4A Division 1 State Championship Game: Carthage vs Abilene Wylie @ AT&T

CarthDawg77

State Final  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins????

I don't post on here much, but holy cow at the support the Dawgs got on their way out of town today!! There were people lined up everywhere, all the schools were standing by the road screaming and yelling! And thank you to our neighbors at Beckville and Tatum that also supported them as they drove through!!

• Like 4

those collegiate fools need to back off the players until AFTER the state title game. It is not appropriate that we have distractions at this time. We haven't won the game yet. Last thing we need is some of our players daydreaming about college niceties when their minds should be on the game tomorrow.

those collegiate fools need to back off the players until AFTER the state title game. It is not appropriate that we have distractions at this time. We haven't won the game yet. Last thing we need is some of our players daydreaming about college niceties when their minds should be on the game tomorrow.

lol dude where have you been? It's how it works. Colleges will offer when they're ready to. always have, always will

One thing to keep in mind when trying to analyse this game......which team will play as a complete team better??? I agree Carthage has a few outstanding offensive players and a very good qb with a big arm that can lay it on the money. But what will occur if he gets pressured too much? I'm telling ya......those Dbacks for Wylie are darn good......just like the rest of their D. Wylie has proven all year their D is very stingy.......the numbers and opponents bear this out. If Carthage plays with few mistakes and then plays stellar defensively......then I believe they will come out on top. If they don't......then Wylie will win. I think Wylie will force Carthage into mistakes on offense.......they've done it to everybody else so far in the playoffs. And then they will capitalize on those mistakes.

We have offered our opinions on who we think has the best shot at winning this game, but it's time for both teams to tighten the chinstraps and play smash mouth football. Go big or go home, it's time to fulfill your dreams and control your own destiny. Stay focused and calm, each team has proven that they deserve the opportunity to become the next 4A-Div1 Champions. Go get #5 Carthage, the fans are behind you 100%. One game at a time! Go Dawgs!!!!

Are you the real Buddy Garritty?

Are you the real Buddy Garritty?

​Nope. Never met the man, but he is my favorite character on FNL by far. So realistic and like the quintessential local football fan who involves himself in school and town affairs. He did an expert job in that series. Too bad the series flopped after the 3rd season.

One thing to keep in mind when trying to analyse this game......which team will play as a complete team better??? I agree Carthage has a few outstanding offensive players and a very good qb with a big arm that can lay it on the money. But what will occur if he gets pressured too much? I'm telling ya......those Dbacks for Wylie are darn good......just like the rest of their D. Wylie has proven all year their D is very stingy.......the numbers and opponents bear this out. If Carthage plays with few mistakes and then plays stellar defensively......then I believe they will come out on top. If they don't......then Wylie will win. I think Wylie will force Carthage into mistakes on offense.......they've done it to everybody else so far in the playoffs. And then they will capitalize on those mistakes.

Carthage has too much speed, too many offensive schemes, tradition & coaching. Dawgs by 14

Personally I be suprised by a blowout. Carthage really hasn't done that this year other than that area team from Houston no one ever heard of. Wylie probably the best Defense they faced but they are prepared for any offense. Explosive offenses, primary Running teams, Athletic qb , terrific Running backs. Plus they got Saban/ Belichick as a HC.

Lion70 you are correct. This Dawg team has taken on the identity of thriving in close games for whatever reason, even when they should have won by 4 TD's. They seem to play their best when the pressure is the greatest. I still see this as a one possession game. Going to be similar to the Refugio vs Crawford game with a little more scoring IMO. In the end the C Dawgs will prevail 28-24.