District 11-2A (D-I) Football

upullinmychain

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Yea, I just don't know about Joaquin next year.. Maybe we should just forfeit the Alto and SA games...

We are gonna be tiny on the lines, with a bunch of kids that are not scrappy at all and scared of contact, and will be the slowest team we have ever had..

Injuries hurt Joaquin every year...would be nice to see them make the playoffs

• Like 1

Yall Mite be a little bit surprised at Carlisle this year, things are changing and evolving, old faces at new places so to speak. And yeah, like everyone else we got some move in /transfer student athletes that will bolster that pesky jv that some always worry bout on here. Was told last night that this season upcoming may be the best team we've ever fielded.... I'll just leave that there because that's a mouth full. I know we have three or four players that will be as explosive as any in the district, and being a year older won't hurt, as always I'm absolutely sure the season will rest in the interior lines and their ability to gell and play as a unit, as for my personal take on all of it? I believe Rocky has his machine rolling and will be hard to beat, I think we will finish in one of the top couple slots in our district. Yep, another meat grinder of a district... Whoever is healthy at the end goes a long way, maybe to Jerry world?

It will be between who is healthiest come playoff time from this district and Centerville on who wins the region. No doubt! I still think Carlisle and Joaquin play for the district title again and SA and Alto play for 3rd and 4th again. But it could very easily be the very opposite of that however!

Carlisle and Joaquin beat Alto handily last season and Joaquin beat SA even worse than that...can't really count the Carlisle and SA game due to the situation surrounding that district game...but Carlisle did beat them in the playoffs. Then Alto beat SA in a shootout in SA. Either way it will be fun for us and stressful for all the coaches!

It will be between who is healthiest come playoff time from this district and Centerville on who wins the region. No doubt! I still think Carlisle and Joaquin play for the district title again and SA and Alto play for 3rd and 4th again. But it could very easily be the very opposite of that however!

Carlisle and Joaquin beat Alto handily last season and Joaquin beat SA even worse than that...can't really count the Carlisle and SA game due to the situation surrounding that district game...but Carlisle did beat them in the playoffs. Then Alto beat SA in a shootout in SA. Either way it will be fun for us and stressful for all the coaches!

Yall know I bleed Carlisle blue and gold, but I count that game as it stands. We went, we suited up and we got rolled, period. When you suit up to play then it counts and no excuses, we lost and it was fair and square as best I could tell from the sidelines. The next time we played them in Marshall we were a little bit better than them that particular night. That's how it goes, I personally think their secondary would have held Centerville receivers to less amazing catches, although I'm inclined to think that nobody could have held that awesome running attack in check as well as we did in Palatine that cold rainy Friday night.. Was an awesome district and played out kinda like I thought it might.. Jmho

Rivercrest still needs to prove themselves, but this team returns the district offensive and defensive MVP's and a host of all district picks. They've looked better in 7-7 than ever. Time will tell.

I wish we could schedule Rivercrest in a non district home and home. They are someone that we've never played. I like those kind of matchups.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats SA, keep rolling and do work... On a side note I'm hearing Carlisle has a couple new coaches for next year.. We welcome yall to the nation and thank you for your contributions to our student /athletes.. Contrary to popular belief, we do have Internet, 'when the wind blows right' and full time running water... Chain out... Hahaha...

• 3 weeks later...