The Old "If your good enough they will find you " theory

FootballKrazy10

I think that some of the extra exposure comes late in the playoffs after college football finishes their regular season. That's probably why some parents want their kids to be playing for a winning program for the most part. During the playoffs is when the cream rises to the top, and college scouts and coaches can get a good long look at potential players. There's a big difference in watching a kid in a video and watching them play live.

At the end of the day the child MUST be that type of athlete. As the topic title says, IF YOU'RE GOOD ENOUGH. That means you need to be good by all athletic standards...not by daddy's standards. Please dont take your child from a 35-50 man 2A program and take him to Gilmer, Kilgore, Tyler, etc and have him get lost in the shuffle. Accept the fact that he may not go to UT or Baylor or wherever a big school program can land him. If he is small school/JUCO talent, so be it. I'll take a free education at TJC or Blinn if its offered...You ?

• Like 2

With the price of college nowadays, it is very important to at least try. I have daughters only, so no "full ride" scholarships are available. My eldest was the valedictorian and got her first year's tuition paid for, and even got several scholarships, but that doesn't come close to paying for it all. Now that she's in her second year, we're footing almost the entire bill. A year and a half from now, we will have two daughters in college. I'm hoping my youngest gets a significant amount of scholarship money. She's smart, too, and a good athlete to boot, but she will likely be salutatorian instead of valedictorian.

Just from going through the process the smaller school players that are borderline d1 kids get passed over because their parents or administration didn't make sure the kids and parents understand making sure act, sat and clearinghouse stuff were taken care of and it cost them

Just from going through the process the smaller school players that are borderline d1 kids get passed over because their parents or administration didn't make sure the kids and parents understand making sure act, sat and clearinghouse stuff were taken care of and it cost them

That may be true in certain instances but I would say as a whole that this is not an accurate statement.

I'll say this also, the recruiter will make sure you do everything you need to to get into school if they want you. They will sit down with counsellors and go over transcripts and give the student dates and locations of sat's/act's.

DI talent will be found at whatever level they compete. The D2. NAIA, schools the student athlete needs to recruit those schools. Larger reputation schools will get some contact from these smaller schools. Bottom line the athlete and family are responsible for getting exposure to college recruiters.

I had a chance to go the battle of the borders this year in Shreveport, La. I spoke with a guy who had a relative playing on IMG he stated that their protecting him from public

schools. The reasons were they wanted better coaching and more marketing for their child and him not placed in environment where the guy in the small town couldn't call the

shots dealing with their child.

I will say this not everyone can fork up the $40.000 plus a year tuition that it costs to attend there. Start early and promote your child at the end remember this when its all said and done the high school coach will need to sign off on it, meaning if you're bad mouthing the coach at your school little johnnie will have a hard time.

There is less pressure on the coach at a place like IMG he doesn't have to play a kid that doesn't really need to be on the field or father is on school board. The number one

thing to do is protect your child and allow him to make the choices.

^^ completely False

A coach has to sign off for a kid to go to college??? seriously where do you guys get this stuff?

Start early and promote your child? how early do you know that they will play college ball? Im not saying don't take your kids to camps or anything, but to think that a kid is a stud and no one will find him is ridiculous.

What did Wes Welker play? Was it 6 man IDK?

Per Wikipedia....

Welker started his football career at Heritage Hall High School in Oklahoma City. In his junior year, he helped lead his team to the 2A State Football championship over Tishomingo High School. In that game, Welker had three touchdowns, over 200 all-purpose yards, a 47-yard field goal, and an interception.[3]Also, in 1999 he was named The Daily Oklahoman All-State Player of the Year, and Oklahoma State Player of the Year by USA Today.

Welker played in the 2000 Oil Bowl, scoring a 40-yard field goal for the Oklahoma team. Out of high school, Welker was not recruited heavily, as he was considered to be too small to play at the college level. However, after a recruit at Texas Tech backed out of his scholarship, it was offered to Welker.

At Heritage Hall, Welker was a prolific contributor on offense, defense, and special teams. As a running back, he scored 80 touchdowns (53 rushing and 27 receiving). As a defensive back, he had 190 tackles, 22 interceptions (three of which he returned for touchdowns), and nine fumble recoveries. As a punt returner, he scored seven touchdowns. As a kicker, he kicked 35 field goals and 165 extra points. His longest field goal was 58 yards.

"I was thinking I'd get a scholarship somewhere.

Said Welker of the experience

When it didn't happen when it was supposed to, on signing day, I was pretty hurt by it. … In the end, I don't think I could've picked a better school than Texas Tech."[5]

There was a kid out in Plainview, Tx. who was spotted by Mizzou when their recruiters were watching film on another team. They spotted a 6'5" receiver who could run a little, even though he didn't catch a single pass in that particular game. His name is Michael Egnew and became an All American and drafted by the Miami Dolphins. He didn't pan out in the NFL, but not bad for a kid who probably didn't have 40 career receptions in high school.