Aledo's freshman RB Jase McClellan

Sportsfanatic1

Don't see this very often in 5A football. The kid is 5'11" 185 pounds and runs a 4.5 40. I think he's still only 14 years old.

JM9® retweeted
Damon Sayles
@DamonSayles
Dec 10
How many freshmen RBs do you know who rush for 200-plus in a state semifinal? Jase McClellan from @Aledo_Football is the truth. #txhsfb

Stud. Not sure whats in the water in Aledo. Wasn't the kid that broke most of the high school rushing records from Aledo. I believe he started as a Freshman as well.

Cant think of his name but he went to Texas and never lived up to expectations.

J Gray had 2 ACL tears and no OLine... but out here in Aledo, we benefit from 2 things... great coaching and a great community that people want to live in. I could expand and bore you with details, but let's just leave it as an ideal community to live in

• Like 2

Aledo is just a factory. I'm at the state championship games now, and an Aledo fan just told me that their 7th grade, 8th grade, freshman, JV a and b team and varsity all run the same exact system, and they combined to have one loss. The head coach is said to be at a lot of the games at all levels. Insane.

Aledo is just a factory. I'm at the state championship games now, and an Aledo fan just told me that their 7th grade, 8th grade, freshman, JV a and b team and varsity all run the same exact system, and they combined to have one loss. The head coach is said to be at a lot of the games at all levels. Insane.

That's what it takes from the 7th grade level up. We see it in Carthage. Henderson is all about the varsity team.

That's what it takes from the 7th grade level up. We see it in Carthage. Henderson is all about the varsity team.

Too many schools are... they dumb down the playbook at lower levels... my final yr at Marshall, our 9th grade team had a completely different set of plays they ran separate from varsity... it was so weird and almost dysfunctional... and for 7-varsity to pile up that record... can wait to hear how Aledo starts recruiting 4th graders :D

• Like 3

Too many schools are... they dumb down the playbook at lower levels... my final yr at Marshall, our 9th grade team had a completely different set of plays they ran separate from varsity... it was so weird and almost dysfunctional... and for 7-varsity to pile up that record... can wait to hear how Aledo starts recruiting 4th graders :D

When was your last year at Marshall?

It's not like what he said isn't true. No doubt he was a beast in Aledo, but for all the hype and records he broke, he had a very subpar college career.

That's what I was thinking. They hyped him like the next Earl or Ricky. Can't remember his stats, but not sure if he even had a 1000 yard season. I could be wrong, but don't remember anything special out of him.

That's what I was thinking. They hyped him like the next Earl or Ricky. Can't remember his stats, but not sure if he even had a 1000 yard season. I could be wrong, but don't remember anything special out of him.

It wasn't because lack of talent on his part. Both he and Malcolm Brown underachieved largely due to the fact they played on bad teams IMO. Either of those guys on OU or Alabama would've been Doakworthy.