District 11-2A (D-I) Football

upullinmychain

So, I don't think Carlisle should be in the top 12 ish is it? Need a couple games in district before those accolades come forth, in my opinion.. And yall know I'm a die-hard Indian fan.. Gotta put a couple big scalps on the wall first, then we can talk bout top or mid.. Actions are always the best indicators of progression and deeds are in the work. Let's go get this done Indians #FEARTHESPEAR.. JS

Yeah you care, but after Joaquin runs that ball up and down every orifice a wolf has (again this year) you will care a lot less about polls, in every sense of the word

I care about the district championship...joaquin doesnt scare me. I know we are better at stopping. Im more concerned about last years district champ carlisle!

Wolfman there ain't no champ yet brother, somebody gonna hafta step up and earn that 5 piece this year.. Hard row to hoe in my opinion.. Lotta really good teams in this district and a mistake could be a disaster.. Really think coaching will be a big factor in the district title, coaches may actually hafta be perfect this year and that's a tall order. Just my opinion but I bet it rings true in week 11

• Like 1

Wolfman there ain't no champ yet brother, somebody gonna hafta step up and earn that 5 piece this year.. Hard row to hoe in my opinion.. Lotta really good teams in this district and a mistake could be a disaster.. Really think coaching will be a big factor in the district title, coaches may actually hafta be perfect this year and that's a tall order. Just my opinion but I bet it rings true in week 11

Meant to say last years lol

Ok, non-district is over and the games finally count. Carlisle and SA are both 5-0, Joaquin and Cushing 4-1, Alto and Shelbyville at 1-4.

Week 1 schedule:

Joaquin at Alto

Cushing at Carlisle

Shelbyville at San Augustine

Joaquin

Carlisle

San Augustine

Ok so Joaquin, Carlisle, and SA all move to 1-0 in district. For the record, those three are a combined 17-1 on the season, with the only loss being by one play to a team ranked in the top 5.

This week:

Joaquin at Shelbyville

Alto at Carlisle

Cushing at San Augustine

Ill take Rams, Injuns, and Wolves.

So? Is this district actually living up to the hype we all prognosticated earlier in the season?

Right now I only see one other region 3 Championship contender outside of SA, Carlisle and Joaquin. Centerville had the look of a powerhouse, until they played Mart. I think they will win District 12, but their road to region final probably goes through 3 district 11 teams.

Interesting: we dont see a matchup between any of the big 3 for another week. Joe, Carl, and SA can all basically lock down playoff spots with a win this week. Al, Shelly and Cush could turn the whole thing on its ear if they can come up with a win. Look for some razzmatazz out of those 3. I would expect Alto to pull out all the stops against Rockys crew. I still dont think it will be enough.

Any team that lines up and isn't a little leary of Alto, is either clinically insane or just a dam fool.. They may be hurt, or beat up or just down, but there is a "something" in the blood over there that just naturally makes good athletes, and to take them lightly is to set yourself up for utter failure. They may just be having a bad season, but you can bet your last dollar that Rocky Baker is coming at them like every one is healthy and they are 6-0, and the district title is on the line.. That's the only way to handle it. Anything else would be uncivilized...

On 10/21/2017 at 8:05 AM, trueblue82 said:

District standings through week 8:

San Augustine 7-0, 2-0

Joaquin 6-1, 2-0

Alto 2-5, 1-1

Carlisle 6-1, 1-1

Cushing 4-3, 0-2

Shelbyville 1-6, 0-2

Week 9 games:

Carlisle at Joaquin

San Augustine at Alto

Shelbyville at Cushing

Joaquin survived Carlisle 

San Augustine outran Alto

Shelbyville likely extended Cushing’s district winless streak to 6 years. 

Standings

1st: Tie, SA (8-0, 3-0) Joaquin (7-1, 3-0)

3rd: Alto (3-5, 2-1) 

4th: Tie Carlisle (6-2, 1-2) Shelbyville (2-6, 1-2)

6th: Cushing (4-4, 0-3)

Joaquin and SA are locked in to playoff spots. 

Next week: Joaquin at SA

Cushing at Alto (correct me if I have that backwards)

Shelbyville at Carlisle (ditto)