Dream matchups you'd like to see your high school football team play?

itmoney100

On 12/13/2019 at 8:46 PM, HJR7 said:

Means absolutely nothing.  Kilgore had about 6 or 7 D1 Athletes on their Defensive alone. 

And they would have gotten destroyed by 6 or 7 TDs.

Nobody on that defense was stopping McGee or Ivory, and Kilgore offense wasnt moving the ball on Cortez Beall and those boys.

• Thanks 2
  • LOL! 1
  • Confused 1
  • Stinks 1

46 minutes ago, dhoop02 said:

PG VS TEXAS HIGH IT NEED HAPPEN BEEN WANTING THEM PLAY FOR LONG TIME IT WOULD BE GOOD GAME 

With it being somewhat difficult finding teams due to location you think they would play. Texas high just played Liberty Elyau so not much difference other than a tougher matchup.

6 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

With it being somewhat difficult finding teams due to location you think they would play. Texas high just played Liberty Elyau so not much difference other than a tougher matchup.

Every school in Texarkana, including Arkansas High, has played each other except for PG and Texas, and with the insane amount of traveling both teams have had to do, and I’ve heard Arkansas doesn’t have it easy with travel either, all the schools there would finally just say screw it and schedule every single one of each other for non-district (besides PG and LE for obvious reasons)

Texas High and Arkansas High would also both be a much better challenge for PG to get ready for district rather than the long drives like Gladewater and Chapel Hill that they blow out pretty consistently.

6 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

As I said in another thread, it is a no win situation for T High. PG is slowly growing. LE has lost students and Texas High was slightly down at the high school level. T High still gets a few PG kids, but not like in years past. In addition, both schools are already competing for the Red Lick students after middle school. There have always been some dynamics in play, and will continue to be in the future.

40 minutes ago, swaha said:

As I said in another thread, it is a no win situation for T High. PG is slowly growing. LE has lost students and Texas High was slightly down at the high school level. T High still gets a few PG kids, but not like in years past. In addition, both schools are already competing for the Red Lick students after middle school. There have always been some dynamics in play, and will continue to be in the future.

If T High and P G played —

If T High wins, no big deal, they have a much larger high school enrollment....and very likely no P G football players(or any athlete) move because of that win

If P G wins, T High looks bad and possibly lose some 7th, 8th, 9th graders to P G - those who wouldn’t lose a year of eligibility on varsity. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

If P G wins, T High looks bad and possibly lose some 7th, 8th, 9th graders to P G - those who wouldn’t lose a year of eligibility on varsity. 

PG is getting these transfers in MS now.

20 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

If T High wins, no big deal, they have a much larger high school enrollment....and very likely no P G football players(or any athlete) move because of that win

Like you said years past PG lost lots good players T-high times have changed now players wanting come too Da Grove now say let's make it happen these two teams need play have good feeling that it would be battle over at Grim maybe something workout for it happen does anyone know who PG or Texas High playing in non district or they looking for Game if so nothing better than city game on Friday Night 

1 hour ago, mTex said:

Texas High and Arkansas High would also both be a much better challenge for PG to get ready for district rather than the long drives like Gladewater that they blow out pretty consistently.

One year isn’t what most would consider consistently. Neither is that 1-1 record over the last two seasons against them. 

2 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Didn't Texas just play Liberty Eylau which is in the same Division? What is the issue?

3 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

Didn't Texas just play Liberty Eylau which is in the same Division? What is the issue?

There are more dynamics at play involving T High and PG, then T High and LE. Alot of it has to do with how PG high school came in existence over 30 years ago. With PG being limited open enrollement now, PG is a bigger threat to Texas High for students. That was not the case 3 years ago. It is a unique situation because TISD has a Stem Academy directly across the street from the PG high school. In addition, TISD built a new elementary campus less than a mile from PG high school within the last 5 years. I know some of the history but not like some of the PG guys that saw the split and HS come to frution. I will never say the two schools will not play; however, I just do not see it happening any time soon.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Dave Campbells put an update out. They project Carthage to go district 6 region 2 with bullard, brownsboro, van, wills point, canton. 

They have district 5 as north Lamar, PG, LE, gilmer, pitt, SH

I would love that! Not having to go Southeast Texas for district and playoffs!

On 12/29/2019 at 6:58 PM, ANTI said:

And they would have gotten destroyed by 6 or 7 TDs.

Nobody on that defense was stopping McGee or Ivory, and Kilgore offense wasnt moving the ball on Cortez Beall and those boys.

😂😂😂

22 hours ago, CtownBigDawg said:

You were also the one earlier this season that said we were going to get humbled again this year like Liberty Hill did us last year. How’d that work out for you? 

I have nothing but mad respect for Carthage but HP is too high of a hill to climb.

• Thanks 1

To long ago but I always wondered how the 1998 Eagles and the 1998 Aledo Bearcats would have turned out. Newton has played a lot of really good schools in the last 50 years but to my knowledge we have never played Cisco,Sonora ,Refugio,Wimberly or Cuero..Maybe even Mart  or Plesant Grove.