District 11-2A (D-I) Football

upullinmychain

Centerville plays today.

LL was down 20-0 after first quarter. Then took the lead

22-20 with I think 40 seconds left. Had grapeland to 3rd and 15. And they hit a 45 yard to pass that we had two guys there and both miss judge the and pass and stop just to have it go over their heads. With 18 seconds left. We turn the ball over to end the game.

But we didn't look very good last night but they only had one scrimmage. So hopefully they will get it together.

Grapelands #5 killed us I think he's a freshman

Centerville plays today.

LL was down 20-0 after first quarter. Then took the lead

22-20 with I think 40 seconds left. Had grapeland to 3rd and 15. And they hit a 45 yard to pass that we had two guys there and both miss judge the and pass and stop just to have it go over their heads. With 18 seconds left. We turn the ball over to end the game.

But we didn't look very good last night but they only had one scrimmage. So hopefully they will get it together.

Grapelands #5 killed us I think he's a freshman

Freshman BJ Howard had eight receptions for 253 yards and two TDs. Only thrown to 11 times. Not used enough.

Ok, so Carlisle won big, as expected, and SA won, although not as big as some predicted. Joaquin and Alto both lost by 1 to very good teams. Shelbyville struggled against Elkhart, and Cushing got blown out by Queen City. Probably not as good a start as we wanted, but it is what it is.

This week I've got Joaquin hosting Maud, Garrison at SA, Shelbyville at Hemphill, Timpson at Carlisle, Alto at Big Sandy, and I think Cushing hosts Frankston. I think the Rams will get in the win column, and I'm picking SA, Alto, and Carlisle to win as well, although I don't see any of those games being blowouts. I think Cushing and Shelbyville will continue to struggle.

Ok, so Carlisle won big, as expected, and SA won, although not as big as some predicted. Joaquin and Alto both lost by 1 to very good teams. Shelbyville struggled against Elkhart, and Cushing got blown out by Queen City. Probably not as good a start as we wanted, but it is what it is.

This week I've got Joaquin hosting Maud, Garrison at SA, Shelbyville at Hemphill, Timpson at Carlisle, Alto at Big Sandy, and I think Cushing hosts Frankston. I think the Rams will get in the win column, and I'm picking SA, Alto, and Carlisle to win as well, although I don't see any of those games being blowouts. I think Cushing and Shelbyville will continue to struggle.

SA had stopped Hemphill on multiple 4th down plays smd had it inside of their 20 2 to 3 times and couldnt punch it in due to drops and penalties. Something we have to fix!

Alto at Big Sandy

Carlisle vs. Timpson

Cushing at Hawkins

Joaquin vs. Maud

San Augustine vs. Garrison

Shelbyville at Hemphill

Probably the only time this year I'll say this: 11AA D1 goes 6-0. Yep, I've changed my mind and I'm picking Shelbyville to beat Hemphill and Cushing to beat Hawkins. Let's hear it boys. Don't make me do all the work here.

This is Hemphill's shot to get a win this year...

I don't know Wolfman, they have Evadale at home in a couple of weeks. Things are so screwed up down here, we may be starting 50% from the ninth grade. Hosting Warren for our first game Friday. They wanted me to suit up but didn't have a jersey that would go over my stomach. I'd been one (play) and done anyway :)

I don't know Wolfman, they have Evadale at home in a couple of weeks. Things are so screwed up down here, we may be starting 50% from the ninth grade. Hosting Warren for our first game Friday. They wanted me to suit up but didn't have a jersey that would go over my stomach. I'd been one (play) and done anyway :)

Did they play last year?

Alto at Big Sandy

Carlisle vs. Timpson

Cushing at Hawkins

Joaquin vs. Maud

San Augustine vs. Garrison

Shelbyville at Hemphill

Probably the only time this year I'll say this: 11AA D1 goes 6-0. Yep, I've changed my mind and I'm picking Shelbyville to beat Hemphill and Cushing to beat Hawkins. Let's hear it boys. Don't make me do all the work here.

No way this district goes undefeated this week or any other week this year.

Alto at Big Sandy - I'll go with Sandy in an upset
Carlisle vs. Timpson - Timpson will be a handful, but Carl will pull it out
Cushing at Hawkins - Coach Evans gets his first win as Hawkins HC
Joaquin vs. Maud - Rams will horn butt the Cardinals
San Augustine vs. Garrison - SA will get by Garrison
Shelbyville at Hemphill - Hemphill gets a win this week