have bothered to read AnOldBuckeye's post fully, you would have seen that he was discussing all the new faces at Gilmer football games and this forum is about football and things that revolve around or relate to football. Next time, read carefully instead of speed reading.

Go Buckeyes! ! ! !

How does this statement have anything to do with AnOldBuckeye's post? If this is your 6th post on this site, I'd sure hate to see what your other 5 posts say. s

Uhmm ​Excuse me Golfingnut, but I didn't mean to offend your liberal sentiments. If you would have bothered to read AnOldBuckeye's post fully, you would have seen that he was discussing all the new faces at Gilmer football games and this forum is about football and things that revolve around or relate to football. Next time, read carefully instead of speed reading.

Romansoldier1, me thinks "you" were the one who misinterpreted my post. What I mean't by "out of towners", was all the people who are "not from Gilmer", who have been posting on in this thread about their predictions for our game tonight against Celina, predicting a Gilmer win. I wasn't talking about people who had moved to Gilmer. See, being new to Smoaky, you may not know or realize that Gilmer usually doesn't get a ton of support from people who aren't "from" Gilmer. There are several,, because they respect the program up here, but a lot of folks have their reasons, what ever they might be who just don't like Gilmer. Anyway, since the poll showed 71 votes for Gilmer, and only 11 for Celina, it was way more out of kilter to me, than usual. LOL Maybe a lot of folks who are predicting a Buckeye win, just don't like Celina,,, who knows. But either way, I wasn't talking about "seeing" people at games,, just those predicting a Gilmer victory here on Smoaky.

Now,, if you're a good guy, you probably owe Ms. Golfingnut a little "I'm sorry" for the "liberal" comment, and her reading and comprehension. She's a smart lady, knows her football, and she's always respectful of other folks. And welcome to Smoaky by the way.

• Like 1

From a Mustang fan who would love to see a 2014 rematch. Go Gilmer. Just threw up on my mouth!

LOL,,, I'd love a rematch too, although your Mustangs might be too much for our Buckeyes this year, we'd love to give you the chance to prove it. That would mean we'd make the big dance, nothing wrong with that.

Ima all about dem boys from Gilmer, but them boys from Celina, do have a team that can beat the Bucks, they are not gonna go quietly, Gilmer has shown they can put a couple games together, with very few penalties an turnovers, if that is Gilmer peaking at the right time, Celina is in for a game, but if the old stumbling bumbling fumlin, non tacklin Gilmer shows up, its gonna be along bus ride home! I say Gilmer is peaking, gimme the bucks by 14 maybe more!

Go Buckeyes! ! ! !

I did read it ALL, always do read his posts. How many of his posts have you read in the short, short, short time you have been on this site?

If you believe your statement has anything to do with football then you haven't seen much football in your life.

By the way, I've never voted liberal in my life, but your attemp to take a Gilmer football post and bash Longview for how many people go to see Gilmer play is exactly a liberal stand.

Romansoldier1, me thinks "you" were the one who misinterpreted my post. What I mean't by "out of towners", was all the people who are "not from Gilmer", who have been posting on in this thread about their predictions for our game tonight against Celina, predicting a Gilmer win. I wasn't talking about people who had moved to Gilmer. See, being new to Smoaky, you may not know or realize that Gilmer usually doesn't get a ton of support from people who aren't "from" Gilmer. There are several,, because they respect the program up here, but a lot of folks have their reasons, what ever they might be who just don't like Gilmer. Anyway, since the poll showed 71 votes for Gilmer, and only 11 for Celina, it was way more out of kilter to me, than usual. LOL Maybe a lot of folks who are predicting a Buckeye win, just don't like Celina,,, who knows. But either way, I wasn't talking about "seeing" people at games,, just those predicting a Gilmer victory here on Smoaky.

Now,, if you're a good guy, you probably owe Ms. Golfingnut a little "I'm sorry" for the "liberal" comment, and her reading and comprehension. She's a smart lady, knows her football, and she's always respectful of other folks. And welcome to Smoaky by the way.

Thanks AnOldBuckeye. Nice comments, I'm honored.

Just to let you know, I picked Gilmer because I truly, after seeing both teams believe they will win. And despite my dislike of all things Buckeye (rivalry thing), I will always cheer for my district brothers in the playoffs, and if I can, I will attend games to support all East Texas teams.

Good luck to Gilmer tonight. Will be watching Smoaky closely to cheer & hopefully celebrate a victory.

Thanks AnOldBuckeye. Nice comments, I'm honored.

Just to let you know, I picked Gilmer because I truly, after seeing both teams believe they will win. And despite my dislike of all things Buckeye (rivalry thing), I will always cheer for my district brothers in the playoffs, and if I can, I will attend games to support all East Texas teams.

Good luck to Gilmer tonight. Will be watching Smoaky closely to cheer & hopefully celebrate a victory.

LOL, Thanks girl,,, And trust me, I know how hard it is to be on Gladewaters band wagon as well, (rivalry thing) <_< In my opinion, there just aren't enough serious decades long rivalries these days. I have never had any reason to have any "ill will" against Gladewater, other than all the beatdowns we got from ya'll under Jack Murphy. LOL I just don't want to get beat by ya'll if we can help it. Somehow it's always easier to accept a defeat from anyone other than Gladewater. :rofl: But it's all in fun, and never meant to be tacky or distasteful. Us and you guys, and Dangerfield have always had some super rivalries going on. And when we're not playing you guys, I'll be glad to see ya'll win. Like it or not, we have always had a lot of things in common. I hated you guys getting knocked out this year,, I actually love playing ya'll and hoped we'd get a rematch. And if you can stand it,,, throw up a 'Go Buckeyes' for us tonight. LOL

• Like 1

Now,, if you're a good guy, you probably owe Ms. Golfingnut a little "I'm sorry" for the "liberal" comment, and her reading and comprehension. She's a smart lady, knows her football, and she's always respectful of other folks. And welcome to Smoaky by the way

1st issue​; no I will not apologize because I haven't done anything wrong, In America, we have a right to disagree and when we do that is not being mean. Perhaps you don't know the difference. Also, it's pretty obvious you have a beef against Linden people just because Surratt bested your Buckeyes and he's a Lindenite. By the way, I happen to like Gilmer and wish them the best in their playoff run.

2nd issue: I saw your words earlier and you don't seem to understand or know your own town; Gilmer has changed rapidly. As I said before, many people who are following Gilmer are not really total strangers to your town or your team. They have relatives who live in Gilmer or they themselves have recently moved to Gilmer. And you also speculated that there are not a ton of non-Gilmer people who support the Buckeyes or come see them play in the playoffs. You are wrong on that too. There are many football fans who attend the Buckeyes playoff games even though they might not be from Gilmer. Maybe tonight you can ask around and talk to people sitting in the stands and ask where they are from. Us Linden people used to go see Daingerfield play after we were eliminated; we actually looked forward to that. I've even been to Marshall Mavericks games with my uncle and aunt.

3rd issue: I never said I didn't like Longview. I meant that I don't like certain people from Longview, namely thugs and criminals. Their days of running loose in the streets are numbered though, because Trump will end their party and deport or jail them.

​4th issue: And why do you " get mad" when your team loses? That's not good sportsmanship and football is , after all , a game. Instead of losing your temper, you should wanna wish the winners well and thank them for a good game.

​Lastly, you complained when you wrote almost 8 pages of chatter which almost everyone here ignored. I viewed your posts myself and found them to be bereft with rambling, uninformed, groping commentary and hoohaa, although I did kind of get a kick out of perusing over them.