4A-DII state final WOS VS SWEETWATER

wos96

State Final  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

• West Orange-Stark
    • Sweetwater

Okay, I'll admit to your superior knowledge of HS football, but I can't buy into this, Sweetwater is going to beat WOS deal. On the little video I've watched, I haven't seen them play the defensive speed they'll see Friday. That RT on offense could play in college now lol. Just think the WOS D will go around him before he knows the balls snapped.

But as blackflag said above, several turnovers can make a big difference. And anything is possible, as 1-6 Channelview beating Central in basketball Friday proves.

That flew right over your head. Other folks know exactly what im getting at. ;)

Computers don't like old, senile people :P

I know. :)

Real question is will Sweetwater score.

I'm starting to think that Loins middle name is troll.

Yes, I think Sweetwater will score. I do not think they will win. WOS plays hardnose football, never quits and never gets shook. Their conditioning has them hitting as hard, and running as fast in the 4th quarter, as they did in the 1st quarter.

The only thing that keeps me from saying Sweetwater can win, besides the obvious, is that they don't have a very good running game, especially against good run defenses. They will have to pass a lot. Undoubtedly, that will lead to mistakes. I think Gilmer "should've" ran the ball more against them, especially considering Poppy was off a little. West Orange-Stark won't have the same problems Gilmer had, in my opinion. Unlike Gilmer, WO-S is very fundamentally sound on defense. I think Sweetwater will have to have an almost perfect game, along with several WO-S mistakes, to have any chance of taking down the defending champs.

blackflag I think u are right that sweetwater cant beat WO (not going to happen) I don't think gilmer or sweetwater could

beat them this year I think they will win by 28 points or more they are just that good,honestly I don't even think Carthage could

play against this team this year.

I never seen a bigger underdog in a State Championship. I thought Henderson had it bad against Chapel Hill in 2010. The record is 59-0 Highland park over Marshall so I don't think that's in jeopardy.

Even if WO-S "could" beat Sweetwater that bad they wouldn't. The coaches have too much class and respect to let that happen. I'm pretty sure it would be the same way if Sweetwater was that big of a favorite.

Even if WO-S "could" beat Sweetwater that bad they wouldn't. The coaches have too much class and respect to let that happen. I'm pretty sure it would be the same way if Sweetwater was that big of a favorite.

You nailed it blackflag. Coach T at WOS will have his JV in well before a 59-0 score gets close.

On another game, just saw Refugio beat Crawford 23-20 on a short FG with 11 sec left. Great SC game.