1A D1 Semi-Final: Union Hill vs. Jonesboro

RETIREDFAN1

Union Hill vs. Jonesboro  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances to the finals?

50-46 final Jonesboro wins.

Were you there? What do you think about the fact that the back judge let the side judge talk him into not calling intentional grounding on the final Jonesboro scoring drive? What about Jonesboro getting FOUR timeouts in the second half?

I don't usually complain about refs, but those two calls likely changed the outcome of the game. Too big of a game to make mistakes like that. FWIW, Union Hill had opportunities to close it out and didn't.

• Like 1

Were you there? What do you think about the fact that the back judge let the side judge talk him into not calling intentional grounding on the final Jonesboro scoring drive? What about Jonesboro getting FOUR timeouts in the second half?

I don't usually complain about refs, but those two calls likely changed the outcome of the game. Too big of a game to make mistakes like that. FWIW, Union Hill had opportunities to close it out and didn't.

Was a seven man crew working this six-man game? Usually six man only uses four officials...Referee, Head Linesman, Line Judge, and Back Judge/umpire....if it is a 5-man crew you just add an umpire. Never heard of a side judge and field judge being used in a six man game. Would be easy if it were though. 7 officials for 12 players.

Was a seven man crew working this six-man game? Usually six man only uses four officials...Referee, Head Linesman, Line Judge, and Back Judge/umpire....if it is a 5-man crew you just add an umpire. Never heard of a side judge and field judge being used in a six man game. Would be easy if it were though. 7 officials for 12 players.

It was a 4-man crew. I'm just not familiar with what they are called. I guess the ref that overruled was the Line Judge? Terrible call regardless.

I'm not blaming the loss on the officiating, but it did make an impact on the game, and the four timeouts was inexcusable in my opinion. UH still had their chances to pull it out, but just didn't get it done when it counted. It would've been a non-issue had UH converted on 4th down before Jonesboro's final drive. 30 yards of field position and an extra timeout certainly helped Jonesboro's cause, but UH still could've got the stop on that last drive.

• Like 1

Intentional grounding a tough call in a six man game. There really is no pocket per say and with only four officials the referee is responsible for everything behind the line of scrimmage the line judge and head linesman have to release with receivers.

It does not help that sometimes officials that calll 6 man playoff games have not called much six man during the season. It is a totally different game, but once you get used to it it is a lot of fun.

Intentional grounding a tough call in a six man game. There really is no pocket per say and with only four officials the referee is responsible for everything behind the line of scrimmage the line judge and head linesman have to release with receivers.

It does not help that sometimes officials that calll 6 man playoff games have not called much six man during the season. It is a totally different game, but once you get used to it it is a lot of fun.

When I say pocket, I mean he was in the absolute middle of the field, not just between the hash marks. When he picked up the loose ball and turned around there was a defender in his face sacking him. He just heaved the ball to the sideline barely 5 yards forward with no receiver within 15 yards, and he was at least 30 yards behind the LOS. The back judge saw the same thing everybody else saw and dropped the flag. Then he was talked into waving it off. Absolutely no excuse for the extra time out.