4A Division 1 State Championship Game: Carthage vs Abilene Wylie @ AT&T

CarthDawg77

State Final  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins????

Just when I made arrangements to put my buddies CarthDawg77, and romansoldier1, on suicide watch, the Carthage Dogs pulled it out. I suspect Coach Surratt drew it up like that. What a great comeback win!

Congratulations to the whole Carthage organization, and all you C-Dog faithful. Raising up a cold one in Evadale to y'all.

• Like 1

Just when I made arrangements to put my buddies CarthDawg77, and romansoldier1, on suicide watch, the Carthage Dogs pulled it out. I suspect Coach Surratt drew it up like that. What a great comeback win!

Congratulations to the whole Carthage organization, and all you C-Dog faithful. Raising up a cold one in Evadale to y'all.

31-3 the rest of the way after down 14

Congrats guys! Very impressive to see how #19 progressed throughout the year he made some kind of player. The same can be said about the D.

As for AW they played their hearts out but your not gonna beat Carthage with that kind of QB play. It's hard for your D to have too keep coming back on the field without hardly any break because of turnovers.

• Like 1

Almost wrecked 5 times driving back from Dallas from patting myself on the back.

Back on page 5 of this thread ( Dec 13) I picked the Dawgs to win 30-16. Figured both teams would miss a PAT.

GREAT job Carthage.

D lights out again after intermission & the O is ALWAYS more balanced and creative then ANY high school program in Texas.

Just Fantastic!

Lion70 i know our teams are historic rivals but i just dont get not being happy we won it. Im of the mind if you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best. Last year we got destroyed by la vega and i wouldve not been happy if they lost the ship. Thanks for the kind words tho i know it was hard hehe have a merry christmas!

Lion70 i know our teams are historic rivals but i just dont get not being happy we won it. Im of the mind if you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best. Last year we got destroyed by la vega and i wouldve not been happy if they lost the ship. Thanks for the kind words tho i know it was hard hehe have a merry christmas!

Enjoy your Ship and don't let the trolls get too you. It's y'alls time to celebrate before the Christmas holiday.

+1. If you are going to lose to someone you want to make sure it is to the best.

Enjoy your Ship and don't let the trolls get too you. It's y'alls time to celebrate before the Christmas holiday.

oh yeahhhh thanks hahaha im just trying to get him to say But WE'RE the best!! Woof Wooof Wooof Carthage Bulldogs 2016 Class 4a D1 State Champs baby!!!!!!

Congrats to Carthage on a crazy playoff run that comes to an end with title number 5. Unbelievable! I admit I did not believe this team had what it takes to win it this year, but here they are on top again. Amazing job by Surratt and staff! How tough was region 3? I think Henderson, Stafford, Kilgore, El Campo and Silsbee all would have had a decent shot against Abilene Wiley today.

WOW! Just got home & already re-watching this amazing game that I recorded on Dish! There's no telling How Many times I will replay this game until next September when we start this party up once more! Down 14-0 in the first quarter to Win BY 14 at the final bell speaks to the Heart, the Dedication & Determination These Carthage Bulldogs possess... ANYBODY that thinks or says this Defense hasn't improved throughout the regular season & throughout this Phenomenal Playoff season simply doesn't know what the heck they're talking about, & to Underestimate the Dawgs under Surratt, Preston et al, is to go on a Fool's errand! These guys Live & Breathe the game of Football! They Shine in the Second half! When the Chips are Down, these Dawgs RISE to meet the Challenge & pull out the Win, if only by the Slimmest margin of Victory! BUT, as Scott Surratt has said Many times in Chalk Talk... "It only takes One point to SURVIVE & ADVANCE..." And That has been the prevailing Theme of these Perpetual "UnderDawgs!" I LOVE being the Underdog, because Overconfidence & Arrogance has sent many of our opponents to basketball practice early, while The Dawgs continue to win Football Games all the way into mid December, & now the dream of a Fifth Crown has become REALITY! Congratulations, Dawgs, It's been a Hell of a Ride to Glory!😋 👑👑👑👑👑 🏆

Congrats to Carthage on a crazy playoff run that comes to an end with title number 5. Unbelievable! I admit I did not believe this team had what it takes to win it this year, but here they are on top again. Amazing job by Surratt and staff! How tough was region 3? I think Henderson, Stafford, Kilgore, El Campo and Silsbee all would have had a decent shot against Abilene Wiley today.

According to the final regular season rankings, Carthage beat three teams in the top 10. Henderson (#10), China Spring (#6), and Abilene Wylie (#9).