John Tyler "Cujo" Lions 2017

cujoforlife

John Tyler will look to go further than they did in 2016. However, they have to replace key pieces of the puzzle with Smith, Miller, and Mosley gone. Fortunately, this is something that JT is use to doing. Cujo finished the season at 11-2 and 6-1 in district in "6a". Since there were some people that thought JT wouldn't have the same success as they did in 5a.

thoughts?

Lol JT beat a Lufkin team was previously 5a and average private school then beat by a superior team. Most folks had JT right where they were in the playoffs not many had them as District champions through. They overachied in that area . I expect more of the same next year.

They overachieved in district, In your eyes maybe. It wasn't a shock to any of the JT fans.

Jt will be solid as a rock in 2017. The key is QB and secondary. Expect to see some changes in some areas next year possibly. Some people can say what they want about JT'S coaches and depth, but you can NOT deny JT'S consistency and stability year in and out! Trust me those two qualities matter big time at the high school level or any level really. Look no further than the ABSOLUTE TRAIN WRECK that is Lee's football program. Lee is going to STRUGGLE MIGHTILY again next year. Anyway back to JT, JT will have good depth at the o-line and skill player positions as usual and the D will be decent returning a good amount of kids. JT will be competitive in 6A for the near future imo. Now there's going to be changes in the future coming up in TISD that I'm interested in seeing how it affects JT going forward. Tylerisd is planning to bring forward a much needed bond that will have a HUGE IMPACT on both schools.

Well you were the one saying most people didn't expect the same type season . Most folks didn't. This is a sports forum so expect more of the same next year.

Sir you disagree with anything anyone post that has nothing to do with you, but that is you.

You live to be a pain in the ?

Lol lot of folks didn't have JT as a favorite. Your probably right I do a lot for entertainment purposes. As for Jt another playoff run is what will happen.

No one outside of east Texas put much of anything into what is going on out here. That's I'm happy for ETSN.fm and etfinalscore at least we get the coverage that we need to be seen. Even the DMN stop covering East Texas and we are in district with Dallas area schools.

Will Cedar Hill Offer Coach Holmes the job?

Why? I just think they could land a bigger fish. He is a good coach, but they could go after Jeff Traylor. He hasn't landed anywhere yet. In East TX, they could go after Scott Surrat. Guy has won a state championship 50% of the time as a head coach.

I don't think Holmes will ever leave. At least that's what he said when he got the head coaching job at JT.

Question is what happened coach McGuire?

lol....dude you must not keep up with the news.... Coach McGuire took a job at Baylor with the new Coaching staff 2 weeks ago.

an never say never on someone leaving. There is always a better situation. Money talks.

Why would they is the better question..

dang dude...lol

Coach Holmes is 51-15 (78% winning percentage) and 2 state semifinals appearances in 5 seasons.

Im not saying there aren't better possible candidates for the job, but in terms of coaching, he has been very successful. It wouldn't be that far fetched for them to hire him in my opinion. Its really all about who he is going against for the job...if its true he applied for it. Its not always who is the best person for the job, its sometimes who is the best person among those who applied.

• Like 1

dang dude...lol

Coach Holmes is 51-15 (78% winning percentage) and 2 state semifinals appearances in 5 seasons.

Im not saying there aren't better possible candidates for the job, but in terms of coaching, he has been very successful. It wouldn't be that far fetched for them to hire him in my opinion. Its really all about who he is going against for the job...if its true he applied for it. Its not always who is the best person for the job, its sometimes who is the best person among those who applied.

My point exactly on Coach Holmes! He has done a FINE job with JT'S program overall IMO. What he has brought to JT is STABILITY! Now the Cedar Hill job is HUGE coaching job for anyone and wouldn't be surprised who puts their name in the hat for it. Holmes is NOT a 3rd rate coach like some around Tyler insinuate. His record is solid as a rock. Ask Lee fans if they wish they had the stability that JT has.

lol....dude you must not keep up with the news.... Coach McGuire took a job at Baylor with the new Coaching staff 2 weeks ago.

an never say never on someone leaving. There is always a better situation. Money talks.

To be honest if it has nothing to with JT I don't care half the time lol.

dang dude...lol

Agree, it's about who he's going up against for the job. I also may not be giving him enough credit, but I just don't believe he's good enough for the Hill. I heard they had over 90 people apply the last time the job was open, and that was before they won any titles. Holmes is a good coach, but don't think he's good enough for CH if bigger names apply. Just my opinion. JT was in 5A for several of those seasons during his coaching career and they never made it to state. Most of those teams were loaded with talent. Not sure he could do much better at CH with that talent playing in 6A against Duncanville, Desoto and then SLC, Mansfield and Abilene in the playoffs.

Agree, it's about who he's going up against for the job. I also may not be giving him enough credit, but I just don't believe he's good enough for the Hill. I heard they had over 90 people apply the last time the job was open, and that was before they won any titles. Holmes is a good coach, but don't think he's good enough for CH if bigger names apply. Just my opinion. JT was in 5A for several of those seasons during his coaching career and they never made it to state. Most of those teams were loaded with talent. Not sure he could do much better at CH with that talent playing in 6A against Duncanville, Desoto and then SLC, Mansfield and Abilene in the playoffs.

I know he didn't go to state, BUT 2 semifinal appearances in his first 5 yrs of being a head coach is pretty impressive. I don't understand how it can be a knock to go 5 rounds deep in the playoffs. Not going to state in a lower class has nothing to do with whether or not you can go to state in a higher class. IF you can coach, you can coach. Good coaching translates at all levels. But I understand what your saying...a school with championships may want to hire a coach with state titles.

as far as being good enough for them...who knows..sometimes it depends on your players, assistant coaches, and admin. Bill Belichick had a below avg record at Cleveland...then he got to New England, got Drew Bledsoe and Tom Brady, and a good owner, and things took off.

DeSoto never won state...not sure if they ever been before. They hired their OC from the previous coach, and look what happen. I don't believe he had any head coaching experience before. (but he did coach at JT at one time..lol). Also help to get a star QB to transfer in too. Sometimes in life its about little luck an timing.

JT should fare well in 2017. None of the preseason teams on the schedule were much of nothing in 2016. District wins will come down to location. JT goes to Rockwall and Horn and has LV at home. Those are the three games that will matter most. 6-1 in 2016, maybe 5-2 in 2017.