District 11-2A (D-I) Football

upullinmychain

Thanks to Colmesneil, we have added SA to our schedule. Maybe we can "rough'em up" before they hit district. And Daaaang, we have four D1 playoff teams from last year in our first 5 games. Not exactly the morale boosting non district schedule that some look for.

Thanks to Colmesneil, we have added SA to our schedule. Maybe we can "rough'em up" before they hit district. And Daaaang, we have four D1 playoff teams from last year in our first 5 games. Not exactly the morale boosting non district schedule that some look for.

Yeah gonna #### being 1-4 going into district...

I disagree, whether yall win them all or not, if yall go into district healthy you will be absolutely battle tested and ready for what's coming. It will in my opinion pay great dividends for Overton down the road, and in the playoffs. Yall got good size, excellent speed and damn good coaching, the upswing is obvious. Chain out....

• Like 1

I disagree, whether yall win them all or not, if yall go into district healthy you will be absolutely battle tested and ready for what's coming. It will in my opinion pay great dividends for Overton down the road, and in the playoffs. Yall got good size, excellent speed and damn good coaching, the upswing is obvious. Chain out....

It is a good test for them going into their district!

I'm not saying we'll be 1-4 pre-district, but the schedule shows it being a possibility. I'm gonna shoot for 3-2, maybe 4-1. I think the Carlisle victory will be a big boost for our guys. Chain?

Well, I do see yall getting some.. Umm... Experience tho.. Js

I'm not saying we'll be 1-4 pre-district, but the schedule shows it being a possibility. I'm gonna shoot for 3-2, maybe 4-1. I think the Carlisle victory will be a big boost for our guys. Chain?

Lay the pipe down.

THREAD HIJACK*******

September 15th ought to be a telling game. Lovelady travels to Joaquin in a pre-district regional matchup. We lost alot but still have a little something to work with. I think we will have a little different look this year. New OC, New QB, hmmmmm. Ready for this show to get started!!!!!!!!!!

THREAD HIJACK*******

September 15th ought to be a telling game. Lovelady travels to Joaquin in a pre-district regional matchup. We lost alot but still have a little something to work with. I think we will have a little different look this year. New OC, New QB, hmmmmm. Ready for this show to get started!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to this game. We lost some as well , but will have lots of speed and a good scrappy group of kids.

Chain, I made a couple of the Carlisle JV games last season. They impressed me. There should be good depth and speed in every position for the varsity this season. Very quick.

Yes sir, they tend to play up a division or so on JV, usually ready to go out the box when they make varsity.. Was some potential on last year's JV team.. Gonna be fun to watch them boys do work this year..

I see FNF didnt have us ranked..which is fine...but dont put Groveton in the top ten! SA was 2-0 against them last year, we return all of our core players plus some...Groveton lost their star player....what is the logic?

Dont ask any Groveton fans....they have been MIA since that big L in the playoffs!

• Like 1

I see FNF didnt have us ranked..which is fine...but dont put Groveton in the top ten! SA was 2-0 against them last year, we return all of our core players plus some...Groveton lost their star player....what is the logic?

Dont ask any Groveton fans....they have been MIA since that big L in the playoffs!

Hahaha, I find this hilarious, yall lost virtually no dam body, and gained some good kids, and this was from a team that was a potential regional finalist.. Guess fnf is a 2a football downlow fan boy.. We'll be lucky to get by yall this year, and I don't want to think about playing yall twice. In my honest opinion, our district is probably the most competitive in the state this year and the talent levels are thru the roof, teams are basically one bad play from sitting home come playoffs, and that team could have possibly won district in another's. I'm saying it now, no team will come out of this district undefeated this year, barring massive injury rates, and attrition. This district just has too much parity at this time, talent levels are excellent thruout the dist, and coaching is at premium levels. Again, one mistake may make or break a season.. Chain out....

Hahaha, I find this hilarious, yall lost virtually no dam body, and gained some good kids, and this was from a team that was a potential regional finalist.. Guess fnf is a 2a football downlow fan boy.. We'll be lucky to get by yall this year, and I don't want to think about playing yall twice. In my honest opinion, our district is probably the most competitive in the state this year and the talent levels are thru the roof, teams are basically one bad play from sitting home come playoffs, and that team could have possibly won district in another's. I'm saying it now, no team will come out of this district undefeated this year, barring massive injury rates, and attrition. This district just has too much parity at this time, talent levels are excellent thruout the dist, and coaching is at premium levels. Again, one mistake may make or break a season.. Chain out....

Brilliantly put, as usual, Chain.

Blu, you think it's safe to say that this is possibly the DOD of 2aD1 this year? Four possible contenders for regional title? And a chance to do more? I'm sure other districts have a couple teams that are rock solid and contenders, but we have a possible four... Just late Sunday evening pondering..

Blu, you think it's safe to say that this is possibly the DOD of 2aD1 this year? Four possible contenders for regional title? And a chance to do more? I'm sure other districts have a couple teams that are rock solid and contenders, but we have a possible four... Just late Sunday evening pondering..

I think it's possible. District 12 is very strong as well, and the district in Region 4 that I believe contains Refugio and Shiner isn't exactly a cakewalk. I personally think Centerville is the favorite to win Region 3, but they will have to beat some quality teams to get there. Dave Campbell has been badly wrong on East Texas AA districts for the last ten years. I can't remember the last time they accurately predicted a district we were in. They will be wrong again this year.

I think it's possible. District 12 is very strong as well, and the district in Region 4 that I believe contains Refugio and Shiner isn't exactly a cakewalk. I personally think Centerville is the favorite to win Region 3, but they will have to beat some quality teams to get there. Dave Campbell has been badly wrong on East Texas AA districts for the last ten years. I can't remember the last time they accurately predicted a district we were in. They will be wrong again this year.

They have the 1st and 4th spot right on! ;)