Hendo Stadium Renovation

EnjoyLife

23 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Man that drive to PG is for the birds 

drive from south is way mo betta since DOT four laned 59 and drive from west is simple on I30..parking not good once you arrive but the drive is ok

that texarkana/eastoftyler drive is the one for the birds...

1 hour ago, JR88 said:

Looks like we’re in last place on stadium upgrades. The only iconic look of our stadium was the ivy that lined the front entrance.

But someone trimmed it too short and killed it I think. 

Whatever happened with the proposal to do an upgrade? I thought they were supposed to get rid of the old summer league fields and put in new parking, track, etc., once the new baseball complex was done?

4 hours ago, JR88 said:

Looks like we’re in last place on stadium upgrades. 

R.E. St John could certainly use a facelift... but I cant say to much...Lion Stadiums upgrades would probably have ended with the turf and video board if not for a private donation. If Kilgore does do an upgrade I hope they keep the name. Dont know how many know the story but Mr R.E. St John was a coach at kilgore. He enlisted in the navy right after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor and lost his life in the North Atlantic in defense of this nation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

R.E. St John could certainly use a facelift... but I cant say to much...Lion Stadiums upgrades would probably have ended with the turf and video board if not for a private donation. If Kilgore does do an upgrade I hope they keep the name. Dont know how many know the story but Mr R.E. St John was a coach at kilgore. He enlisted in the navy right after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor and lost his life in the North Atlantic in defense of this nation. 

They need to keep the name , so that his memory & his sacrifice will never be forgotten...🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

• Like 2

• 1 month later...