4A Division 1 State Championship Game: Carthage vs Abilene Wylie @ AT&T

CarthDawg77

State Final  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins????

Wow, what a ride. Surratt the the man!! I am already ready for next year. Carthage returns almost all of its play makers. But now its just time to enjoy this one! By far my favorite Carthage team of all time. Those boys were all heart. Beat probably 4 teams we had no business beating. What a season!! Surratt with 5 titles is 3rd all time now. He is going to go down as the best to ever do it if he stays at Carthage. Unbelievable how he could come to a small town in ETX who had never won much, and turn them into a total powerhouse. I hope this ride never ends. It gets sweeter everytime.

• Like 1

Wow, what a ride. Surratt the the man!! I am already ready for next year. Carthage returns almost all of its play makers. But now its just time to enjoy this one! By far my favorite Carthage team of all time. Those boys were all heart. Beat probably 4 teams we had no business beating. What a season!! Surratt with 5 titles is 3rd all time now. He is going to go down as the best to ever do it if he stays at Carthage. Unbelievable how he could come to a small town in ETX who had never won much, and turn them into a total powerhouse. I hope this ride never ends. It gets sweeter everytime.

Carthage may have not made it to the Promised Land before but they have always been a solid program. Sleepy Reynolds did a nice job for them. Not taking anything away from Surratt but to say that Carthage never did much is a misleading statement.

5th title in 9 years. I said few weeks ago on twitter IMO Carthage has the best HC/staff in the state. Congrats to those guys & kids.

glad you figured that out couple weeks ago. carthage folks been saying that a few years now. but glad to have you aboard.

Carthage may have not made it to the Promised Land before but they have always been a solid program. Sleepy Reynolds did a nice job for them. Not taking anything away from Surratt but to say that Carthage never did much is a misleading statement.

+1. we almost always had a solid team under sleep.

glad you figured that out couple weeks ago. carthage folks been saying that a few years now. but glad to have you aboard.

Oh trust me it wasnt a couple weeks ago that I knew, someone popped that question on there and I answered, lets just say they didnt have a rebuttal. ;)

I said never won much. Carthage was a good program, and Sleepy was a heck of a ball coach. Not taking anything away from our history. But there is a difference between being a solid program who didn't win many big playoff games outside of a couple of seasons, and being an elite program. Your reading too much into it.

This is my all time favorite Dawg team.

The heart of these young men are as big as secretariats. Down by 14 and said ok now let's go and turn the C Dawgs loose. Shut them out in the second half. I told people over on the down low, that this would be the best secondary they have seen all year.

AW could not run on our front seven were forced to throw into the danger zone.

Great game AW, no shame in loosening in the set championship.

I am sad this is over, nothing matches watching the Dawgs on Friday nights.

God Bless everyone and I pray for safe travel home.

• Like 2