Troup responds to D Alexander suit

Crankshaft

Hafta be tough to play foe DA, and don't expect to run the spread.. Old school is correct. Discipline is a must and hard core is a bonus. Wonder what Troup thought they were gettin when they hired coach A? Somebody who was gon do what they tolt? .. Hahahaha

I wonder what DA was thinking going to Troup? They canned the coach that they have rehired now. Looks like there one board election away from firing again. I don't think they had any reason other than hearsay and butt hurt board members to fire DA. Time to pay up Troup.
  • Like 2

^^^^ Here's another question that maybe someone much wiser than myself can answer... If Troup I.S.D. Has Legal Council on their payroll... & I would Have to believe they do, & IF that Council recommends that the School Board terminate the employment of an employee for Cause based upon the information provided to the attorney(s), is the Board in anyway Bound to follow the advice of Council? If so, why? If not, why not?

^^^^ Here's another question that maybe someone much wiser than myself can answer... If Troup I.S.D. Has Legal Council on their payroll... & I would Have to believe they do, & IF that Council recommends that the School Board terminate the employment of an employee for Cause based upon the information provided to the attorney(s), is the Board in anyway Bound to follow the advice of Council? If so, why? If not, why not?

I can answer that, no you do not have to follow council advice. Of course 9 times out of 10 probably would be best if you did.

​I remember going to watch the awesome D'field Tigers play back in the cold weather nights of the early 1980s and I think Coach Alexander has no equal among his peers in football. I fully support him. The Troup school board has some serious problems. First off, it is highly unethical for two board members who are related to be sitting on that board at the same time they are a party in a lawsuit in which one of the school's employees is also a party. Secondly, it does appear that the same board, did in fact, retaliate against Greer for simply obeying his duty as a citizen and as a deponent in the case. Third, the degree to which the TEA and its member schools are in bed with each other in lieu of seeking neutral justice for all parties is also extremely disturbing. Fourth, the fact that there was an ENTIRE TEAM on the field during that practice, yet no one except the complainant claims anything happened makes it obvious that there is something very, very wrong with the allegation. Fifth, the board and superintendent likely obstructed justice when they ordered the other 3 teachers who had been subpoenaed to stay in their classrooms instead of fulfilling their lawful duty to appear. The board has no right to regard Alexander as an authoritarian, when the board members themselves are authoritarian and each successive act they commit proves it.

• Like 1

You make some very compelling points, namely the two people with the same last name serving on the board, for starters... Also, having teachers remain in their classrooms instead of being deposed, also. I know Mr. Bird from his time here at CISD & this seems Completely out of character for the person I knew then. Hopefully, when the truth comes out & it is all said & done, he will be exonerated of any wrongdoing; I sure hope so.

You make some very compelling points, namely the two people with the same last name serving on the board, for starters... Also, having teachers remain in their classrooms instead of being deposed, also. I know Mr. Bird from his time here at CISD & this seems Completely out of character for the person I knew then. Hopefully, when the truth comes out & it is all said & done, he will be exonerated of any wrongdoing; I sure hope so.

​A superintendent has to obey the will of the school board. And it seems there are at least 2 on that board that hold some sway in that little town. If a judge finds out that Bird and the 2 members were involved in ordering the teachers to stay in their rooms, then that judge should issue an arrest warrant for obstruction of justice. Legal powers are over school personnel and they must abide by subpoenas. It's not their " choice" There may also be a possible charge for intimidation and misuse of a public office by school officials. The lawyer that DA has seems like he isn't the kind to be trifled with. And Troup' ISD had better hope it can find a really good Dallas law firm to extract them from their missteps.

​I remember going to watch the awesome D'field Tigers play back in the cold weather nights of the early 1980s and I think Coach Alexander has no equal among his peers in football. I fully support him. The Troup school board has some serious problems. First off, it is highly unethical for two board members who are related to be sitting on that board at the same time they are a party in a lawsuit in which one of the school's employees is also a party. Secondly, it does appear that the same board, did in fact, retaliate against Greer for simply obeying his duty as a citizen and as a deponent in the case. Third, the degree to which the TEA and its member schools are in bed with each other in lieu of seeking neutral justice for all parties is also extremely disturbing. Fourth, the fact that there was an ENTIRE TEAM on the field during that practice, yet no one except the complainant claims anything happened makes it obvious that there is something very, very wrong with the allegation. Fifth, the board and superintendent likely obstructed justice when they ordered the other 3 teachers who had been subpoenaed to stay in their classrooms instead of fulfilling their lawful duty to appear. The board has no right to regard Alexander as an authoritarian, when the board members themselves are authoritarian and each successive act they commit proves it.

Stay Tuned for Greer vs. TISD

• Like 1

This is what it has come to folks. Simple as that! Now, what we have these days are those that feel entitled and think because they are elected to these positions they can do whatever in the hell they want with a coach, teacher, or administrator. They have little regard in realizing that these people do this for their living and it is their JOB! Their paycheck! Too many community members and elected board members see it as their hobby like that of a summer select coach. Communities and school district need to start taking note that some of these people are going to start fighting back. Yes, it has been going on for years, but with social media now and with soooooo many school districts acting this way when disgruntled about little Johnny, and little Susie, these professionals have been backed into a corner just as DA has been now. Why, well when this kind of slander is made more public through social media it kills them when trying to look for another position. In the past if you sued a school district, you could count on being black balled from other opportunities. Well today, even without filing suit you get black balled because of the wide spread attention something like this brings. Honestly, I wish him and others who have a good case the best of luck and hope more start fighting back. School districts and loud mouthed community/board members need to start being held accountable as much as the employees are. Just because Johnny, Susie, mommie, daddy, aunta, or gramps doesn't like the coach, it does not give one single right to rid them of their job and reputation. Rock on DA and hope you and your attorney nail their to the wall.

• Like 2

This is what it has come to folks. Simple as that! Now, what we have these days are those that feel entitled and think because they are elected to these positions they can do whatever in the hell they want with a coach, teacher, or administrator. They have little regard in realizing that these people do this for their living and it is their JOB! Their paycheck! Too many community members and elected board members see it as their hobby like that of a summer select coach. Communities and school district need to start taking note that some of these people are going to start fighting back. Yes, it has been going on for years, but with social media now and with soooooo many school districts acting this way when disgruntled about little Johnny, and little Susie, these professionals have been backed into a corner just as DA has been now. Why, well when this kind of slander is made more public through social media it kills them when trying to look for another position. In the past if you sued a school district, you could count on being black balled from other opportunities. Well today, even without filing suit you get black balled because of the wide spread attention something like this brings. Honestly, I wish him and others who have a good case the best of luck and hope more start fighting back. School districts and loud mouthed community/board members need to start being held accountable as much as the employees are. Just because Johnny, Susie, mommie, daddy, aunta, or gramps doesn't like the coach, it does not give one single right to rid them of their job and reputation. Rock on DA and hope you and your attorney nail their ###### to the wall.

Do you think there is ever a sense of entitlement among coaches that have been in the business for awhile or have been allowed to do whatever they want without any oversight or accountability? Part of that job is accountability to the community, student-athletes, other coaches and school board. When I re-read the threads, I see people reliving their own glory days and idolizing a coach who often cussed them or treated them with very little respect. I doubt they had the same feelings as players and I'm sure there are plenty out there who do not want their own children to experience that type of "character building."

Do you think there is ever a sense of entitlement among coaches that have been in the business for awhile or have been allowed to do whatever they want without any oversight or accountability? Part of that job is accountability to the community, student-athletes, other coaches and school board. When I re-read the threads, I see people reliving their own glory days and idolizing a coach who often cussed them or treated them with very little respect. I doubt they had the same feelings as players and I'm sure there are plenty out there who do not want their own children to experience that type of "character building."

He treated people working for him like #### too... and don't get me wrong, I don't have a side in this... I think school boards have too much influence in things that they should not... I also think ADs/HFCs can have too much power as well... not sure what the right balance is, but either way, this guy was rude crude and dismissive of a lot of people that tried helping him along the way for me to just give him a pass because of a couple hundred football wins or whatever...

• Like 1

It seems that there are a lot of school boards coming under fire as of late, and many deservedly so. The dynamics of school board members and administrators with kids in the program, boards who hire "kinfolk", and generational representation of one family on a board is a formula that a lot of unsuccessful programs use throughout the state. Like any other "elected" position, there is always the threat of corruptibility when there is no accountability.

It seems that there are a lot of school boards coming under fire as of late, and many deservedly so. The dynamics of school board members and administrators with kids in the program, boards who hire "kinfolk", and generational representation of one family on a board is a formula that a lot of unsuccessful programs use throughout the state. Like any other "elected" position, there is always the threat of corruptibility when there is no accountability.

Exactly... I can't even keep up with how many QBs and Varsity cheerleaders that I know that made varsity bc of a supt or school board member...

I wonder what DA was thinking going to Troup? They canned the coach that they have rehired now. Looks like there one board election away from firing again. I don't think they had any reason other than hearsay and butt hurt board members to fire DA. Time to pay up Troup.

Money. That's what your retirement is based off of. Someone may no the specifics on how many years back it goes but that was the reason.

Agreed on this one point. Talk to the TEA about it. They aren't acting very mature or professional these days.

The tea would hate talking time about issues since I'm not teaching or working at a school district right now :lol:

​A superintendent has to obey the will of the school board. And it seems there are at least 2 on that board that hold some sway in that little town. If a judge finds out that Bird and the 2 members were involved in ordering the teachers to stay in their rooms, then that judge should issue an arrest warrant for obstruction of justice. Legal powers are over school personnel and they must abide by subpoenas. It's not their " choice" There may also be a possible charge for intimidation and misuse of a public office by school officials. The lawyer that DA has seems like he isn't the kind to be trifled with. And Troup' ISD had better hope it can find a really good Dallas law firm to extract them from their missteps.

I'll put it this way, I've seen him in action and I would pay to go watch him when these board members get put on the stand.

• Like 2

He treated people working for him like #### too... and don't get me wrong, I don't have a side in this... I think school boards have too much influence in things that they should not... I also think ADs/HFCs can have too much power as well... not sure what the right balance is, but either way, this guy was rude crude and dismissive of a lot of people that tried helping him along the way for me to just give him a pass because of a couple hundred football wins or whatever...

Do you think he just started being this way when he got to Troup? No! There board and supt hired him. They are accountable for what is happening too. Times are different now and he's an old school coach. Many of the old coaches 30 or 40 years ago would be going through these same things if they were still around. Many would be fired. Troup knew what they were hiring and then when I came down to there own kid, it all turned around. Most kids feared him to some degree but played there butts off for him and all enjoyed the success they had. When the dust settled, he was a great guy and then the respect grew for him. He has turned many kids into men over the years. Produced many successful coaches that at one time he was very hard on. Let's just face the truth. Times have changed and we all have become very soft. I'm going to say that I only wish my kids could have played for him because it would have made my job much easier as a parent. But who am I, just another old school person that sits back and watches these kids show no respect to parents, coaches, teachers, referees etc. Makes me sick!

The tea would hate talking time about issues since I'm not teaching or working at a school district right now :lol:

​It's probably better for you that you aren't because the TEA is having a great amount of trouble recruiting and retaining any teachers anyways. I'm still teaching, but I'm not under their domain, thank goodness. It's sad that the colleges are not honest about what these idealistic and innocent education majors will likely face when they get their first teaching job. This is my 20th year teaching; I've seen it all just about. My father was also a school board member for several terms so I also have an insider's view.