Sweetwater vs Gilmer 4A DII semi finals at McLane Stadium in Waco

jubilant

Sweetwater vs. Gilmer  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Semifinals. Who wins????

That's right!Take care of the ball and you get to play for a state title!Yes Poppy is having a great year!So thankful we have him as our qb this year.I think last years team was more talented than this years so just think what Gilmer would have done with a qb like Poppy last year.Go Bux!

Yep, spot on once again. Hope we get it done on Friday.

2015 will always be remembered as one of those seasons that could have been..........

• Like 1

The Sweetwater QB reminds me of the Gladewater QB, but not as fast. Looks still to be fast though. He will probably get lots of yards in the first half of the game this Friday. I'm wondering if the cold weather will favor the run more than the pass this week. Sweetwater primarily ran the ball last week against Seminole and of course Gilmer, as they have all year, were a pass-first team last week against Celina.

• Like 1

The Sweetwater QB reminds me of the Gladewater QB, but not as fast. Looks still to be fast though. He will probably get lots of yards in the first half of the game this Friday. I'm wondering if the cold weather will favor the run more than the pass this week. Sweetwater primarily ran the ball last week against Seminole and of course Gilmer, as they have all year, were a pass-first team last week against Celina.

The good thing is Gilmer can pass and run very well.If the weather disrupts the passing game they have so many running backs to carry the load.

Sweetwater blew out a Krum team that absolutely destroyed PG, right? lol

I can only make guesses from their game film I can find online, but they look a lot more impressive than PG to me.

O-line looks solid and RB looks legit. QB looks solid.

Hard to put down a team that is playing for a berth in the title game guys.

I can see saying Carthage is better, but thats about it out of that conversation.

Good luck Gilmer, always a ton of respect for the buckeye program over here in leopard land

The good thing is Gilmer can pass and run very well.If the weather disrupts the passing game they have so many running backs to carry the load.

Gilmer will not have to totally abandon the pass in inclement weather. Gilmer's short passing game with bubble screens, quick slants, etc. are high percentage throws that allow their speedsters to make plays in space and should not be affected by weather.

I'm thinking Gilmer takes this game, but we will have to come into it with the same good week of practice and the same mental attitude we had last Friday. I'd love to see a blow out, but I'm thinkin' the Mustangs are gonna be pretty salty. Only thing to do though, to better last seasons record,,,, and that's make it to the Championship, and/or win it all. I would be satisfied this week, with a one point win, but why not just make a statement, that we aren't done,,, with a a big win that speaks for itself. Bum Phillips had a lot of quotes, none more famous than this one, "Last year we knocked on the door, this year we beat on the door, next year we are gonna kick the BlankityBlank in". But quotes like that don't win championships. I don't want these kids to wait until next year to win it all, I want these kids to believe in themselves, and do it "for themselves", in 2016. Bum had a couple more good quotes, like: "Respect all/fear none." And, "How do you win? You win by getting average players to play good, and good players to play great. That's how you win." We may or may not win it all,,but we sure won't, if we don't win Friday night. Let's get this one Buckeyes, and be impressive doing so, and we'll worry about next week if and when we get that far. No lookin' ahead, we've got one team to beat right now, the Sweetwater Mustangs.

I've seen gilmer 3 times they are good but not great first 2 times wasn't empressed but look better against celina

but Celina was to slow and not a very good tackling team.

but I haven't seen sweetwater but I don't think either team can play with west orange

13-1 and 1 game away from another State Championship game. Time to give a little respect. Smh....

Gilmer will not have to totally abandon the pass in inclement weather. Gilmer's short passing game with bubble screens, quick slants, etc. are high percentage throws that allow their speedsters to make plays in space and should not be affected by weather.

Very true.I was just saying if.

Cold doesn't affect a passing game as bad as wind. If it's cold but not windy, the passing game should be ok.

I've always thought bad weather affects the losing team more than the winning team. When you're behind by 14+ points, and you're struggling to move the ball, suddenly the weather becomes miserable. When you're up by 14 the weather is always awesome

Sweetwater blew out a Krum team that absolutely destroyed PG, right? lol

I can only make guesses from their game film I can find online, but they look a lot more impressive than PG to me.

O-line looks solid and RB looks legit. QB looks solid.

Hard to put down a team that is playing for a berth in the title game guys.

I can see saying Carthage is better, but thats about it out of that conversation.

Good luck Gilmer, always a ton of respect for the buckeye program over here in leopard land

Using Krum's win over PG and Sweetwater's win over Krum isn't a good indication of how well Sweetwater will do against Gilmer or even if Sweetwater is better than all Gilmer's competition this year. PG was not the same team in district and in the playoffs that Krum saw. The Buckeyes have played a tough schedule this year and are more than ready to take on Sweetwater.

Other than Krum, who has Sweetwater played?

• Like 3

I've seen gilmer 3 times they are good but not great first 2 times wasn't empressed but look better against celina

but Celina was to slow and not a very good tackling team.

but I haven't seen sweetwater but I don't think either team can play with west orange

Dang. You must be hard to (impress)! What's it take? Don't be a hater. Regardless if Gilmer wins or loses they are 13-1 1 loss coming from a great Carthage team!

• Like 1

Well it is true. I seen Gilmer once and that team would been killed by other Gilmer teams. I hope I am wrong but unfortunately I could see a repeat of the 2013 championship assuming they get passed a very tough Sweetwater team

Learn your history. We didn't play for championship in 2013.

Using Krum's win over PG and Sweetwater's win over Krum isn't a good indication of how well Sweetwater will do against Gilmer or even if Sweetwater is better than all Gilmer's competition this year. PG was not the same team in district and in the playoffs that Krum saw. The Buckeyes have played a tough schedule this year and are more than ready to take on Sweetwater.

Other than Krum, who has Sweetwater played?

I wasn't making a case for sweetwater to beat Gilmer, as I hope Gilmer wins this one and then shuts up the WOS guys on here in the title game.

Just thought it was ridiculous to say teams like PG were better than sweetwater. PG was much improved this year, but still were not a state semi final caliber team. We torched their defense and didn't have near the offensive firepower we've had the last couple years.

Once again, Good luck buckeyes.

I wasn't suggesting gilmer loses or im a hater im just going by what I have seen (gilmer is not the team of the past)

But on another note I hope gilmer WINS I would like to see a east texas team win it all

Its knocking on the door lets hope you can answere it

GOOD LUCH BUCKEYES

I wasn't making a case for sweetwater to beat Gilmer, as I hope Gilmer wins this one and then shuts up the WOS guys on here in the title game.

Just thought it was ridiculous to say teams like PG were better than sweetwater. PG was much improved this year, but still were not a state semi final caliber team. We torched their defense and didn't have near the offensive firepower we've had the last couple years.

Once again, Good luck buckeyes.

ATL over LE over PG over GW over ATL.. what all that means is actually nothing...however Gilmer beats us all ..lol

• Like 1

I wasn't suggesting gilmer loses or im a hater im just going by what I have seen (gilmer is not the team of the past)

But on another note I hope gilmer WINS I would like to see a east texas team win it all

Its knocking on the door lets hope you can answere it

GOOD LUCH BUCKEYES

Comparing them 2014? Yes I agree. Still impressive in their own right.