District 11-2A (D-I) Football

upullinmychain

This was a week of "outs". We had three blowouts, two shutouts, and a shootout of sorts. Cushing went all BEASTMODE on Burkeville, 72-2. Look at them and their two game win streak. Carlisle made sure Overton still has reason to hate them with a 56-0 scalping. Garrison shutout Shelbyville 28-0. San Augustine hammered Groveton 44-7. Joaquin knocked off Lovelady 43-28, and Alto dropped a slugfest with Arp in the last minute, 28-21.

I've got ole' TrueBlue picking this district perfect this week at 6-0. What about old WHF1?

Alto dropped a slugfest with Arp in the last minute, 28-21.

If Alto can go down to the wire with Arp without all 4 starting Linebackers in the 2nd half and without Woodson in 2nd half and a limping 2a coverboy, I like our chances come district time if all these guys are back ( glad we have a bye before district ). I will also say penalties stopped us more than Arp defense, which needs to be cleaned up. Overshown is the real deal though, won't see anyone like him from here on out.

If Alto can go down to the wire with Arp without all 4 starting Linebackers in the 2nd half and without Woodson in 2nd half and a limping 2a coverboy, I like our chances come district time if all these guys are back ( glad we have a bye before district ). I will also say penalties stopped us more than Arp defense, which needs to be cleaned up. Overshown is the real deal though, won't see anyone like him from here on out.

We all know y'all are gonna be tough.

Carlisle has run as vanilla of an offense as I've ever seen in predistrict this year.. Sometimes rocky let's his defense loose and they go Bruce Lee for a couple minutes, then he reins them back in and goes pretty much mild manner Clark Kent for a quarter.. I know it sounds weird but he's like a dude with a Lamborghini, lights up them tires ever once in a while then drives below the speed limit most times.. Anybody watching film on us rite now is wasting time, every series on defense he changes personel around and swaps guys to different spots, offense is same way, run 7-8 plays then swap guys around for a while.. Be glad when district starts.. Js

Carlisle has run as vanilla of an offense as I've ever seen in predistrict this year.. Sometimes rocky let's his defense loose and they go Bruce Lee for a couple minutes, then he reins them back in and goes pretty much mild manner Clark Kent for a quarter.. I know it sounds weird but he's like a dude with a Lamborghini, lights up them tires ever once in a while then drives below the speed limit most times.. Anybody watching film on us rite now is wasting time, every series on defense he changes personel around and swaps guys to different spots, offense is same way, run 7-8 plays then swap guys around for a while.. Be glad when district starts.. Js

Y'all still in the spread?

Y'all still in the spread?

Yes sir, but it's different, it's a more pure form of the original concept of spread. If you're a student of the game you'll see what I'm talking about in film Lambo. It's not sedimentary, it flows. Think you're kinda like me, lived in th film room, so you'll get what I'm saying.. I would say it's a free-form style of spread. Clay has tweaked it to allow our guys to fit into it more comfortable this year and I really like how it rolling so far. To be honest it allows us to transition from run to pass more efficiently. We're not big on the lines this year but very quick. Told my oldest boy last night that I believe they've created the read-option spread.. Hahahaha. Fun to watch anyway, they seem to look for chinks in the armor and attack it at 100, then attack the adjustments that are made to stop us.

Seen exactly what I stated I wanted to see last night. Defensive improvement was my main concern. Saw just that. Arp's QB had Jackets in his face all night with no time to set his feet at all. Wanted to be within striking distance in the 4th. Tied with 4 minutes left. If we kill the punt instead of letting Overshown sneak in and pick it up and take off, who knows. Dropped a wide open pass in the end zone that I know the kid would love to have back too. It's football. 13 penalties with two of them for sure being unsportsmanlike hurt us. Really didn't expect to win this game, but feels good knowing we really were our own downfall last night against a team of that caliber. I look for Arp to be right there again knocking on the door for a 3A title this season