Hendo Stadium Renovation

EnjoyLife

I still in disbelief that this is happening. Thanks to the staff ( jumbotron/turf ) and Mr Ash for making this possible. Looking forward to hosting Playoffs games. Henderson is in the middle of East Texas so probably a good choice.

Looks great! Be very careful about promoting playoff games however, because you will be accused of 'promoting', 'advertising' and 'begging'. LOL!

Personally, I think it is great for your school, your community, your booster club and the general economy of your area to "invite" teams and for your school to host playoffs.

It does look very nice and it is definitely something to be proud of and to even brag about. After all, most of the construction is due in part by the taxpayers of Henderson ISD. Unless it was a total donation of funding and that is great also and is an incentive for the tax payers to invest in further improvements, if any are needed.

Also it is the perfect place and time to showcase the Henderson Lion and community hospitality. That, more than the facility itself, is what an invitation to host is all about. It is also one of the reasons that teams will return.

What will the seating capacity be on the visitors and the home side?

• 3 months later...

They have started pouring the slab for the new locker rooms, restrooms and concession stand. Also the vistors stands are gone. I thought they were just going to be extended lengthwise but I guess they will be all new.

I also heard they were going to build an exact replica of the old mens restroom for the private use of Carthdawg77 after hearing how much he liked "the trough" :)

• Like 1

They have started pouring the slab for the new locker rooms, restrooms and concession stand. Also the vistors stands are gone. I thought they were just going to be extended lengthwise but I guess they will be all new.

I also heard they were going to build an exact replica of the old mens restroom for the private use of Carthdawg77 after hearing how much he liked "the trough" :)

:lol:

Gotta have some where to drink...

• 2 months later...

Dont know what remains to be done on the inside but they are starting to brick the outside. Still no visitors stands. 9 1/2 weeks until first home kickoff. Looks like it is going to come down to the last minute like the turf did a couple years ago.

I have always wondered if they should remove the track, which would allow more room for larger visitor stands. (although I guess with the new turf, they wouldn't want to have to reconfigure the field.)

How many track meets does Henderson host? Would a new track somewhere near the high school suffice?

The new visitors stands will be a nice change! But, for some strange reason, dreading the small stands when traveling to Henderson always added to the heated atmosphere of the game.

I would have loved to relocate the track and push the stands forward. When this renovation is finished our old stadium will be pretty nice. You guys might need to think about a face lift for R.E. St John pretty soon. Btw... Im still hurting from that game winning TD pass with 26 seconds left last season lol

• Like 1