Jeff Traylor's next landing Spot

Coach Rab

I would like to see him land a head job in Texas as a D2 guy and polish his resume a little more and make a move to be a head elsewhere in D1 someday. He can do it. He needs to be a head coach again somewhere. He's got the talent he just needs the chance. Best wishes. He's a good one

I seriously doubt 2 years employment warrants a 200k retirement for life. That is a better deal than congressman and senators!

I'd like to know how many years it takes, because coaches don't last very long with teams like they used to. While Bill Snyder could technically be the longest head coach today he left the program for a few years. If I'm not mistaken Bob Stoops has the longest time with one team at 17 years.

I'd like to know how many years it takes, because coaches don't last very long with teams like they used to. While Bill Snyder could technically be the longest head coach today he left the program for a few years. If I'm not mistaken Bob Stoops has the longest time with one team at 17 years.

Saban has 10 at Alabama... not sure if he is the 2nd longest tenured or not...

Just FYI briles went from HS to RB coach at Tech to head small school then a big school. Traylor doesn't need to really go back down for experience or any thing else. He just has to make himself seem like the right fit somewhere.

The most important thing, as he moves up the ladder, is continuing success. As a HS coach, he was one of the most successful in the biggest HS football state in the country. He was able to parlay that into an entry-level position with a pedigreed college program. Judging by the way UT recruited East Texas the last two years, he was successful there. If he continues to build on that, he will keep climbing the ladder. I don't think he's arrogant enough to believe he's ready to run a major-college program. He's willing to do what it takes to climb the ladder.

Well, I'm going to give this a fictional satirical twist concerning some of the recent articles about Morris, Baylor's dilemma and other goings on around these here parts.

It seems that the Baptists down Waco way are getting themselves into a bidding war with the Methodists up around the University Park and Highland Park area.

Any of those communities around the Dallas area where their name is precluded with University or Highland and ending in Park are folks loaded with.....well, cash.

Texas Christian however seems to be pleased as a speckled pup with Patterson and his past performance, leaving Cowtown's Christians out of the loop...for now.

But what if Notre Dame's Catholic counterparts cross the Red River, then we are going to have another Medieval Inquisition uprising.... over football....for Heaven's sake!

So as far as Coach Traylor's involvement and his future is concerned, maybe he should just declare himself as non-denominational, ride this thing out, wait until the proverbial dust settles and then shuffle his resume in with the rest and by golly, he could be ruling the roost alongside the best of them.....Too soon?

Jeff is a good Baptist...I've been trying to convert him to Methodist...we don't preach against anything...shoot, how about Brigham Young?

Does he get to average even the years he's still under contract to Texas (two more, IIRC)? If so, he's already "in like Flynn" and would receive a retirement benefit of about $200k per year. I have a feeling this is more complicated when you're talking about being a coach at UT.

I can't believe the state legislators would allow such a formula to pay out to anyone but themselves and state judges.

Texas is like TSTA...based on best 3 years (I believe)...I would assume you can get the buy-out spread over several years

Jeff is a good Baptist...I've been trying to convert him to Methodist...we don't preach against anything...shoot, how about Brigham Young?

I hear ya' I've been a 'pretty good' Methodist for 50 years now. Well 'pretty good' might be stretching it just a tad, let's call my association with the Methodist... "OK", just in case some of my brethren see this post and call me out on it.

No, we don't preach against anything in particular. Everything is pretty much 'transparent' as people like to say nowadays. Whatcha' see is whatcha' get... nobody hides their beer, we party and dance whenever there is a party that they will allow us to come back to. We might pull the brim of our hat down just a little over our sunglasses when we drive thru Waco. But it's hats off, jambalaya, crawfish pie and filet gumbo when we get back toward SMU. And don't get me wrong, but some of my SMU brothers may not admit they know us Royse City Methodists all of the time.

And if Brigham Young comes down, they seem to have a calming effect....the Mormon folk are like that, you know. So they can act as a mediator just as long as they don't kidnap any coaches or players and haul them back to Utah. They do dress kinda funny sometimes, so they will be easy to spot.

Disclaimer: Y'all know I joke a lot, so any of you Baptists, Methodists, Mormons and 'Cowtown' Christians, don't take me serious.....God Bless!

State of Texas ..................2.8 x years of service x ending pay. 2.8 x 30 = 84%............ 84% x $10,000 mo. = $8400 mo. retirement. Insurance for life if you meet the 80 rule or now 85. Do not think Teachers and State will roll into each other.

State of Texas ..................2.8 x years of service x ending pay. 2.8 x 30 = 84%............ 84% x $10,000 mo. = $8400 mo. retirement. Insurance for life if you meet the 80 rule or now 85. Do not think Teachers and State will roll into each other.

multiplier is 2.3% not 2.8

TRS benefits Age/service must = 80 (for full benefits) for old peeps and new rule of 90 for those who started after 2008(?)

Add five best salary years and get the average then multiply that by 2.3 and that is your gross retirement...then you start removing monthly deductions (taxes, health ins)

and a thank you state legislators as current retirees have not had a COLA in about fifteen years as insurance premiums have spiraled up

• Like 1

multiplier is 2.3% not 2.8

TRS benefits Age/service must = 80 (for full benefits) for old peeps and new rule of 90 for those who started after 2008(?)

Add five best salary years and get the average then multiply that by 2.3 and that is your gross retirement...then you start removing monthly deductions (taxes, health ins)

and a thank you state legislators as current retirees have not had a COLA in about fifteen years as insurance premiums have spiraled up

Gotta be mistaken on the insurance premiums, the prez said we'd all be saving money...

I hear ya' I've been a 'pretty good' Methodist for 50 years now. Well 'pretty good' might be stretching it just a tad, let's call my association with the Methodist... "OK", just in case some of my brethren see this post and call me out on it.

No, we don't preach against anything in particular. Everything is pretty much 'transparent' as people like to say nowadays. Whatcha' see is whatcha' get... nobody hides their beer, we party and dance whenever there is a party that they will allow us to come back to. We might pull the brim of our hat down just a little over our sunglasses when we drive thru Waco. But it's hats off, jambalaya, crawfish pie and filet gumbo when we get back toward SMU. And don't get me wrong, but some of my SMU brothers may not admit they know us Royse City Methodists all of the time.

And if Brigham Young comes down, they seem to have a calming effect....the Mormon folk are like that, you know. So they can act as a mediator just as long as they don't kidnap any coaches or players and haul them back to Utah. They do dress kinda funny sometimes, so they will be easy to spot.

Disclaimer: Y'all know I joke a lot, so any of you Baptists, Methodists, Mormons and 'Cowtown' Christians, don't take me serious.....God Bless!

Since when did Mormons start dressing funny, unless you say it's the missionaries. I think the world could use more 18-21 year old young men in suits instead of what I see many of them wearing. Those are the goofy looking one's to me, especially the one's with their underwear showing or wearing base with eye shadow. I never minded KISS, New York Dolls, Ozzy, RATT, Twisted Sister, Adam Ant and other bands wearing makeup for a stage appearance. One of the reasons that KISS started wearing makeup was because Jerry Nolan told them they were to ugly to be in a band. Then again wearing suits helped make the Beatles popular in the early 60's.

• Like 1

Since when did Mormons start dressing funny, unless you say it's the missionaries. I think the world could use more 18-21 year old young men in suits instead of what I see many of them wearing. Those are the goofy looking one's to me, especially the one's with their underwear showing or wearing base with eye shadow. I never minded KISS, New York Dolls, Ozzy, RATT, Twisted Sister, Adam Ant and other bands wearing makeup for a stage appearance. One of the reasons that KISS started wearing makeup was because Jerry Nolan told them they were to ugly to be in a band. Then again wearing suits helped make the Beatles popular in the early 60's.

:rofl:

You got that right. I'm not a fan of the droopy pants thing at all. I'm still trying to figure out how they keep them at knee length? Is there suspenders, tape or just strong legs? Suits were what men wore back in the pre-60's days and in the 50's it started getting a little risque for the younger men to were jeans with cuffs, Tee shirts with rolled up sleeves and a cigarette behind one ear. However, it would be nice to even see kids wear the jeans and tee shirts like back in the 50's. But we have a lot of really good kids that do not dress like that and we have a lot of really good kids that are being raised right. I don't think we give those kids enough credit. It seems we find too much negative in younger folks and don't compliment them enough for what they do right.

I still see a lot of kids coming to church on Sunday morning with and without their parents. I see a lot of kids helping other people because they know it is the right thing to do. I also see a lot of responsible kids taking on responsible roles that give me hope that our future and my grandchildren's future will be ok.

Just take a look at some of the dedication and hard work these young football players put in. They do what they do for several reasons and the game itself helps develop them into responsible people.

I kid about the Mormon's dress that we saw decades ago. One of my best friends and colleagues is a devout Mormon and he is one of the best people that I know. He dresses much nicer than I do....LOL!

I think that too often we judge everyone by only a few. But I do agree that sometimes those few can promote a damaging impression.

Gotta be mistaken on the insurance premiums, the prez said we'd all be saving money...

i think the last three prez's have said pretty much the same type of line and people keep believing

anyways all the money i am saving on health ins is going to two diff Univ's and all those freakin fee's they stack on ya...