HS Boys Basketball

SSCatz

Lipan 78, Tenaha 55 - Championship

Thanks Crawford. Never cared much for basketball until both my G'kids started playing. Remember about 2 years ago, I kept looking at playoff teams (mostly 2A) and I kept seeing Lipan beating them. Made a comment about it - what's up with this 1A team beating all these higher classifications? Guy filled me in. Best as I remember, the kids born there come out of the womb with a basketball in their hands. It must be the dying truth.

EB what is Tatum looking like this year? I didn't see them in that ranking. Do they have a chance to make some noise?

They lost a lot from last year but still have some talent.. some height... But not really your typical Tatum team..

I see Center running away with district..

Sulphur Springs continues to fly under the radar it seems (16-4). No love in any polls. Only losses to ranked teams (Dallas Skyline, Houston Pro Vision, Paris and Houston Sam Houston).. Meanwhile beating a really really good Center team.

District game vs Marshall and THigh this week. Mt. Pleasant next week.

Center picked up an UGLY win last night at Liberty Eyleau, 74-62. Center couldn't seem to buy a bucket from right around the basket. Riders missed a TON of FTs as well.

Most teams would love to win by 12 points, but when we start calling it a ugly win, that says a lot on what we know the Riders are capable of doing. With that said, Center did have a bad night. They shot for only 44% from the field, 18/41, and 29%, 4/14, from beyond the three point arc, and 63%, 26/41, from the line. They make at least a 3rd of those missed that's another 25-30 points or so.

Most teams would love to win by 12 points, but when we start calling it a ugly win, that says a lot on what we know the Riders are capable of doing. With that said, Center did have a bad night. They shot for only 44% from the field, 18/41, and 29%, 4/14, from beyond the three point arc, and 63%, 26/41, from the line. They make at least a 3rd of those missed that's another 25-30 points or so.

26 of 41 from the free throw stripe would be a very good night for most high school teams.

On a rare Monday night 2A game, #21 Dallardsville Big Sandy Wildcats visited the #25 Evadale Rebels tonight. At halftime the Wildcats had a nine point lead. About half way thru the third Qtr, the Rebels took their first lead by one. At that point it was a nip and tuck, back and forth for the remainder of the game. Evadale finally got a rare win over Big Sandy 77-73. D. Big Sandy rarely loses to another 2A school, so it's time to celebrate in Evadale :)

• Like 1

Evadale defeated Deweyville 103-78 for the Dist 24-2A Opener.

And my first time to see a hundred plus game live. Evadale was only up 50-43 at half, but Refs were callings fouls for breathing. Evadale's depth kept our boys in, but Deweyville had two foul out. Both teams had over 10 fouls each half. Long game.

Saw my second 100+ point game tonight. Evadale defeated Hull Daisetta 107-52. So y'all will understand we aren't just running up the scores, we have twelve on varsity, and 11 of them are good ball players. So when we sub, they're almost as good as the starters. One ironic thing, of our 5 starters, we have 3 at 6'3", one at 6'2", and our Post man is a 5'11" Soph who has springs in his legs lol.

Saw my second 100+ point game tonight. Evadale defeated Hull Daisetta 107-52. So y'all will understand we aren't just running up the scores, we have twelve on varsity, and 11 of them are good ball players. So when we sub, they're almost as good as the starters. One ironic thing, of our 5 starters, we have 3 at 6'3", one at 6'2", and our Post man is a 5'11" Soph who has springs in his legs lol.

Careful the score, lest some might label the classless for running it up on em...

Careful the score, lest some might label the classless for running it up on em...

Not much we can do. Our second string could win district. Not that we're That Good, just District is weak. Several good teams, but only 7 or 8 kids on Varsity. We had 15 to start season, but down to 12. One of our best (arguably the best) is out for the year with a torn ACL. We just keep 5 fresh kids on the court at all times. Most seasons, putting the subs in would slow the scoring, but not much this year. That to me is the irony of 2A sports. You may go a few seasons with few players, then, you have more than you know what to do with. Only thing we don't have is a really tall dude. That killed us against PNG. They had a couple pretty tall. They dominated on the boards.

Not much we can do. Our second string could win district. Not that we're That Good, just District is weak. Several good teams, but only 7 or 8 kids on Varsity. We had 15 to start season, but down to 12. One of our best (arguably the best) is out for the year with a torn ACL. We just keep 5 fresh kids on the court at all times. Most seasons, putting the subs in would slow the scoring, but not much this year. That to me is the irony of 2A sports. You may go a few seasons with few players, then, you have more than you know what to do with. Only thing we don't have is a really tall dude. That killed us against PNG. They had a couple pretty tall. They dominated on the boards.

We hit 13 3s on Png in a rout in their gym last night, 6 of em in the 2nd qtr.

• Like 1