Longhorns 2017 Thread

JustAFan11

We need a playmakers on offensive side of the ball.  I think we need a better quarterback dual threat guy to really push to elite level.  The kid from Port Neches Grove is a great guy to really push Ehlinger for starting job next year.  We need depth on offensive line as we have seen what it looks if we do not.

7 minutes ago, EastTex45 said:

We need a playmakers on offensive side of the ball.  I think we need a better quarterback dual threat guy to really push to elite level.  The kid from Port Neches Grove is a great guy to really push Ehlinger for starting job next year.  We need depth on offensive line as we have seen what it looks if we do not.

Johnson from PNC is just a jr. He's got one more year of high school ball. 

10 minutes ago, EastTex45 said:

Still has another year at Port Neches-Groves. 

15 hours ago, EastTex45 said:

My mistake I thought he was a Senior.  Need a offensive coordinator.  I like the aggressive going for it on 4th down but we have had questionable play calling some instances.

I understood going for it on 4th downs because our field goal kicking was ####, but I would laugh out loud at the play call on those fourth downs. QB sneak hit in the back field almost every time. The play calling was laughable. Heck, go count how many times we ran into a 2nd and 8. I almost wanted to say forget the 1st and 10, just give us 2nd and 8 since we're already going to be there lol.

3 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Is the DC going to get a look at any smaller school HC jobs this year? I honestly think he’s got as good or better potential than Herman as a HC. 

I think he could take the Kirby Smart route and wait for a really good job to come open. He has said Herman has done a lot for him and he likes it in Austin. But we'll see

1 minute ago, JustAFan11 said:

OB is reporting that RB Chris Warren will transfer. 

Not surprised by this move and not heart broken either. He wants to play RB and Texas wants him at H back/TE. 

Reports: Texas RB/H-back Chris Warren III planning to transfer https://t.co/bk668OXSnc

Hope he gets his medical redshirt. 

28 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Not surprised by this move and not heart broken either. He wants to play RB and Texas wants him at H back/TE. 

I'm really eager to see Carter and Young excel in the future. I think those two are solids RB's. Not a huge fan of Porter.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

I wish him the best of luck. He handled the situation as well as could be expected. I'm one of the guys that wondered why Warren didn't get opportunities to punch the ball in down around the goal line.

• Like 1

Tom Herman needs to hire a offensive guy and just manage head coaching duties.  This HOUSTON offense will not work in Big 12 let alone competing for playoff spot.  We are TEXAS and we need to start working and finding answers. We are competing for worse team in Texas along with A&M which has finally got rid of their “HOUSTON” prodigy.  It’s not difficult to find guys but Beck is not and will not be the answer.  

41 minutes ago, EastTex45 said:

Tom Herman needs to hire a offensive guy and just manage head coaching duties.  This HOUSTON offense will not work in Big 12 let alone competing for playoff spot.  We are TEXAS and we need to start working and finding answers. We are competing for worse team in Texas along with A&M which has finally got rid of their “HOUSTON” prodigy.  It’s not difficult to find guys but Beck is not and will not be the answer.  

Hey don’t throw A&M under the bus. We’ve had 6 straight winning seasons. Texas has potentially had 4 straight losing ones if they can’t win the bowl game. Slightly different. I’d say Tech is more in that convo lol

10 hours ago, EastTex45 said:

Herman didn't do anything with the offense this year other than help install the offense that has brought him success. Actually many people wanted him to get more involved with the offense as the season went on and Beck looked worse. This "Houston" offense as you called it won Ohio St and national championship while Herman was their OC. So I'd say his offense can compete in any league and for any championships.