4A Division 1 State Championship Game: Carthage vs Abilene Wylie @ AT&T

CarthDawg77

State Final  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins????

The scary thing is, the Dawgs could be better next year.

All the super star juniors are coming back and what maybe one of the best O lines in the state.

Did any of you notice the size of the freshmen and sophomore linemen on the side line. They could average 6'4 280 lbs.

I am big time excited what next year could bring.

This Dawg team showed all the young players what hard work and dedication can bring, along with the best high school coach and staff in Texas.

Okay, well, I love me some Carthage Bulldawgs! I wanted to be at AT&T stadium, but, because of a prior very important commitment, I wasn't at this game. I can promise you I watched it on TV and what a game! I hollered at the TV almost as much as I would have at the game in person! Coach Surratt told me, at the first scrimmage, when I asked him how he and his family was doing, 'We're are horrible, just horrible.' I said coach, I am asking about your family! He said, "Oh, we doing great!" The 'horrible' comment was talking about this team.

I learned a long time ago that you do shorten a Scott Surratt Bulldawgs' team. What a great bunch of kids! Scott 2nd championship run was not great in a scrimmage I was at, and I said, "Well one championship is better than none at all." I never dreamed of 5 rings! Congratulations on another great run. Surratt told me if he could get through 2014 and 15 he thought Carthage would make another run. In both of those years they went deep into the playoffs and now we're at the beginning of a possible run again! Wished I could have been there for the excitement! Congratulation to Abilene Wylie for a great year! Nothing to hang your head about! The Dawgs just capitalized on a great defensive stand, with 6 turnovers in their hands.

I am proud to be a Bulldawgs backer! Super season.....

Who Trolling I didn't . Some others will come up with excuses or accusations. For the most part Smoaky been free from that . Carthage is the champ . I have accepted it but am not excited about it.

I am glad that you have accepted the fact that we are the Champions. I only have one question for you. How do like our defense now? This is the same defense that you were bashing for several games, defense wins the big games. Go Dawgs!!!
  • Like 1

Lion70, I can remember a time when you supported you district. Henderson had a great team and Carthage was fortunate to beat your team in Longview. The Dawgs represented the district. If Henderson had of been there and won, I can promise you the Bulldawgs' fans would have been there to support Ya'll and if you won, we would have been happy for you. To me, reading many of your comments over the past few weeks, you have been a very sore sport. That, in ways, kinda shocks me in you. Because, up to this year, you have always supported your district...rival or no rival.......

I'm not a hater, and I am not trying to hate on you! Ya'll have one of the greatest coaches in Henderson, whom I personally know. He is a great Christian man, and coach. As David Smoaks said not to far back.....'Wins are great and so are championships. But, what kind of young men graduate and learn from their mentoring from their coaches is what's most important."

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas. Maybe that will pick your attitude up a little...... :)

• Like 1

Congratualtions to Carthage!

Great win. They made big plays and capitalized on mistakes throughout. Many parts of the game unfolded as I thought they might.

I didn't think Wylie would turn it over 6 times, but it was a testimony to both teams that it was a one score game with 8 minutes to play.

Kinda hard to understand why Wylie got tired when they had about 80 kids suited up... You'd think they'd have put some fresh kids in the game instead of playing the same kids both ways for half the game.... Js.

“This one is special, coming from where we came from. We may not win many track meets but we’ll win some football games. We have a lot of great football players but it’s just everyone playing so hard. This is right at the top of any of them.”

I like this quote from Surratt. Everybody talking about East Texas speed. That is not how Carthage wins ball games!

Final Thoughts on Carthage vs AW SC Game:

AW - 17 total points. Avg 39 per game on season

AW - 6 turnovers. And everyone was worried about Carthage turning the ball over after the CS game last week!

AW - 73 total rushing yards. Avg 254 per game in season.

AW - All five possessions in 2nd half resulted in a turnover

AW - 4 of 6 second half passes were intercepted

Dawgs - 31 points is 2nd most scored on AW all year and most by any 4A D1 team. Just shy of Carthage per game avg of 34.

Dawgs - 1 turnover

Dawgs - 201 total rushing yards, 180 by Ingram. AW was only allowing 150 per game.

Dawgs - 3 punts w/ a 40.3 yard avg. This stat will go under the radar but it was important for field position.

Final Thoughts on Carthage vs AW SC Game:

AW - 17 total points. Avg 39 per game on season

AW - 6 turnovers. And everyone was worried about Carthage turning the ball over after the CS game last week!

AW - 73 total rushing yards. Avg 254 per game in season.

AW - All five possessions in 2nd half resulted in a turnover

AW - 4 of 6 second half passes were intercepted

Dawgs - 31 points is 2nd most scored on AW all year and most by any 4A D1 team. Just shy of Carthage per game avg of 34.

Dawgs - 1 turnover

Dawgs - 201 total rushing yards, 180 by Ingram. AW was only allowing 150 per game.

Dawgs - 3 punts w/ a 40.3 yard avg. This stat will go under the radar but it was important for field position.

Held them to less than half their average on offense. And scored more than double the average they gave up on defense this season. I said it before, you can win a bunch of ball games like that.

• Like 1

Held them to less than half their average on offense. And scored more than double the average they gave up on defense this season. I said it before, you can win a bunch of ball games like that.

Yes you did and I agreed with your math every time! And going +5 on the turnover margin in the SC is unheard of.

Who Trolling I didn't . Some others will come up with excuses or accusations. For the most part Smoaky been free from that . Carthage is the champ . I have accepted it but am not excited about it.

Either you come on here and congradulate them or you don;t come on here at all. That's the right thing too do but we all know that can be hard for you to comprehend at times.

Either you come on here and congradulate them or you don;t come on here at all. That's the right thing too do but we all know that can be hard for you to comprehend at times.

You don't come on Smoaky with false information either, practice what you preach!