Longhorns 2017 Thread

JustAFan11

USC is either way over rated, or Texas is under rated ... probably a combination of the two ....

Combination. Texas is MUCH better than the team that lost to Maryland at home. They showed that vs SJSU,

USC was given a lot of credit for their big win over (#14 at the time) Stanford. But as it turns out, Stanford isn't all that great.

Like I said we don't know what the snap call is. It may have been silent on those plays. The entire OL was moving on the snap when there was no clap or call telling me it was on the center to snap when ready. Had the center snapped it before the qb "asked" it's likely he'd have been the only one moving. I don't believe that was the case. The entire OL was ready and moving on the snap on those plays. Makes me think it's not a bad play by the Center

Against Maryland everybody got mad because 64 whiffed on a block. Turns out, as Herman said in the PC, buechele changed the blocking call at the line for a hot route then didn't deliver getting sacked. That's on the qb. But on tv it looked like 64 had a grudge against the qb that play

When he is clapping and or using his hand...the entire OL is watching the ball, they have no idea when the qb is calling it because it is a type of silent count. So thus if the ball moves, they move. That'd be why they moved but Ehlinger and the backfield did not. Because they weren't expecting the snap.

When he is clapping and or using his hand...the entire OL is watching the ball, they have no idea when the qb is calling it because it is a type of silent count. So thus if the ball moves, they move. That'd be why they moved but Ehlinger and the backfield did not. Because they weren't expecting the snap.

So basically it's on the qb to pay attention in that instance

Texas is 1-2...why would they be found in the poll?

I can see why Texas may not be rated, but if that's the case then USC who took 2 OTs to eek out a win at home against the Longhorns should have dropped out of the top 10 ... the voters shouldn't have it both ways ... if Texas is not a top 25 team then USC is WAY OVER RATED ...

• Like 3

I can see why Texas may not be rated, but if that's the case then USC who took 2 OTs to eek out a win at home against the Longhorns should have dropped out of the top 10 ... the voters shouldn't have it both ways ... if Texas is not a top 25 team then USC is WAY OVER RATED ...

See also: Florida is ranked in the top 20 despite scoring one offensive touchdown this season.

• Like 1

They are over rated too, but not as much as USC ...

USC isn't a top 5, top 10 team. They are blessed with a media that has two lips firmly planted on the backside of faded glory from 15 years ago. Cowturd fangasms at every mention of the word U or S or C while not being able to tell you the difference between a bootleg and a nose tackle. Texas showed the world that they are a fraud top team.

• Like 1

USC isn't a top 5, top 10 team. They are blessed with a media that has two lips firmly planted on the backside of faded glory from 15 years ago. Cowturd fangasms at every mention of the word U or S or C while not being able to tell you the difference between a bootleg and a nose tackle. Texas showed the world that they are a fraud top team.

Top 10 talent, but not a top 10 team... but until they lose, I will keep them in my top 10. I've seen worse teams survive a season...

• Like 1

They shouldn't be in the top 10-20 now .... they won't be at the end of the year ...

They avoid Oregon and Washington this year. The only two ranked teams on their schedule are Utah and Wazzu. Most of their pre-season hype was the fact they would only need 1 "big" win this season and that was the PAC 12 championship

They shouldn't be in the top 10-20 now .... they won't be at the end of the year ...

So what you are saying is that their record wont matter to you even if they manage to go 13-0 or 12-1...

You would fit nicely on the CFB playoff committee.. close your eyes and draw out of a hat and hope to get lucky

So what you are saying is that their record wont matter to you even if they manage to go 13-0 or 12-1...

You would fit nicely on the CFB playoff committee.. close your eyes and draw out of a hat and hope to get lucky

Yes, they have a cupcake schedule this year ... that alone shouldn't get them a top 10 ranking ... from what I have seen they are way over rated ... the media is the biggest thing they have going for them ...

They avoid Oregon and Washington this year. The only two ranked teams on their schedule are Utah and Wazzu. Most of their pre-season hype was the fact they would only need 1 "big" win this season and that was the PAC 12 championship

Exactly! They'll run the table and get blasted in a semifinal. The two games you mentioned will be tough games but games they should win.

Exactly! They'll run the table and get blasted in a semifinal. The two games you mentioned will be tough games but games they should win.

Who knows what kind of team they will be in December... but I know right now that they have some things they should have the talent to fix but just havent done it yet.

So basically it's on the qb to pay attention in that instance

Had he given the signal (the clapping or the hand down) then absolutely. But it goes back to what I've said, it hadn't yet. Every play the qb surveys the defense, makes any checks he may need to make and then signals to the center he is ready for the snap. No way you can tell him, or any qb, to survey the defense but also be ready for the snap with eyes on the center. That makes no sense. Thus, the qb surveys what he needs to survey and then gives the signal.

Had he given the signal (the clapping or the hand down) then absolutely. But it goes back to what I've said, it hadn't yet. Every play the qb surveys the defense, makes any checks he may need to make and then signals to the center he is ready for the snap. No way you can tell him, or any qb, to survey the defense but also be ready for the snap with eyes on the center. That makes no sense. Thus, the qb surveys what he needs to survey and then gives the signal.

We'll never know. Just like the other instance I gave of 64 watching a man go right by him. The block call changed and everybody was mad that he blew it.

We'll never know. Just like the other instance I gave of 64 watching a man go right by him. The block call changed and everybody was mad that he blew it.

Straight out of the mouth of Coach Herman after practice...

On Ehlingers performance in Los Angeles outside of the snap problems: Those werent his issue. Again, a fluke deal where our center thought he was hearing something.

Straight out of the mouth of Coach Herman after practice...

On Ehlingers performance in Los Angeles outside of the snap problems: Those werent his issue. Again, a fluke deal where our center thought he was hearing something.

Well now we know and don't have to speculate. I'd rather hear it from the horses mouth

I will be thrilled when Texas is actually back. There is no future for the Big 12 unless Texas can get it together. I am not by any means entirely discounting that game. I thought defensively Texas showed more heart in that game than probably any game the last few seasons, aside from OU/TX. My response on here was just that losing in double OT is hardly an indicator this team is going to make a run at the Big 12 championship this season.

I said before, on this thread, that USC was overrated, had a bad o-line and QB wasn't as good as hyped. But yeah, because you saw it from someone else, I'm the one changing the narrative now? No one thinks UT literally cannot beat OU, but to talk that they are going to win the Big 12 is foolish. They will not go 3-0 vs the Oklahoma schools, and that's what it would take.

Let's say Texas gets beat in the regular season game in Dallas by Oklahoma and that is the only conference game they lose. And let's say Oklahoma goes undefeated in conference. That puts those 2 in the title game. If Texas wins the title game, they are 2-1 against the Oklahoma schools, correct ???