District 11-2A (D-I) Football

upullinmychain

Arp will be a 3rd or 4th place team in that district this year. 1. WR, 2.EF, then Arp, Waskom, Beckville, Troup all fighting for the last two spots. I would say Arp takes 3rd more than likely. They will play a couple of rounds if they get 3rd though because the district they catch RD 1 besides Newton is very down this year. Nobody wants to be the 4th place team.

Okay I've got all four of our teams that didn't have a bye playing up. Joaquin blew out a bad 4A team, Carlisle blew out a unbeaten 3A, SA got a solid win over middle of the pack 3A, and a banged up Alto lost a hard fought game to a 3A playoff team. I was off by one.

This week, its Joaquin hosting Hawkins, Shelbyville has HOCO vs. Corrigan-Camden, Alto hosts Rusk, Carlisle goes to Cayuga, SA travels to Overton, and I believe Cushing travels to Frankston.

I'll pick us to be 4-2, with the losses being by Shelbyville and Cushing.

So, how is the district order looking at this particular time?

San Augustine

Alto /because brutal schedule

Joaquin

Carlisle? Maybe?

Come on fourth spot... Hahahaha

I think those top four spots are wide open. It's gonna depend on each Friday night. Week 7 will tell us a lot.

What really is intriguing to me is the question of, will it take a truly balanced team to win it all this year in region and further, or will it take a power run game? Alot of teams now are using safeties as glorified linebackers to cover the spread offense, and that does not bode well to stopping power run teams. Just food for thought as the season progressed and adjustments aren't being made. Alto and Joe use somewhat power run systems alot while SA and Carlisle tend more to the spread type offense.. Just looking down the weeks as it were..

What really is intriguing to me is the question of, will it take a truly balanced team to win it all this year in region and further, or will it take a power run game? Alot of teams now are using safeties as glorified linebackers to cover the spread offense, and that does not bode well to stopping power run teams. Just food for thought as the season progressed and adjustments aren't being made. Alto and Joe use somewhat power run systems alot while SA and Carlisle tend more to the spread type offense.. Just looking down the weeks as it were..

Joaquin is throwing the ball quite a bit this year! Slip one of our speeders in behind ya thinking run , throw it to him and watch him roll . If it keeps being fine tuned , we could be very very dangerous if we are healthy