District 11-2A (D-I) Football

upullinmychain

I can't imagine only 15 kids out. How many in high school? I thought Deweyville was bad with 24.

Evadale had 48, but of course most look like midget wrestlers, but they're game.

I believe Mr. E's enrollment number is low enough to allow a drop to six-man, if they wanted to. They are in a very similar situation to Burkeville.

I believe Mr. E's enrollment number is low enough to allow a drop to six-man, if they wanted to. They are in a very similar situation to Burkeville.

That's a shame. I have an old web site that showed enrollment in 2012 (I think), and it showed them around 190. Must be some folks moving out - or the web site numbers are skewed.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

That's a shame. I have an old web site that showed enrollment in 2012 (I think), and it showed them around 190. Must be some folks moving out - or the web site numbers are skewed.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

That's not accurate. 190 would have put them in Division 1, and they've been D2 ever since the split in 2010. Even before the split, they stayed in our district forever, and they were always the smallest school in it.

I can't imagine only 15 kids out. How many in high school? I thought Deweyville was bad with 24.

Evadale had 48, but of course most look like midget wrestlers, but they're game.

My sophomore year we had 18 and played teams in our district that were White Oak, Arp, Sabine, Spring Hill...they'd have 40 to 50 players on their varsity alone...true iron man football...we went 1-9

By my senior year the numbers were up to a whopping 26 (no JV still)...went 5-5 and played the undefeated district champ to within 5 points.

I just pray that Mt Enterprise is able to field a team all year and no injuries occur to those young men who are toughing it out.

• Like 1

Them toeing the line with just 15, it earns my respect and win lose or draw, if they keep toeing that line, they will earn everyone's respect. Life lessons for their opponents, if you think you're tired in the fourth quarter then look across the field,imagine how they must feel..

• Like 1

Carlisle played state champ Big Sandy in 76. They played against Lovie Smith, David Overstreet and Gary Chalk that year. Carlisle suited up 12 players that night with only one Junior, NO SENIORS, (THEY HAD ALL QUIT EXCEPT FOR ONE, RIGHT BEFORE THE SECOND GAME OF SEASON,) The senior was in the pressbox during that game with broken ribs. The rest of us were sophomore and freshmen. 7 Freshmen started that night. That was a long night, but the next 2 years Carlisle played for the District championship. The group that got hammered that night stuck together..... there were NO QUITTERS! P.S. I played 3 quarters of that game with a dislocated elbow from tackling Overstreet, which kept me from playing basketball that year. True Story!

• Like 2

Carlisle played state champ Big Sandy in 76. They played against Lovie Smith, David Overstreet and Gary Chalk that year. Carlisle suited up 12 players that night with only one Junior, NO SENIORS, (THEY HAD ALL QUIT EXCEPT FOR ONE, RIGHT BEFORE THE SECOND GAME OF SEASON,) The senior was in the pressbox during that game with broken ribs. The rest of us were sophomore and freshmen. 7 Freshmen started that night. That was a long night, but the next 2 years Carlisle played for the District championship. The group that got hammered that night stuck together..... there were NO QUITTERS! P.S. I played 3 quarters of that game with a dislocated elbow from tackling Overstreet, which kept me from playing basketball that year. True Story!

Ripper I'd heard that particular story before, but thought it had been imbelished with time. I poligise man, yall were really allballs.. I always respect fortitude and character, especially when manifested in teenagers.. Cudos dude. Chain out.

Totally outmanned. Totally outgunned. Totally big cujones. Those 12 stand tall.

My sophomore year we had 18 and played teams in our district that were White Oak, Arp, Sabine, Spring Hill...they'd have 40 to 50 players on their varsity alone...true iron man football...we went 1-9

By my senior year the numbers were up to a whopping 26 (no JV still)...went 5-5 and played the undefeated district champ to within 5 points.

I just pray that Mt Enterprise is able to field a team all year and no injuries occur to those young men who are toughing it out.

Something inside me always pulls for, and admires an underdog. That's how America started - underdogs.

My freshman at Mount 1973 Enterprise we started season with 44, won first game against Chester. Played last 9 games with 13, all those players listed above we played against. Same District. Some long nights but we 13 practiced and suited up every Friday night.

My freshman at Mount Enterprise we started season with 44, won first game against Chester. Played last 9 games with 13, all those players listed above we played against. Same District. Some long nights but we 13 practiced and suited up every Friday night.

Good for you guys...you toughed it out when it would have been easier to lay down

I remember a game in the '90s when Carlisle played Union Hill on a Thursday night. Union Hill was undefeated, Carlisle had only 11 players suit up. In the fourth quarter, one of the Carlisle kids injured his ribs and had to leave the game, Carlisle played on with 10 for several plays before the injured player returned. Union Hill won big that night on the scoreboard, but I never forgot how those 11 Carlisle kids never quit.

• Like 1

Give me Alto, Carlisle, and SA for wins tomorrow. I'll take Tenaha over Joaquin and Elkhart over Shelbyville. QC vs. Cushing?? Who knows.

Any word on Shelbyville?? Who have they scrimmaged and how have they looked? What kinda' offense they running this year?

Give me Alto, Carlisle, and SA for wins tomorrow. I'll take Tenaha over Joaquin and Elkhart over Shelbyville. QC vs. Cushing?? Who knows.

Any word on Shelbyville?? Who have they scrimmaged and how have they looked? What kinda' offense they running this year?

I'll take your first three, as well as the Rams in an upset at The Pit. My quarter came up heads, so I say QC drops Cushing. Elkhart will beat Shelbyville. The Dragons are running a multi-formation, grab-bag type offense. They struggled against Tenaha and Palestine Westwood in their scrimmages. Time will tell.

With the backs Joe has this year, I'm thinking they take tenaha in a very very close game. Them Tigers are locked and loaded and could prolly give anybody in our district a run for their money. I actually think tenaha wins state in d-2 this year, hell they returned everybody including the water boys....12-11...16-15 kinda game.. Jmho

Thought so too, I was rite there watching and saw him catch the ball.. Offense is very explosive but defense is gonna need work, just like last year at this time. Took second half adjustment to stop that read option.. Just like last year, for or five games and they'll have it down... Hahahaha no worries tho... I left with nearly five minutes in fourth and it was 48-7 us.