Prairiland AD/Head Football open

RHSRebels2015

I agree with the emphasis on the jr high program. Question is why do so many schools put the young coach with the jh instead of the older more experienced coaches?

Because the money, what little there is, is in the high school budget. Very little floating around in the middle/junior high ranks. Middle school coaches and teachers are notoriously undervalued and under-appreciated, but it's the most important time in a student-athlete's development.

Because the money, what little there is, is in the high school budget. Very little floating around in the middle/junior high ranks. Middle school coaches and teachers are notoriously undervalued and under-appreciated, but it's the most important time in a student-athlete's development.

100% right. I've heard so many coaches say, "I'm just a jr high coach." Bull you are the foundation. If I'm at a 3a or below, im burning the candle at both ends because I'm gonna be with the younger kids. Because you are gonna have those years with lean numbers and the kids you have had better be able to play or you will be hunting a job.

I think a great selection has been made. Now it is time to shut Jimmy aJors parents up and let him build on the best players. This won't happen in a year but i see the likes of a brock and sunnyville in their future if the support is there

• Like 1