Gilmer Buckeyes vs Celina Bobcats

BadWolf

Gilmer vs Celina  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Pick this battle of behemoths

Glad i wen to this game, if Gilmer could ever learn to tackle low, they would be real dangerous, but its the same ole grab happy stuff, i bet there was 20 missed tackles fo gilmer, gilmer is 13-1, thanks to poppy brown, and morton, gilmer coaching needs works, watched head coach las night standing by a ref, and let the play clock run out, and get a penalty, what was he thinking, Gilmer got a great running game, i suggest they use it when they in the wrong red zone, oc nearly cost them agin, like las year, poppy damn near threw a pick 6 when the game was still close, i sat on the gilmer side, lots of folks hopn Traylor come back to gilmer, say Turner to lax, and after i watched him let play clock run out and act surprised i got to agree, they better get that tackling addressed, and them coaches need to get they kids, in the game, and the other ones off the field, i gotta agree gilmer coaches way to lax, learn to tackle low buckeyes, itll make da game alot easier, an Gilmer coaches get yo head out ya axx, an run da dang ball, when u in the wrong red zon, you got a team that culd posibly win it all, give m the chance, tackle low wrap up, tackle low wrap up, tackle low wrap up, tackle low wrap up, tackle low wrap up, is what ya'll need to be preachin!

Twice last night we took delay of game penalty when we were punting. Both times it was the correct thing to do. No need to hurry the punt and make a mistake and no need to burn a timeout. We are 13-1. Why don't we just let the coaches coach the game. I think they know what they are doing. We got a bunch of spoiled fans who freaking think they know everything.

• Like 3

Twice last night we took delay of game penalty when we were punting. Both times it was the correct thing to do. No need to hurry the punt and make a mistake and no need to burn a timeout. We are 13-1. Why don't we just let the coaches coach the game. I think they know what they are doing. We got a bunch of spoiled ###### fans who freaking think they know everything.

I'm glad someone noticed this . Everyone has an opinion but come on Coach Turner may know a thing or two about coaching spreading them out was the best thing to do. Bux were missing them or not catching them at first ,to be expected on a drizzly crisp night. And as for tackling if you go high and rally you can hold on if you dive and miss at this level of competition they will take it to the house.
  • Like 2

First of all, if you click the "quote" button below someone's post, It won't look like you're just adding on to their post. It's obvious you aren't as up on this Smoaky thing, as you may think you are.

First issue: You "did" misunderstand my post to you on more than one level. I never mentioned or even alluded to anyone moving to Gilmer from Longview or anywhere else. What I meant by my post was the surprise that so many people seemed to believe Gilmer was going to win last night, some saying we'd win by a big margin, and if you had been on Smoaky for a long while like myself and many others have, like 13 years, you would know, that "on Smoaky", outside of the fans here in Gilmer, we don't usually get a lot of "emotional" support. There is a big difference between emotional support, and just planting your butt in a seat or bleacher in order to see a good football game. Sure we get a lot of people at our games who aren't Gilmer fans and/or residents. And many folks follow us in the playoffs, and come see our games because they enjoy watching a good game. But, there are just as many, from other towns, that are posters here on Smoaky, who don't like Gilmer, as there are who do,, probably more. And I'm sure some of them come see our playoff games hoping to see us get beat. And they have their reasons I'm sure.

Now I didn't really expect you to think you did anything wrong, I'm guessing you don't do much wrong,,, ever. I'm 67 years old, and have 4 kids. I know what our rights are here in America, and I know the difference between being respectful, and being snotty. I do admit that I have no idea why you think I have anything against people from Linden. I don't even know anyone from Linden, didn't know Scott Surratt was from there, and you probably weren't even born the last time Gilmer played Linden. And I think Surratt and the Carthage Bulldogs are a class act, he's a great coach, (one of the best in Texas in fact), and I have no "beef" against Linden folks, Scott Surratt, or the Bulldogs period.

Second issue: You're funny,, and you assume way too much. I was born and raised in Gilmer. The only time I haven't lived here was while I was in the Air Force serving my country, and while we raised our kids in Hallsville. I've been back in Gilmer since 2001, and I know Gilmer, and it's people like the back of my hand. When I was in school, Gilmer's population was 4,312 (and I didn't have to google that). Up until the last census, we had increased to just a few folks over 5,000 for several years, now it's back to a little over 4,900. Gilmer has not changed a whole lot, and it sure hasn't done it rapidly. Unless you consider an increase of 700 to 800 in population over the past 56 years to be a rapid increase. Now an increase in our football teams success and continued success was a rapid change,,, yeah, I'd have to agree to that, and it's been fun, and amazing. Now I thought your comment to me about "maybe tonight you can talk to people around you and ask where they were from,,,,,,,, etc, etc, etc, was a bit patronizing, but I'll chalk that up to the fact you don't know me.

Third issue: I don't even understand your entire comment about Longview people. I never mentioned Longview. If you were referring to Mrs. Golfingnut,, she's from Gladewater, otherwise, I have no idea where the Longview comment came from.

Fourth issues:. LOL See you don't know me at all. If you did, like others who have been on here for ever, you would know that my comments about being "mad" at Celina, or the snarls, and frowns, (assuming that is what you were referring to as "mad"),,, you would know that whole post, (although there was a measure of truth in it), those mad/snarl/frown comments were just me trying to be funny. I don't get "mad" at teams when they beat us. I respect the heck out of Celina and what they have accomplished over the years. Just like I respect teams like Gladewater, or Dangerfield, or Argyle, or Carthage and Scott Surratt, who have had our number at one time or another.

Now lastly: I don't think I've ever written 8 pages about anything. (some might disagree with me on that, I can be long winded) But if I chose to,, that's my privilege to do so. Call it chatter if you like,, or bereft, uninformed, hoohaa, I don't care. My advice to you is, if you don't like reading things I care to write, just skip over my posts and go on to the next one. I don't care if you choose to do that either. Most weeks I don't even comment on here, and when I do, it's usually five or less posts a week, while many folks make 15 or 20 posts every day. That is their privilege. And it makes me no never mind. And as far as your comments to me are concerned,,, knock yourself out. I have no reason to dislike you, or be rude to you. As of now, you're kinda irrelevant to me. I've said what I wanted to, you misinterpreted most of it. So now go do your thing. I won't get my feelings hurt, It's a forum for goodness sake, no need in me getting my feelings hurt from someone who has no idea about me or who I am.

First of all, if you click the "quote" button below someone's post, It won't look like you're just adding on to their post. It's obvious you aren't as up on this Smoaky thing, as you may think you are.

First issue: You "did" misunderstand my post to you on more than one level. I never mentioned or even alluded to anyone moving to Gilmer from Longview or anywhere else. What I meant by my post was the surprise that so many people seemed to believe Gilmer was going to win last night, some saying we'd win by a big margin, and if you had been on Smoaky for a long while like myself and many others have, like 13 years, you would know, that "on Smoaky", outside of the fans here in Gilmer, we don't usually get a lot of "emotional" support. There is a big difference between emotional support, and just planting your butt in a seat or bleacher in order to see a good football game. Sure we get a lot of people at our games who aren't Gilmer fans and/or residents. And many folks follow us in the playoffs, and come see our games because they enjoy watching a good game. But, there are just as many, from other towns, that are posters here on Smoaky, who don't like Gilmer, as there are who do,, probably more. And I'm sure some of them come see our playoff games hoping to see us get beat. And they have their reasons I'm sure.

Now I didn't really expect you to think you did anything wrong, I'm guessing you don't do much wrong,,, ever. I'm 67 years old, and have 4 kids. I know what our rights are here in America, and I know the difference between being respectful, and being snotty. I do admit that I have no idea why you think I have anything against people from Linden. I don't even know anyone from Linden, didn't know Scott Surratt was from there, and you probably weren't even born the last time Gilmer played Linden. And I think Surratt and the Carthage Bulldogs are a class act, he's a great coach, (one of the best in Texas in fact), and I have no "beef" against Linden folks, Scott Surratt, or the Bulldogs period.

Second issue: You're funny,, and you assume way too much. I was born and raised in Gilmer. The only time I haven't lived here was while I was in the Air Force serving my country, and while we raised our kids in Hallsville. I've been back in Gilmer since 2001, and I know Gilmer, and it's people like the back of my hand. When I was in school, Gilmer's population was 4,312 (and I didn't have to google that). Up until the last census, we had increased to just a few folks over 5,000 for several years, now it's back to a little over 4,900. Gilmer has not changed a whole lot, and it sure hasn't done it rapidly. Unless you consider an increase of 700 to 800 in population over the past 56 years to be a rapid increase. Now a rapid increase in our football teams success and continued success was a rapid change,,, yeah, I'd have to agree to that, and it's been fun, and amazing. Now I thought your comment to me about "maybe tonight you can talk to people around you and ask where they were from,,,,,,,, etc, etc, etc, was a bit patronizing, but I'll chalk that up to the fact you don't know me.

Third issue: I don't even understand your entire comment about Longview people. I never mentioned Longview. If you were referring to Mrs. Golfingnut,, she's from Gladewater, otherwise, I have no idea where the Longview comment came from.

Fourth issues:. LOL See you don't know me at all. If you did, like others who have been on here for ever, you would know that my comments about being "mad" at Celina, or the snarls, and frowns, (assuming that is what you were referring to about "mad"),,, you would know that whole post, (although there was a measure of truth in it), those mad/snarl/frown comments were just me trying to be funny. I don't get "mad" at teams when they beat us. I respect the heck out of Celina and what they have accomplished over the years. Just like I respect teams like Gladewater, or Dangerfield, or Argyle, or Carthage and Scott Surratt, who have had our number at one time or another.

Now lastly: I don't think I've ever written 8 pages about anything. (some might disagree with me on that, I can be long winded) But if I chose to,, that's my privilege to do so. Call it chatter if you like,, or bereft, uninformed, hoohaa if you like, I don't care. My advice to you is, if you don't like reading things I care to write, just skip over my posts and go on to the next one. I don't care if you choose to do that either. Most weeks I don't even comment on here, and when I do, it's usually five or less posts a week, while many folks make 15 or 20 posts every day. That is their privilege. And it makes me no never mind. And as far as your comments to me are concerned,,, knock yourself out. I have no reason to dislike you, or be rude to you. As of now, you're kinda irrelevant to me. I've said what I wanted to, you misinterpreted most of it. So now go do your thing. I won't get my feelings hurt, It's a forum for goodness sake, no need in me getting my feelings hurt from someone who has no idea about me or who I am.

​You don't tell the truth much,if ever. No wonder people ignore your posts. More raving and ranting from you as usual. Also, Gilmer's city limit population does not include all the surrounding small areas around it, so gilmer is much larger than what you say.

yeah, ok, why don't "you" ignore my posts? I guess that must be hard for ya huh? LOL

​we wouldn't ignore you and make you feel lonely if you would stop attacking people who disagree with you and act more polite . like I said, you are not truthful. To get respect, your behavior and manners must be above board and even-handed.

yeah, ok, why don't "you" ignore my posts? I guess that must be hard for ya huh? LOL

AnOldBuckeye, the anger in his statements makes me believe he has been on here before but has open a new account under a different name, which I do believe is against the rules. He sure sounds angry at you although for the life of me I don't know why. smh

Great job Buckeyes!

Collier seems to have fixed his fumble problems from earlier and is running hard. The defense is still bend but don't break, but we don't bend near as much as we did even a month ago.

Last year against Celina it was just a perfect storm for Celina to win. We had a new coach and the wrong QB. If either one of those variables was different last year, the result would have been even more lopsided than the 43 - 17 score this year. Oh well.

Onward to Waco to take on Sweetwater for what I think is the first time ever match up between us.

Time to move on & introduce East Texas Speed to the boys from Sweetwater.

In parting, last night was my first night back from a bout with the crud...I sure enjoyed blowing my horn instead of listening to that damn Celina Horn...kinda reminded me of SMU

Time to move on & introduce East Texas Speed to the boys from Sweetwater.

In parting, last night was my first night back from a bout with the crud...I sure enjoyed blowing my horn instead of listening to that damn Celina Horn...kinda reminded me of SMU

You gonna start the semifinals thread and poll or shall I???!

Great job Buckeyes!

Collier seems to have fixed his fumble problems from earlier and is running hard. The defense is still bend but don't break, but we don't bend near as much as we did even a month ago.

Last year against Celina it was just a perfect storm for Celina to win. We had a new coach and the wrong QB. If either one of those variables was different last year, the result would have been even more lopsided than the 43 - 17 score this year. Oh well.

Onward to Waco to take on Sweetwater for what I think is the first time ever match up between us.

Exactly. The best thing about this team.......is they are improving. That's dangerous for our opponents.

AnOldBuckeye, the anger in his statements makes me believe he has been on here before but has open a new account under a different name, which I do believe is against the rules. He sure sounds angry at you although for the life of me I don't know why. sm h

​evidence ??? Look golfingnut, you've been rude to me since your first post to me. You lied through your teeth when you said that and also lied again when you said I was angry. I am not angry at anoldbuckeye, I just know he's wrong and uninformed. Now, it's obvious you are the angry one, but now you have crossed the line. Also, me and you are likely never to agree on much also, its starting to get kinda creepy the way you are following me around when I never addressed you in the first place, so I'm asking you politely to stop bothering me. Also, stop posting about me as well. Now, if you had followed the rules here and refrained from personal attacks, I would not have had to call you down for it. You have a nice day now

​evidence ??? Look golfingnut, you've been rude to me since your first post to me. You lied through your teeth when you said that and also lied again when you said I was angry. I am not angry at anoldbuckeye, I just know he's wrong and uninformed. Now, it's obvious you are the angry one, but now you have crossed the line. Also, me and you are likely never to agree on much also, its starting to get kinda creepy the way you are following me around when I never addressed you in the first place, so I'm asking you politely to stop bothering me. Also, stop posting about me as well. Now, if you had followed the rules here and refrained from personal attacks, I would not have had to call you down for it. You have a nice day now

Red anger post. scroll down.