Gilmer Buckeyes vs Celina Bobcats

BadWolf

Gilmer vs Celina  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Pick this battle of behemoths

Seen both teams in person and on film and here is my take.

If Celina plays sloppy like they did against PG Gilmer wins easy. Gilmer is not real physical and if Celina cleans up the oline play Gilmers defense could be going in reverse. Celina's linemen are gigantic and had trouble blocking PG dlinemen for one reason or another. Is is possible Celina's line is to big and slow? Offensively Celina has to play a lot better. Gilmers dline is quick and can shoot the gaps which will cause Celina issues if they dont zone block good. For Celina its all on the oline in this game.

Defensively, i think Celina will be fine against Gilmer. Gilmers oline has good size but they are soft. Gilmer runningback Collier who is a big dude is able to get yards even when hit behind the line of scrimmage and they lean on him to get the tough yards. The wide receivers are good but not the burners or atheletes that Gilmer has had in the past and i think Celina will match up well against them. Qb play for Gilmer is decent but Brown doesnt run much and looks to pass the ball quick espacially with slant routes.

Defense - Celina

Offense -Gilmer

Special teams - Tie

My prediction

If Celina's oline balls out and gets off the ball and stays with their blocks Celina's big boys will wear Gilmer out. If Celina's oline plays poor and plays like they did against PG Gilmer will make Celina look silly. Honestly im not sold on either team as both teams are uncharacteristically undisciplined. So whoever wins the turnover battle wins the game.

RedRed, you sure like discrediting PG. You either slam them directly or backhandedly like you did in this post. What did PG ever do to you. Celina had 6 turnovers against Gladewater but I do not remember you bashing or backhand slapping them! Perhaps Celina's O-line just didn't match up well with PG's D-line. Maybe PG's d-line was just plain better. Maybe Celina played in a weak district? Maybe Gilmer beats them by 21 or more!

RedRed, you sure like discrediting PG. You either slam them directly or backhandedly like you did in this post. What did PG ever do to you. Celina had 6 turnovers against Gladewater but I do not remember you bashing or backhand slapping them! Perhaps Celina's O-line just didn't match up well with PG's D-line. Maybe PG's d-line was just plain better. Maybe Celina played in a weak district? Maybe Gilmer beats them by 21 or more!

How did i discredit PG? Celina played bad thats not a knock on PG at all. 12 penalties for 80 yards is playing bad. Not sure how i discredited PG?

Ok, this is just plain weird. I've never seen so many people who aren't from the Gilmer area, feeling so confident of a Buckeye victory this week. That makes me feel a little unfaithful because I can't muster up that much assurance yet. Maybe it's just because I want to see my Buckeyes win so bad, in comparison to all the out of towners reason's to predict a Gilmer win. You know,,, like representing E. Texas, or being a closet Buckeye fan because they secretly admire our success? I understand that, because there are teams through the years that have perennially been strong winners, that I have admired their talent, and determination to be successful every year. I say most of that in jest,,, but it's in part a real feeling. I can't deny that I enjoy hearing confidence and faith coming from fans outside our sweet little town. Trying not to sound homerish and bragadocious (sp), I'm such a huge fan of our school, students, teachers, coaches, and players, and I will be a supporting fan even when or if our success drops off. And those things are another reason I want to see us win so bad this week, and every week.

This week is special though. It's special, because I remember last years semi final game, in which these same Celina Bobcats, put the brakes on my beloved Buckeyes, and sent us packing out of the playoffs. I'm still mad. :angry: Celina is another team that I have admired through the years. They are a perennial power, and I have admired their success. Same way as I have admired Argyle,,, although I can't stand Argyle. :rofl: Anyway,,, there are some teams,, that all it takes is for me to hear their name, to get me riled up. Celina is one of them. (along with Gladewater, (just a biggest rivalry thang) Argyle, Liberty Hill, Navasota, and a few others) When I think of our game this week,,, I just want to suit up, go out there and lay someone out,,, to get rid of the sickness of how it felt to have our Christmas cheer tarnished a little last year at their expense. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,,,,, ( I know,, pipe dreams of an old man) I am more than positive though, that when I walk into that stadium in Mesquite Friday, and see their orange and white uni's,, my lips will turn into a snarl, my brow will wrinkle,, and if you are standing beside me,, you will likely hear a guttural growl down in my chest. I will be fired up in support of our Buckeyes, and will feel this way because I don't want our kids to feel the way they did last year at this time, and go through that deja' vu moment. And yes it's true, I don't want to experience it again either.

This season has been one of weirdness for sure. When we beat Liberty Eylau in the first game I thought this might be a very special season. Then, as we motored through a tough pre-district schedule and wound up 4 - 1, with only loss to a good Carthage team, I was still expecting pretty big things. Then during district play,, we kinda bogged down, had game after game that I thought we'd win more handily, but dealt with turnovers and penalties galore, along with bad tackling at times,,, on and off passing attack,, and I got a little more worried. Yet we were 9 - 1 at the end of the year. I didn't know what to expect during the playoffs, cause it's just hard to compare your strength of schedule with someone from other districts or regions. Especially when we dealt with a little Jekyl and Hyde play at times. Is our next opponent ranked in top 20 due to their weaker schedule,,, or because they are just that good? It's just so hard to know,, at least until you get to about the 4th round,,,where we are now. We've struggled at times in the first three games,, making some of the same mistakes. But this past week, and actually the game against Melissa as well, we actually saw things click much better. But now we face a team that I believe will be better than any of the playoff teams we've played so far. And you might know, it's those same ole' Celina,,, (snarl,,,) Bobcats,,,(growlllll),,, But,,,You know what? One thing I'm sure of is that this Buckeye team will not be intimidated by Celina's big O-line, or their tradition, or what happened "last season". These kids never quit, and will not go down without a huge fight. Celina will know they were in a brawl. C'mon Buckeyes,,, we have some revenge to exact. We do not want to go home, because we know who we are, we don't need to worry about who or what Celina,,(grrrr) is. I'm suddenly feeling more optimistic,,,,, let's just go win this thing,,, I need to get this snarl off my lips,,,, and this frown off my face,,, and get the hair on the back of my neck to lay down. :angry: :mad: It's not a handsome look,,, trust me. :rofl:

Go Buckeyes! ! ! !

• Like 1

Ok, this is just plain weird. I've never seen so many people who aren't from the Gilmer area, feeling so confident of a Buckeye victory this week. That makes me feel a little unfaithful because I can't muster up that much assurance yet. Maybe it's just because I want to see my Buckeyes win so bad, in comparison to all the out of towners reason's to predict a Gilmer win. You know,,, like representing E. Texas, or being a closet Buckeye fan because they secretly admire our success? I understand that, because there are teams through the years that have perennially been strong winners, that I have admired their talent, and determination to be successful every year. I say most of that in jest,,, but it's in part a real feeling. I can't deny that I enjoy hearing confidence and faith coming from fans outside our sweet little town. Trying not to sound homerish and bragadocious (sp), I'm such a huge fan of our school, students, teachers, coaches, and players, and I will be a supporting fan even when or if our success drops off. And those things are another reason I want to see us win so bad this week, and every week.

This week is special though. It's special, because I remember last years semi final game, in which these same Celina Bobcats, put the brakes on my beloved Buckeyes, and sent us packing out of the playoffs. I'm still mad. :angry: Celina is another team that I have admired through the years. They are a perennial power, and I have admired their success. Same way as I have admired Argyle,,, although I can't stand Argyle. :rofl: Anyway,,, there are some teams,, that all it takes is for me to hear their name, to get me riled up. Celina is one of them. (along with Gladewater, (just a biggest rivalry thang) Argyle, Liberty Hill, Navasota, and a few others) When I think of our game this week,,, I just want to suit up, go out there and lay someone out,,, to get rid of the sickness of how it felt to have our Christmas cheer tarnished a little last year at their expense. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,,,,, ( I know,, pipe dreams of an old man) I am more than positive though, that when I walk into that stadium in Mesquite Friday, and see their orange and white uni's,, my lips will turn into a snarl, my brow will wrinkle,, and if you are standing beside me,, you will likely hear a guttural growl down in my chest. I will be fired up in support of our Buckeyes, and will feel this way because I don't want our kids to feel the way they did last year at this time, and go through that deja' vu moment. And yes it's true, I don't want to experience it again either.

This season has been one of weirdness for sure. When we beat Liberty Eylau in the first game I thought this might be a very special season. Then, as we motored through a tough pre-district schedule and wound up 4 - 1, with only loss to a good Carthage team, I was still expecting pretty big things. Then during district play,, we kinda bogged down, had game after game that I thought we'd win more handily, but dealt with turnovers and penalties galore, along with bad tackling at times,,, on and off passing attack,, and I got a little more worried. Yet we were 9 - 1 at the end of the year. I didn't know what to expect during the playoffs, cause it's just hard to compare your strength of schedule with someone from other districts or regions. Especially when we dealt with a little Jekyl and Hyde play at times. Is our next opponent ranked in top 20 due to their weaker schedule,,, or because they are just that good? It's just so hard to know,, at least until you get to about the 4th round,,,where we are now. We've struggled at times in the first three games,, making some of the same mistakes. But this past week, and actually the game against Melissa as well, we actually saw things click much better. But now we face a team that I believe will be better than any of the playoff teams we've played so far. And you might know, it's those same ole' Celina,,, (snarl,,,) Bobcats,,,(growlllll),,, But,,,You know what? One thing I'm sure of is that this Buckeye team will not be intimidated by Celina's big O-line, or their tradition, or what happened "last season". These kids never quit, and will not go down without a huge fight. Celina will know they were in a brawl. C'mon Buckeyes,,, we have some revenge to exact. We do not want to go home, because we know who we are, we don't need to worry about who or what Celina,,(grrrr) is. I'm suddenly feeling more optimistic,,,,, let's just go win this thing,,, I need to get this snarl off my lips,,,, and this frown off my face,,, and get the hair on the back of my neck to lay down. :angry: :mad: It's not a handsome look,,, trust me. :rofl:

Go Buckeyes! ! ! !

So do we need to go run into a brick wall now?

I hate to tell ya ole buck eye that this years Christmas is not going to get any better. Whether or not your buckeyes make it to the dance or not I can tell you its not going to be good for either team if they make it. The boys from SETX will again ride the yellow dogs to claim whats theirs!

I hate to tell ya ole buck eye that this years Christmas is not going to get any better. Whether or not your buckeyes make it to the dance or not I can tell you its not going to be good for either team if they make it. The boys from SETX will again ride the yellow dogs to claim whats theirs!

Perhaps, but it won't be as easy as you think.

Hopefully not. Last year SC game was kind of depressing! No really clear threat from Celina on either side of the ball. All I can say is whoever meets up with WOS better bring plenty of tape and aspirin. Those hard knocks comes quick and often so be prepared!

I thought WOS fans had their own thread so they wouldn't have to troll on others. Say what you want about last year's SC game, but it might have been a different type of game if y'all hadn't knock out the Celina QB early. Thing is to be able to hit anyone, you have to be able to catch them. Celina doesn't have near the speed that Gilmer does.

That was so informational it had to be posted twice, i suppose.

Celina is one of those teams everybody loves to hate, especially in East Texas. So I can see why they aren't getting any love on this thread. The actions of their qb from earlier this year certainly did nothing to improve their reputation. So it doesn't surprise me a bit that everybody is voting for Gilmer here, even Gladewater and Henderson fans (Oh NO!)

Haven't seen anything that tells me Celina can win. This year no different. Boys of fall usually fold when they play East Texas teams.

Im not trying necessarily to take up for Celina, but you do realize Celina has beat more East Texas teams then they have been beaten by them?

As a matter of fact they have already beat 3 East Texas teams in the playoffs this year.