Week 17: Dallas @ Philadelphia

Cowboys vs Eagles  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

I think Garrett is afraid of interfering with the momentum of this team, and sticks with what works and keeps his starters in at least until the half. And maybe, just maybe, depending on the score, starts to slowly put his backups in in the 3rd. Garrett and JJ wants their name on that best record title too bad.

I think Garrett is afraid of interfering with the momentum of this team, and sticks with what works and keeps his starters in at least until the half. And maybe, just maybe, depending on the score, starts to slowly put his backups in in the 3rd. Garrett and JJ wants their name on that best record title too bad.

To not play your starters with a week off next week would be bad anyways to me... you cant let the rookies go 2 weeks without touching the ball IMHO... but I do think they should let Romo hit the field and let McFadden carry the load in the 2nd half... I would also say that you need to switch out some OL... those 5 beasts are the heart of this team and losing just 1 of them could throw a wrench in this potential playoff run.

Regular season records mean nothing it's what you do in the playoffs that matter. I liked the way they used Zeke last night with only 12 carries. I hate the Eagles, and I think they'll win, but hope they rest the stars.

Dallas 31

Philly 17

With the first round bye any starter that does not play next Sunday will have gone 20 days without playing by time the playoff game gets here. That a'int good. I would get Zeke out at half...but Dak and the rest would play all four qtrs. Cant coach scared.............

Dallas 31

filly 20

Terrell McClain, Anthony Brown, Tyron Smith, Randy Gregory, and Ryan Davis were all hurt in the Detroit game. Smith has an MCL sprain, Brown is in the concussion protocol, and Gregory may be out a few weeks. Davis was put on IR with a knee injury.

Replacing Davis on the roster is DT Robert Ashe, claimed from the Jacksonville practice squad. DT Zach Moore had previously been claimed by the 49ers.

That again leaves the DL down to 4, possibly 5 guys. If Brown is out, Carr and Scandrick return to the outside with Jones dropping down to slot, with McFadden backing up.

Replacing Tyron Smith appears to be swing tackle Emmett Cleary.

In preparation of Prescott not playing more than half the game, all three quarterbacks will be active.

Chris Jones laying the wood never gets old.

To not play your starters with a week off next week would be bad anyways to me... you cant let the rookies go 2 weeks without touching the ball IMHO... but I do think they should let Romo hit the field and let McFadden carry the load in the 2nd half... I would also say that you need to switch out some OL... those 5 beasts are the heart of this team and losing just 1 of them could throw a wrench in this potential playoff run.

You never know if a player will be injured. Oakland's playoff run probably won't be very long with Carr out. Sad thing was Oakland was up by 3 scores when he broke his leg. I want them to be healthy for the playoff run. I wouldn't even start Tyron Smith or Sean Lee.

• Like 1

How does one rest starters when one can only suit up 46 players for game day from a 53 man roster?

You can't. They can possibly rest a few guys that are most important - Dak, Zeke, and Dez (or Sean Lee). Most of these guys don't need it, and Lee simply will refuse to sit. Dez had some back injury not long ago, so sitting him might be prudent.

But as far as the lines, secondary, and linebackers, it just isn't possible. They'll be stuck playing who they have because of all the injuries.