District 11-2A (D-I) Football

upullinmychain

Just crawled out out of my cave again in time for some football. Somebody give me the lowdown on The True East Texas District.

IMHO it could be a four way beat down, with the winner limping out the back side. If the winner emerges unscathed, they could take state. Sound about rite to you Blue?

IMHO it could be a four way beat down, with the winner limping out the back side. If the winner emerges unscathed, they could take state. Sound about rite to you Blue?

I feel that District 11 is very strong this year, but I think District 12, considering they went 3-2 against us in the playoffs last year, with Centerville taking the regional title, is just as good, if not better. Centerville, Lovelady, and Groveton all look tough again. As far as our district goes, there should be at least one, usually two, shonuff slobber knocker ball games each week. Starting with Joaquin at Alto, then Alto at Carlisle, then SA/ Alto and Joe/ Carl in Week 3, it ain't for the faint hearted. Staying healthy is a big key, but playing every snap like it's your last is even bigger, IMO. I'm not ready to give a prediction just yet.

I was meaning I think anyone that comes out of d11 has a chance to win state not just who wins district

I would love to agree with you, but it seems that in recent years, Region 4 has had our number. If I'm correct, the last Region 3 team to get to the state finals was Mart, and they're not in Region 3 anymore. That's a trend I'd love to see reversed.
  • Like 1

I don't know. He knocked a Logansport kid's head off the other night. For a kid 5'8" 260#, he's pretty light on his feet. But he's also strong enough that you can't block him. Very difficult to get under his pads.

It hurt me watching Bell hit that kid.

I watched Carlisle last year against centerville. I'd even say that they had the better team. But that game had some crazy plays that could have gone either way. So that score again ws was a shock I watched ws against lovelady and starters didn't play the 4th

Don't ever count Joaquin out. 11-2A would be wise to not overlook them.

I'm sure no One is... besides .maybe cushing... they're over looking everyone though. Just praying they drop to d2 next year. 😂😂

Newton, Garrison, Beckville and by some accounts dfield could be dropping into 2A D1.. Let that sink in for a minute.... What a freaking region this could become... Hahaha

It will be real interesting to see the snapshot numbers in a couple of months. It's amazing at the schools that are now in the discussion to be in Class AA. I can remember when Newton, Hemphill, San Augustine, and Daingerfield were all in Class AAA, which is now Class 4A.

Y'all have to play Hemphill before you play Garrison!

Lets see...Garrison held their own against a good Arp last week. They are a lot better than any team Hemphill can put out this year! Even though Hemphill did go 0-10 they have to be better than they were last year, but get real they arent beating this SA team.

Newton, Garrison, Beckville and by some accounts dfield could be dropping into 2A D1.. Let that sink in for a minute.... What a freaking region this could become... Hahaha

If Newton dropped to 2a, it would need a FBI investigation

If Newton drops from 289 to below 220 in 2 years, that might throw up a flag. Unless something major happened in that school or town.

If Newton drops from 289 to below 220 in 2 years, that might throw up a flag. Unless something major happened in that school or town.

yall got me to looking and it looks like Newton has grown since two years ago. I don't think they are dropping. From the TEA numbers from last year Garrison and BeckvilLe are below 220