4A Division 1 State Championship Game: Carthage vs Abilene Wylie @ AT&T

CarthDawg77

State Final  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins????

Which players graduate off this team?

[WARNING to Lion70: Read this at your peril.]

On offense: The QB, the blocking back, the TE, the center, one of the OGs, and the largest OT

On defense: The large DE, 2 of the top 3 DTs, 1 OLB, both safeties and a CB

Returning on offense: RB, top 3 WRs, OG, OT

Returning on defense: the smaller DE, 1 of the top 3 DTs, MLB, an OLB, and a CB (who is also one of the WRs)

This year's junior class is loaded, and that's even after 2 of its members who started as sophomores in 2015 moved.

This year's freshman class is also thought to be perhaps the best class yet.

I know it's ridiculously early since it's not even been 24 hours since game ended but am i the only one who thinks we may be on the verge of another 3peat? This has got to be the 2nd sweetest ship for me (2008 will always be my fav) but the Dawgs eat up 'Ships like milk-moisted doggie-bones! More more more!!!! Woof Woof Woof!!!

He is a 3rd grader....and very athletic...?

Is it his son or a close relative or something? Just thought it was funny to think that a coach would stay at one particular school just because he thinks there's a stud third grader coming up. 8th grader maybe, but 3rd? Never heard of such.

Is it his son or a close relative or something? Just thought it was funny to think that a coach would stay at one particular school just because he thinks there's a stud third grader coming up. 8th grader maybe, but 3rd? Never heard of such.

His child. So not very out of the ordinary.

I know it's ridiculously early since it's not even been 24 hours since game ended but am i the only one who thinks we may be on the verge of another 3peat? This has got to be the 2nd sweetest ship for me (2008 will always be my fav) but the Dawgs eat up 'Ships like milk-moisted doggie-bones! More more more!!!! Woof Woof Woof!!!

No you are not the only one. Carthage might 4 peat!!. The kids that will be sophomores next year are loaded. The kids that are coming into the 9th grade next year got little Morgan as their QB. In all seriousness Carthage will go back to back. Everybody can say what they want. Fire away. We are going to be loaded next year. I just hope we can somehow get a LB with the last name Brown back somehow!! We could end up with 4 legit D-1 players on the roster that will be seniors next year. K. Ingram, Gates, D. Ingram, and Colbert will have D1 offers for sure. K. Ingram and Gates offers are about to stack up like legos. Last time we had 4 D-1 players was 2013. We all know how that turned out.

Many who post on this website took Coach Surratt to task during the season for so often going for it rather than punting on 4th down. IMHO, the players were able to convert all of those 4th downs yesterday in front of 24,000 fans for the state championship at least partially because of the fearless attitude developed during the season by going for it so often and from almost anywhere on the field. (I use "almost" in front of "anywhere" because I don't think the Bulldogs have ever gone for it on 4th from inside their 10.)

ive said it before and ill say it again, in surratt i trust when it comes to bulldog football. IMO we've always had the horses to do this but he came in here and now we have 5 ships. No he's not perfect but i'm 99.9999% he knows more about his teams and players than anyone on here. As someone else said, this years Dawgs has been his finest coaching job yet!

As a former Henderson player and a HHS graduate, congratulations to Carthage and all the Bulldog fans. My wife and I met Coach Surratt and his family by accident the day after he won his first state title, he's a gentleman through and through. My wife and I were at AT&T Stadium to cheer the Bulldogs on Friday. Sleepy Everett is one of the finest men to ever coach high school football. I played against his teams and later covered them as a sports writer. What many of you may not know is he had, hopefully still has, a daughter who was disabled. I had coaches tell me he was so devoted to her and her care that he would leave district meetings at a certain time because he had to help with her care. Not only a gentleman coach, but also a devoted father. I would wager a bet he would rather be known as the latter if push comes to shove.

• Like 1