Longhorns 2017 Thread

JustAFan11

7 hours ago, Lion70 said:

I know granted they played in the east I get that but they won like 6 straight scoring 40 pts or more. However, played like absolute #### in the games they were underdogs in. Had a wth moment with Purdue (35-3) south Carlina and Aurburn embarrassed them. Gave Georgia  game for a bit and barely beat Arkie lost nailbiter to Kentucky. Rolled Tennessee, Florida, vandy but that ain't saying much

They won 6 straight?  Yep.  However, Of those 6 opponents Vanderbilt is the only team of those 6 that won 5 games.  The other 5 teams won 3 or 4.  Maybe that’s why mizzery looked like world beaters to you.  Yes they have a decent offense and josh hueple is their OC, but that doesn’t mean the game isn’t winnable, like most here were saying.  Winnable, not a sure thing

14 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Malik hasn't practiced for the bowl game and won't play in the bowl because of a "turf toe injury". He hasn't declared for the draft yet but it's coming. 

He’s the leader of the defense and the face of the program.  He’d get blasted if he just decided not to play.  Thus the injury.  He’s already told the coaches he’s not coming back and won’t play in the bowl game.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I initially viewed it as a favorable matchup for the Horns. Then I remembered that half the defense, including most of the secondary, will not play. The defense has been what's kept this team in games and given them a chance.

and its all you need to beat Missouri...

At first I was frustrated with guys not playing, but I've just decided that we will just play with whoever shows up and be happy about it!

Williams, Jefferson, Elliott among other have done a nice job in Austin, but we need to let other young guys get reps anyway.

• Like 1

Texas jr CB Holten Hill will forgo his senior year and enter the NFL draft. 

As we've stated on here before this was likely before his suspension because of his play but it became even more likely with the failed drug testing that would've carried over into his senior year at Texas. 

3 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas jr CB Holten Hill will forgo his senior year and enter the NFL draft. 

As we've stated on here before this was likely before his suspension because of his play but it became even more likely with the failed drug testing that would've carried over into his senior year at Texas. 

Doesn't seem like a good decision. Not sure how failed drug testing would have carried over to next year. If anything, it would give him a chance to prove he's learned from his mistake.

49 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Doesn't seem like a good decision. Not sure how failed drug testing would have carried over to next year. If anything, it would give him a chance to prove he's learned from his mistake.

I think he was looking at being suspended for the first 3 games next year

5 hours ago, HJR7 said:

I want to know who's advising these guys? Hill suspended NFL teams wont like that. Connor coming back from a major injury... Why not improve your stock with another year?

Hill looked like the best CB in the country at times this season. Had he not been suspended and kept up his regular play he would've left early anyway and been a first round pick. Now he'll probably fall to late 2nd. Remember the cowboys took Randy Gregory in the 2nd round after failing the combine drug test. 

Connor didn't have a major injury which is why we saw him return for the last 2 regular season games. He's still likely a top 10 pick. 

Malik may sneak into the 1st round but, more likely to be draft in the 2nd. He will test off the charts at the combine and be an amazing interview for coaches. 

Elliott will test well but he is the one I think should have stayed and could've drastically improved his draft status but we will see.