Hendo Stadium Renovation

EnjoyLife

I have always wondered if they should remove the track, which would allow more room for larger visitor stands. (although I guess with the new turf, they wouldn't want to have to reconfigure the field.)

How many track meets does Henderson host? Would a new track somewhere near the high school suffice?

The new visitors stands will be a nice change! But, for some strange reason, dreading the small stands when traveling to Henderson always added to the heated atmosphere of the game.

6 lane track.Can't hold any kind of district meets here. More or less a practice joint.

Ol R.E St. John is about to get some new lights and new light poles....prolly be about as close as we gonna get to any kind of facelift for now...unless someone generously throws in some cash ;)

Well, there's surely some ol' benevolent aging oil baron still living in Kilgore just sitting on a bale of $100 dollar bills who likes watching a little Texas High School Football, don'tcha recon?.....

Well, there's surely some ol' benevolent aging oil baron still living in Kilgore just sitting on a bale of $100 dollar bills who likes watching a little Texas High School Football, don'tcha recon?.....

Money is not really the issue..... there's more than enough to do everything that needs doing. It's just hard to convince those who are in control of the money to give up a lot of it at one time. Sharing the stadium with KC doesn't make things any easier to get approved. We got the video board a year or two ago, we get new lights this year. The new baseball/softball complex should be ready soon which means (hopefully) they can make a parking lot where the current one is. After that it's new bathrooms on both sides, improved seating/handrails, pressbox (ADA compliant, of course), and an updated facade at the entrance. Cue the ole Johnny Cash song.... "I got her one piece at a time..."

• Like 1

Money is not really the issue..... there's more than enough to do everything that needs doing. It's just hard to convince those who are in control of the money to give up a lot of it at one time. Sharing the stadium with KC doesn't make things any easier to get approved. We got the video board a year or two ago, we get new lights this year. The new baseball/softball complex should be ready soon which means (hopefully) they can make a parking lot where the current one is. After that it's new bathrooms on both sides, improved seating/handrails, pressbox (ADA compliant, of course), and an updated facade at the entrance. Cue the ole Johnny Cash song.... "I got her one piece at a time..."

Is baseball no longer using Driller Park?

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.hendersondailynews.com/news/lion-stadium-construction-runs-behind-architect-says/article_af3ce28a-671f-11e7-bf2c-d7fdcb09c1d9.html

"Construction of a new field house at Lion Stadium is about 61 percent complete, but that’s behind schedule, according to a Claycomb Associates architect on hand for Tuesday’s regular monthly trustee meeting for Henderson Independent School District.

“It’s a little bit slower than we thought,” said Marc Rauzi of Claycomb, the Dallas firm that designed the field house as well as the new Henderson Middle School.

Original plans called for construction at the stadium to be completed by Aug. 13. That’s now been pushed farther back, perhaps as late as Labor Day, Sept. 4, four days before the Lions host Tatum for their varsity home opener"

Drove by and the sideline to sideline visitor section is almost complete. I highly doubtful any team will struggle to seat their fans.

Yep...looking good. Now maybe those folks from Carthage and Kilgore will stop their complaining "The stands are wobbling" ..."Why is that held together with duct tape?"..."Does that look like termites to you?"...bunch of crybabies.

• Like 1

Ol R.E St. John is about to get some new lights and new light poles....prolly be about as close as we gonna get to any kind of facelift for now...unless someone generously throws in some cash ;)

New lights? Good deal. Now maybe the pictures won't come out yellow.

• 2 weeks later...

the stands will be ready but maybe not the fieldhouse . I wouldn't be surprised too see Tatum/Hendo use the middle school lockerrooms. Not ideal but doable . Obviously a lot of works needs to be done but the visting section looks almost finished.

You probably aren't even aware of it, but you just used the word "to" correctly for the first time ever; Now try "too".......😜
  • Like 3

Language is important.

If I new the difference between to, too, and two....... I wood probably use it sew people wood not think eye was uneducated. It affects how others sea you're intelligence.

#countthemistakes

I'm gonna miss the urinal trough in the visitor men's room.

We have it installed...I'm sure it will be non-functional on the 18th (2-1/2 weeks away) when you make the journey to Jeff Traylor for our scrimmage...wear your knee ruubers

the stands will be ready but maybe not the fieldhouse . I wouldn't be surprised too see Tatum/Hendo use the middle school lockerrooms. Not ideal but doable . Obviously a lot of works needs to be done but the visting section looks almost finished.

It would be a shame if the construction was not completed by the home opener.

• 5 weeks later...