HS Boys Basketball

SSCatz

Sulphur Springs is playing about as well as anyone in the area.

Paris won the Van tournament, but I'm ready for them to see some top competition. The SS and MP Games will be good tests for the Lamar County Wildcats. Junior Josh Robinson is averaging about 34 points per game, including a pair of 40 point games. His season low is 31. Dude can flat out score the ball.

• Like 1

Center is #19 in 4A TABC state rankings

Thanks for the info. That's awesome! TABC must have just updated it either yesterday or today . They needed to be ranked. Center has a great team. I see them going deeper then they did last season.

Thanks for the info. That's awesome! TABC must have just updated it either yesterday or today . They needed to be ranked. Center has a great team. I see them going deeper then they did last season.

Didn't they make regional tourney last year? Lost to Navasota in regional semis, correct?

The kid from Big Sandy has to be the best sophomore in east Texas. Josiah Johnson. District MVP last year as a freshman and averaging 28 a game this year. Probably a safe bet to say he is one of the top players in ET from 3A down

its not a safe bet. It's a sure bet. We played him in the playoffs last year and he's the real deal.
  • Like 1

Didn't they make regional tourney last year? Lost to Navasota in regional semis, correct?

Yep. Lost 55-70. Center was leading at the half, but Navasota turned it up in the 2nd half, and out scored Center 43-25. If ya ask me, the Riders looked fatigued in that second half and just couldn't match Navasota intensity.

Yep. Lost 55-70. Center was leading at the half, but Navasota turned it up in the 2nd half, and out scored Center 43-25. If ya ask me, the Riders looked fatigued in that second half and just couldn't match Navasota intensity.

If that was the case, then maybe one round deeper, but that's it. From what I have seen and heard, ain't nobody in Region III beating Silsbee.

If that was the case, then maybe one round deeper, but that's it. From what I have seen and heard, ain't nobody in Region III beating Silsbee.

If they're anything like last season, you're probably right. I guess will just have to wait and see.

Hudson should've beat silsbee last year in the regional tourney. If they could've made a layup, there's a good chance they would've. I bet they missed 15-20 point blank layups.

Length got the best of center against navasota last yr at the regional tourney. One of center's regulars was suspended leading up to the tourney for actions at school. He would've been a huge difference against navasota. Plus, 'sota had a kid that was shooting lights out against center and we didn't have an answer for him in the second half.

Silsbee is good, no doubt. But I think Center can play with them

Never heard of a 20 point loss being a should of win for the losing team. Center may can hang for a half, like Hudson and Navasota did, but eventually it probably ends up being a 20+ point loss, like Hudson and Navasota.

I haven't had the opportunity to watch the 'Riders play yet this year, but, from all accounts we are better than last year and if the ball bounces our way, we could possibly be going deep into the playoffs. We have speed and height this year. We've only lost to 5A Whitehouse in OT twice, once by 5 and the other by 4. Every game we have won has been by double figures with the exception of one, I think, and that was against state ranked 5A Humble, beating them by 7. Go 'Riders!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just so everyone is aware the second annual Leroy Romines Hoopfest at Longview High School will be Dec. 28,29,30th of 2016.

We are so thankful to have back as our Title Sponsors - Texas Bank and Trust and Longview Regional Medical Center plus our other

sponsors. It would not be possible without these fine sponsors. The 16 teams that will make up the tournament field are as follows:

1. Longview

2. Pine Tree

3. Hallsville

4.Henderson

5.John Tyler

6. Lufkin

7.Nacogdoches

8.Sulphur Springs

9. Center

10. Pleasant Grove

11. Liberty Eylau

12. Buna

13. C.E. King (Houston)

14.Life Style Christian

15. Union Hill

16.Alpha Omega

Big Sandy coming off 4 rounds deep last year (fell to Clarksville by 19) is now 8-1 on the season. Has played nothing but 3A and 4A so far but 2 games. all-state sophomore is hitting about 28 points a game so far (up from 20 last year). Varsity has 3 freshman that all see playing time. Starting 5 is 1 senior, 1 junior, 2 Sophomores, and 1 freshman. They are still trying to hit their stride, but if they do, they going to be though the next few years.